Advice wanted.. Going to South Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice wanted.. Going to South Korea

I'm moving to Seoul, South Korea at the end of this week and I'm going to live there as an English teach for the next 9 months or so.

I was curious if anyone who lives there, or has been in South Korea, has any recommendations for me as far as: Food to stay away from, the best local alcohol, the best foods to eat, or anything else you think might be useful.

I'm going to be sharing an apartment with one of my best friends who has been living over there for the past 5 years. He'll probably be able to answer those questions for me, but I'd like to get some second opinions if possible.

Thanks.

On a side note: I won't have enough time to play this game anymore, so for these next months I probably won't be logging on. I might not end up coming back to the game because anything can happen in 9 months and I might lose interest in Trench Wars, who knows.

Good advice- buy shit in Korea. Clothing and shoes especially will be cheaper. "Stock up" if you will over your stay and bring it back home with you.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Avoid North Korea

Comment

Sound like a good trip, get ready to pack up on awesome electronics with manuals you'll never understand!
        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Pummel View Post
          Avoid North Korea
          sound advice
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

LOL Pummel. Seoul is pretty damned close to the North Korean border, maybe I'll make an excursion out of it.

Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post
            Good advice- buy shit in Korea. Clothing and shoes especially will be cheaper. "Stock up" if you will over your stay and bring it back home with you.
            I've heard that the cost of living is pretty low in South Korea--I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Comment

Hope you like spicy food. My sister went to Seoul to teach and all the food in restaurants were spicy, so if you are fine with spicy food, then thats good. If you're not, start building up a tolerance for it.
              duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

I hear the DMZ is a interesting fun place to go, I have friends that've been there.

The real thing is... you're going to Korea (internet gaming capital of the world) to teach English (a part time job) and you're going to not use the internet?!? Or do you think you'll get hooked to Starcraft/Counterstrike/WoW?
                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                  Sound like a good trip, get ready to pack up on awesome electronics with manuals you'll never understand!
                  But men don't use manuals so he wouldn't need them anyway.
                  thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

counter strike belongs to us americans dammit!

Comment

Definitely visit a Starleague game studio at least once, either MSL or OSL (during a game of course!).

I suggest you lurk a bit over at teamliquid.net, many resident koreans over there, you might get a good answer out of one of them.
                      2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
                      2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
                      2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
                      2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
                      2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
                      1:spider> Wooooohoo!
                      1:spider> .*passes the hat*
                      1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

money stop pubbing on zombie maps all day long :fear:

Comment

Soju is the drink there that really fucks you up right? Sometimes it has 3% alcohol sometimes it has 30% so you never know what you're getting I could be wrong on which that is.
                          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Korean food is good. If you like spicy stuff and tasty meat, then you'll like Korean food. I'm sure it'll be a fun experience for you. Seoul is pretty modern so there shouldn't be any problems finding things you need/want.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient View Post
                              Korean food is good. If you like spicy stuff and tasty meat, then you'll like Korean food. I'm sure it'll be a fun experience for you. Seoul is pretty modern so there shouldn't be any problems finding things you need/want.
                              yea, korean food is great!!!

if you like dog.

Comment

Working...
                              X