Windows Vista...another thread to complain about Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista...another thread to complain about Vista

I finally am re-formatting my HD and putting XP Pro back on.

After 2 months of Vista, I have come to the conclusion that I would prefer Windows ME over this crap OS. Forget using Creative soundcards, as most drivers still will not work completely on Vista as well as noting EAX is non functional. The Audigy Platinum card and front side console midi is useless now, as are the all the in's/out's on this device.

The constant asking if I am sure I want to delete this or that and then to note the Admin must make that choice...I am the admin, and just another confirmation window to ask me again! The Mac commercial of the secret service guy behind the PC guy makes me think of this crap every time I use Vista!

I can go on and on about Vista, but I am curious as to how many have used it and then dumped it?

5 fellow employee's at my work had it and dumped it to go back to XP Pro & I will be the sixth.

If such a trend is happening, I can only wonder when MS will address this crap OS before nobody uses it.

Oh it has one positive feature...the Aero Graphics ....so ya get some nice eye candy...frankly it's not enough.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

it would be nice if you could turn of ALL security features with a single button. however, if you have no urgent need for directx10 or that aero stuff there is NO reson to switch to vista.

Comment

To be fair, the Creative stuff isn't Microsoft's fault, it's Creative's...
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I own the Vista upgrade but still havent installed it. I'm waiting for more of my stuff to work with Vista.

Comment

I'm going to keep using XP until I get the time and motivation up to learn Linux.

Comment

I use vista because I'm trendy like that.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_%22Vienna%22

Comment

You can disable that "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?" thing. I forget how now though.

Ewan is right, that is creative's fault. Microsoft had pre-releases and other things available for developers like that for, I'm pretty sure, years. Some companies were retarded and didn't get their shit together and others weren't. This is really evident with, for example, antivirus programs. I used to use zone alarm and those guys are still like "WHHAAAAAAT? VISTA?" where as some other companies even have Vista 64bit software available. So I'm not use zone alarm anymore. It wasn't that good anyway fyi. That isn't microsoft making vista compatible with company A and not compatible with company B. That's company A having the ability to work on their product while company B hasn't.

Vista wasn't some big secret that all of a sudden launched a couple months ago with companies around the world being caught off guard.
                Spider
                Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

i dunno i haven't used it and i've no plans to use it till i really have too

but ...

i just get the feeling alot of software are basically using their software releases as their proper beta testing. In my conspiracy theory - it's too cut costs and counter act piracy i.e. having to register a product and download an update to basically get a working version makes it tougher for piracy.

Yet when you pay your good money for software for this to happen it is very annoying. Least it annoys me.

I wouldn't buy an new OS for a good few months probably 6 after it first comes out but that's dependent on what i here about it from others, let those with the need for the latest technology have the head aches and i'll get it when those bugs are ironed out - having gone from 98 -> 2000 -> xp i'm not overly impressed with the upgrades but i'm not a high end user
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

I have a creative soundcard and I'm not that much of a technical computer user, so does this mean if I ever want to run Vista I have to buy new hardware? There isnt some kind of patch that will make it run with Vista? If so, that really sucks considering I bought this computer last November.

Comment

i have vista, it works fine for me i dont get what u guys complain about.. ;\. unless im using it way different than u guys. all i do is talk on IM, check email, play ss, play source, and surf the net, and listen to music. not that much really.
                      4:BigKing> xD
                      4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                      4:BigKing> what did i do???
                      4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                      4:BigKing> ???? why though
                      4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                      4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
                        I have a creative soundcard and I'm not that much of a technical computer user, so does this mean if I ever want to run Vista I have to buy new hardware? There isnt some kind of patch that will make it run with Vista? If so, that really sucks considering I bought this computer last November.
                        the only good thing with vista is directx10, if you can live with a memory consumation of around 1 gig. every old comp will run vista, just without directx10 for which you also require expensive direcx10 hardware. basically there is no reason u should upgrade an old pc from xp to vista. you can, but why would you... just for aero?

Comment

Looks like most people are going to wait and so am I.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                            i have vista, it works fine for me i dont get what u guys complain about.. ;\. unless im using it way different than u guys. all i do is talk on IM, check email, play ss, play source, and surf the net, and listen to music. not that much really.
                            OMG COME PLAY CS:S WITH ME AND ILL PWN YAZ

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffz View Post
                              the only good thing with vista is directx10, if you can live with a memory consumation of around 1 gig. every old comp will run vista, just without directx10 for which you also require expensive direcx10 hardware. basically there is no reason u should upgrade an old pc from xp to vista. you can, but why would you... just for aero?
                              Hmm so I need directx10 hardware too? sheesh I bought this computer at the wrong time. My only reason for upgrading is pretty much because I got the Vista Upgrade for free since I bought my computer so recently. Aero graphics are a plus, but not if nothing is gonig to work with Vista.

Comment

Working...
                              X