Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What annoys you most about your culture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's that phrase people usually use when they disagree on something that's pretty much impossible?

It's right on the tip of my tongue.
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

• agree to disagree
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
        What's that phrase people usually use when they disagree on something that's pretty much impossible?

skeptical?
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
          Clitoris?

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll King View Post
            Clitoris?
            I wish
            Originally posted by Tone
            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

• Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
              SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU I'M SWIMMING IN CRUDE OIL.
              lol?
              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
                lol?
                haha, i think we both just went into a Zappa phase, check my facebook quotes :P
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                  haha, i think we both just went into a Zappa phase, check my facebook quotes :P
                  your whole life should be a zappa phase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foreign View Post
                    All redundancy aside, do you honestly think this is true? Would everyone buy a copy of Windows or Office for the same price they would buy a car even if it were the only purchasing option? No. Why? Because everyone besides Microsoft isn't incapable of creating an operating system. I think Jerome's argument is that there are always alternatives that prevent monopolies from being that extreme. Unless a law is passed saying "you must buy Microsoft products or you will die" people will have the freedom to create alternative solutions that don't require shelling out so much dough (i.e. free as in beer). So yes, Microsoft can charge whatever it wants, monopoly or not, but at least in the realm of computer software consumers have control of the market, not the corporations.
                    I never implied that anyone will 'hold a gun to your head' if you didn't use their product. But you cannot deny the simple fact that Microsoft is in just about every home and school in North America, as well all across the globe. We live in a society that teaches us how to use Microsoft's functions, we are expected to know how to use this program to help us enter the work force. I completely agree with you that its up to the consumer to control this market, but its not always that easy of an answer. The simple answer is for people to use an operating system other than Windows but the truth is not a lot of people would waste their time learning how to use another operating system. I also believe that a lot of people would not see the benefit since they will most likely never in the next ten years have to use anything besides Windows. I know some jobs require you to use Apple such as Broadcast Journalism or Digital Editing but nine times out of ten you'll be using Microsoft.

Its ridiculous to assume that Microsoft would ever drive their prices as high as the cost of a car, but they could steadily increase their prices over time by 5 percent each year and you wouldn't see a HUGE outrage immediately. At least not outrage in the way that corporations boycott Windows all together.
                    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• It annoys me that we have ridiculously high taxes on alcohol and cigarette's cos its "bad for your health".
                      Originally posted by Tyson
                      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                      Originally posted by HeavenSent
                      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                      Originally posted by Izor
                      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cops View Post
                        I never implied that anyone will 'hold a gun to your head' if you didn't use their product. But you cannot deny the simple fact that Microsoft is in just about every home and school in North America, as well all across the globe. We live in a society that teaches us how to use Microsoft's functions, we are expected to know how to use this program to help us enter the work force. I completely agree with you that its up to the consumer to control this market, but its not always that easy of an answer. The simple answer is for people to use an operating system other than Windows but the truth is not a lot of people would waste their time learning how to use another operating system. I also believe that a lot of people would not see the benefit since they will most likely never in the next ten years have to use anything besides Windows. I know some jobs require you to use Apple such as Broadcast Journalism or Digital Editing but nine times out of ten you'll be using Microsoft.

Its ridiculous to assume that Microsoft would ever drive their prices as high as the cost of a car, but they could steadily increase their prices over time by 5 percent each year and you wouldn't see a HUGE outrage immediately. At least not outrage in the way that corporations boycott Windows all together.
                        It's not getting used to the new OS that is hard nowadays, it's getting people to try it. The problem with free operating systems currently is that they come in so many flavors, so finding the right one is a little tricky. Depending on your culture, many won't be bothered to actually do some studying and God forbid work as opposed to spending hundreds of dollars for no reason. That said, as long as the price of the OS doesn't out-pace the efficiency gains that come from it (from a business standpoint), there is no reason to change unless it can be relatively inexpensive. The peculiarity in operating systems, though, is the enormous open source community dedicated to improving on them.

Speaking of which, it just occurred to me that Vista might spell Microsoft's doom. Why? It enforces better software programming practices and standards. One reason windows emulation (i.e. Wine) has been only moderately successful is the fact that windows applications have very loose standards in coding, memory usage, registry usage, etc. Vista breaks a lot of old software but enables free solutions like Wine to be more reliable in future releases. Before too long you'll be able to download a version of Ubuntu that not only looks and behaves akin to windows (and then some), but will also run all of the very necessary office applications as well. Microsoft's hold on the office application market isn't nearly as strong.

As for the price argument, there is no such thing as an acceptable price increase in computer software or hardware. As technology improves prices are expected to drop, not rise. Any increase in price would be a red flag to consumers on its own. For example, the $140 I spent two years ago on a 35GB 10K rpm hard drive was good to buy me twice that capacity a couple weeks ago when I ordered a new one.

And there is the fact that most versions of an operating system don't last long enough for any gradual price increase to have a real effect. The reality would be to just charge an extreme amount for a new version (real life example: Vista). Businesses easily respond to that by just not upgrading (real life example: Vista).
                        -Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
                          It annoys me that we have ridiculously high taxes on alcohol and cigarette's cos its "bad for your health".
                          Yes. I'm pretty sure we have higher taxes than you have, though
                          Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                          You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                          There wont be another election for president.
                          Obama is the Omega President.
                          http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

• it annoys me that whenever I go abroad theres always alot of other swedes doing the same thing. stay the fuck home morons, let me be the one travelling!
                            Originally posted by Tyson
                            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                            Originally posted by HeavenSent
                            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                            Originally posted by Izor
                            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                              LOLz wthi all these wordz in this thred u coud write a book AMIRITE !!!
                              i lafed
                              Originally posted by Ward
                              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

• Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                                your whole life should be a zappa phase.
                                haha i knew this post was coming before you even typed it
                                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                                X