No announcement yet.

Another shooter incident at Va Tech???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No need to attack me for my personal opionion with your personal opinion.

You tell me, if he knew that noone would broadcast this whole thing: would he make public statements and videos? would he feel the need to tell everyone he was 'cornered'.

There is nothing wrong with what i wrote so there is no need to insult me.
    fuck you and fuck your "ratardation"

Comment

• Originally posted by SEAL View Post
      [SIZE=1]It's the fucking media attention. Media is money.
      Everyone discusses what the problem is, who to blame, interviews, etc, etc. Did one reporter ever think he is the one feeding this all? This fucker send an video to cnn, knowing he will get his global attention. And he got what he wanted. Into the history books! The next idiot needs to get over 33 kills or he wont even get internationally broadcasted.

That is the problem.

anyways, those are my 2 cents.
      RIP
      I will not argue with that, since the news outlets at one time many years ago had been a Non-Profit organization that was more of a public service. Well in todays times, when we have major news hubs that are owned by the like of Viacom, GE & Westinghouse...not to leave out Murdoch and Fox. The news today is all about ratings and profits regardless of the moral values they ignore.

News will always be biased due to the coprorate ownerships. Why would the news channels want to report on a humanitarian story when viewers gather to see tragedy?

I personally have not watched the news since the VT incident, as every news program must center on this act. God forbid the 100+ people killed in Iraq by suicide bombers would get more that 1 minute of attention, or even the Gonzalez hearings.

Most stories will always get burried by tragedies like VT. The news agencies have jumped on this for ratings faster than flies land on fresh shit.
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaver View Post
        I agree with you epi but there was at least one incident of unselfishness. A teacher told everyone to flee as he held the door shut, letting people able to jump out of the 2nd story windows and survive, he was then shot and killed shortly thereafter.
        holy fuck
        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by PUNK rock View Post
          I was waiting for the first "American" or if you will Hollywood story. The only thing missing about that story is religion.. Sure, the guy did an awesome selfless thing there. Respect for that, not trying to discredit anything he has done, I can only hope to be able to do something like that if the situation would occur. But American media likes to dig into the background of those people: He survived the holocaust, he was the most publishing professor at the university, etc, etc.

It's the most obvious way you can spot Hollywood stories, take a guy/girl who had some rough things in his past, magnify those things. Then add his act of heroism, and be sure to weave Christianity throughout the movie. Lots off: if it wasn't for jesus, praying, finding his/her way back to god etc.

Again, not trying to discredit what he did, not trying to imply the holocaust was nothing, etc.. just the way they bring that story is so American.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

• dont know if it was posted, but here is the video of him talking

http://youtube.com/watch?v=80Eh06rab...elated&search=

sounds like napoleon dynamite to me
            sigpic
            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
              I was waiting for the first "American" or if you will Hollywood story. The only thing missing about that story is religion.. Sure, the guy did an awesome selfless thing there. Respect for that, not trying to discredit anything he has done, I can only hope to be able to do something like that if the situation would occur. But American media likes to dig into the background of those people: He survived the holocaust, he was the most publishing professor at the university, etc, etc.

It's the most obvious way you can spot Hollywood stories, take a guy/girl who had some rough things in his past, magnify those things. Then add his act of heroism, and be sure to weave Christianity throughout the movie. Lots off: if it wasn't for jesus, praying, finding his/her way back to god etc.

Again, not trying to discredit what he did, not trying to imply the holocaust was nothing, etc.. just the way they bring that story is so American.
              It may very well be an American thing to single out one person from a tragedy, but you have to admit--the man sacrificed himself for the safety of his students, and that's one hell of a story to tell. And if there's anything "good" to come out of this whole debacle, why would it be a crime to highlight it?

The door swings both ways, but I kind of wince when I see someone take a negative attitude of "that's so American", when it truly is a story of someone thinking of others over themselves. Maybe I'm a little too much on the side of "accentuate the positive," and I'll agree that the media has went a little crazy with it, but simply singling this guy out doesn't seem like it should be something to rag on.

EDIT: PS - The article quoted is an Israeli news source, not American.
              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                What really sucks is the psychology of it all. So this guy did it all with handguns, and reports say that it happened over 10-20 minutes, and he even took time to reload and so on.

If in just one of those classrooms, the people would have just rushed the guy, maybe only 2-3 people would have died. But because of basic human psychology (no one wants to be that guy who dies), everyone dies.
                That was one of the first things that came into my mind when I heard he only had hand guns. It's not only instinct to get down on the ground when you hear gun shots or even see a gun, it's what authorities tell you to do because how many shootings are of this nature. If this guy was just shooting at bodies on the ground it's clear he knew what would happen and his goal was to kill as many people as possible. It's becoming a very scary world when schools are probably considering instituting "suicidal gunman" drills in an attempt to prepare students for something like this. It's also a sad realization for me that I don't really feel sad for the victims simply because I've become desensitized to this stuff

Comment

• Well conc, what he did was great, and it deserves to be highlighted, that is not what I meant. What I meant with the American part is the whole dragging in off the person's history: He survived the holocaust, I read that he was the most publishing professor at V-tech. That kind of stuff.. and this wasn't even that much American, cause usually they (guess it's very Hollywood) like to highlight religion too in playing a very important role in whatever that particular hero did.

Again, not trying to discredit what the guy did, and sure, do highlight it. Hope for humanity remains. But the whole highlighting and dramatization off his background/past to show just how awesome he is, that is what I meant. In this case: Holocaust survivor.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

• What are your obituaries like? "Thijs Svënköffërën died today at the age of 83. He did things. He died somehow." If it's only an American tradition to cherish the important things about someone's life, and describe the circumstances of their death in an obituary, I suggest you all adopt that tradition. It makes me feel nice. I know that article may not technically be an obituary, but it would be pretty ridiculous not to include other positive information about the guy's life when writing an article about his death. That guy was a hero and personally I'm glad he got an article that said a bunch of positive things about him. If they make a movie out of it featuring Dustin Hoffman get back to me.
                    5:gen> man
                    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

• You gave me a Swedish sounding last name while I am Dutch..

Is the holocaust really such a positive thing?

And the obituaries over here are something like this: On (date) (name) was taken from us at the age of (age). He was taken too soon from us, etc. etc. Then it states who the husband/wife was, the kids, grandchildren. And that's basically it mostly.

No: (name) fought in world war II saving the lives of 30 people while missing a leg. He could do it because of Jesus. Now at the age of (age) he is taken from us, during his lifetime he invented the cure for cancer and aids, and in his spare time he also solved world hunger, but none of this could he have achieved without his faith in god.

Only with famous people on tv they'll list his/her achievements in their lifetime, but usually not in an obituary. Only that he was a kind man, always there for others or whatever.

Comment

• My grandfather died and the Washington Post published an article that listed all his degrees and where he got them from, discussed his career as a codebreaker for the Navy during World War II, his career at the NSA, and even the places he volunteered in his retirement. It was about as long as the article posted here, and included several quotes from his memoirs. It made us all really happy that his achievements were recognized and hopefully people got to learn about someone who did so much for our country even though all of it was intensely secretive at the time. We didn't pay for it or anything, they just considered his death to be newsworthy. Is there something wrong with that somehow? I just totally don't get it. I want to know all the good things about the people that died at VT, not just that they were students or teachers and that they died.

Comment

• Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post

sounds like napoleon dynamite to me
                          LOL, I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw it.
                          Syndicate - 2 time TWL-D/TWL-J Champions
                          Thunder - Season 11 TWL-J Champions
                          Amputate - TWEL-J Champion

Comment

• So it turns out with the updated list I did know one of the guys who died. He was my TA for the intro engineering class I had my first semester here, and I used to talk to him around campus about how much engineering classes suck, he would always be like "nah you're gonna do fine man" :/

edit: does anyone here know people at TJ?
                            Last edited by D1st0rt; 04-20-2007, 12:51 AM.
                            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

• Yep that's another TJ kid. I've seriously never seen a larger pool of people with literally no social awareness whatsoever. Usually they are faux-liberal-hippie types not faux-neocons. Hm.

Comment

• glock .40 and two stash spots.

Comment

Working...
                                X