No announcement yet.

teaching english

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has a lot to do with the level of management actually.. both interior and exterior. The faculty staff education to student achievements play a big role as well. I think there's a whole section on that site for it.
    1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
    1:Cower> Sword
    1:Kthx> ok
    1:Cower> Axe
    1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
    1:Cower> ?
    1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

• According to Schelps School of Pricks to get into an MBA, IMBA, MPA, Post-MBA you need a B average. According to the grading system used at the school he pretty much just do a bit above whats required of him to get his initial Degree before they take more of his money and accept him into the MBA.

Here's your grading system

Letter Grade Index Interpretation
      A+ 9
      A 8 Excellent
      A- 7
      B+ 6
      B 5 Good
      B- 4
      C+ 3
      C 2 Acceptable
      C- 1
      F 0 Fail
      P 0 Pass (Courses taken on exchange)

Ward, you've got to learn that you go to a mediocre school. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, I'll be going to a mediocre school, and you know what? That's just fine with me.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Cops, you're missing one big chunk of story here, son. If I graduate successfully with a high GPA next year, I will be bound to have a job reserved for me automatically. There is no wait. Someone I know graduated from Schulich school of Pricks two years ago and right away got a job with 100k starting salary. It's hard work but it pays off
        1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
        1:Cower> Sword
        1:Kthx> ok
        1:Cower> Axe
        1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
        1:Cower> ?
        1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
          The faculty staff education to student achievements play a big role as well.
          Huh? I just meant, when you get into that MBA program, then you can talk about how good that MBA program is. Until then, I don't see what relevance the quality of your school's grad program has, given that you're in undergrad classes. If that broken sentence was supposed to explain this to me, sorry.
          5:gen> man
          5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

• Was a good read until it degenerated into a pissing contest :fear:
            "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

• A huge part of being educated and a good writer is KNOWING HOW TO WRITE AS SIMPLY AS POSSIBLE IN ORDER TO COMMUNICATE YOUR POINT TO THE TARGET AUDIENCE AS EFFICIENTLY AS POSSIBLE. Fancy words have nothing to do with being 'smart'.
              jee

Comment

• On a side note: What is your (you euros) summer holliday plans?
                I'm trying to plan something, somewhere warm and nice but not the standard tourist/beach/hotel thing. Thanks.

Edit: No camping please.
                Last edited by SEAL; 05-09-2007, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Aside from your other nonsense which isn't worth replying to, do you actually know what you're talking about?
                  I don't have an MBA, but I play a uneducated shitbag on TV.

Originally posted by Ward
                  And if you think I'm in some discredited "college"
                  Haha, "discredited." Please look up what "accreditation" means. I think you'll find that "discredited" is not the antonym. But then again, I shouldn't have to give you a grammar lesson, should I? I mean, there's "nothing wrong" with your grammar as it is, right?

It's somewhere where pseudo-intellectual morons like you mop the floors.
                  People who write software for some of the most advanced pieces of simulation technology in the world mop the floors there? Maybe I should come over and hang out with them. I'm sure they're pretty highly paid as janitors, seeing as how they could probably make more money doing software engineering somewhere else. Man, the benefits package must be awesome.

If I'm wrong, then maybe, just maybe you'll realize that it's probably the best business school in Canada.
                  Wait, if you're wrong, then I'll realize? Tell me, O Wise One, how that makes sense?

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                  Do I need to explain it more thoroughly for you?
                  Yes. Please tell me exactly. (This should be good for a laugh.)

Conc's pathetic attempts to deride me and my verbal use, because I called him "ez" inside the game due to his lack of skill, just don't work on me. I know the initial argument got derailed, and now apparently to my marital status? Wow..
                  You're right, dude. This is all because you called me "ez" in a game I hardly play anymore.

Look dude, you're 20 years old. I hate to break out the ol' "I'm older, I'm way more well-read, and I have far more real world experience than you do" but this argument just keeps on being:

Me: "Maybe you shouldn't judge English majors until you have a better grasp of the language yourself."
                  You: "My grasp of language is the just fine! You dont understand the fortitudinous nicities of my vasticular niche! LOL U DUM"

...and it's tiring, bro. It's like arguing with a 7 year-old about the color of the sky. You're not convincing anyone that you're actually intelligent. More likely, you're exposing yourself to a greater audience as some guy who talks a big game but has absolutely no skill at backing it up.

With that said, I'm done. This thread has been derailed far from what was actually a good topic. My apologies to Jerome, Mantra, SEAL, TK, Galleleo and most of the other posters on the first page.
                  Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

One more thing, I'm tired of seeing non-Americans argue with me about English. It's highly unlikely for you to be on my lingual level, let alone surpass me.
                    Damn ye English for thinking you actually know English!

And aren't you Ukrainian?

I am currently doing business school, first year. And One of my courses was Economics, and what did I get there? This little book: The worldly philosophers, guess what it's about? That's right, the history of economics, from Adam Smith all the way up to John Maynard Keynes. And that was only half of that course.

And yes, I have also had Accounting and Finance, and it's not all that difficult as you try to make it seem.

Ow, and Cops, the numbers you put behind A to F, the 0-9 scale. Do you think that is the same scale as used in the Netherlands? (we grade from 0-10, but what I mean is, if you get an A (8) there would it be a 8 here too? (asking if you THINK so) cause if that is the case, I am averaging between A- and A.)
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
                      Lately, I've honestly been contemplating moving to Dubai City after I accumulate a little wealth and am out of college for a few years.

They gotta have police men right? Or hell, I could always get a job at Dubailand, which is supposed to hire almost 100,000 people alone.
                      ive never seen a white cop in dubai
                      they are all arabs.

but ive got a friend who worked for the Abu Dhabi PD in forensics, they are hiring a lot of westerners as "experts".
                      Displaced> I get pussy every day
                      Displaced> I'm rich
                      Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                      Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                      Thors> prolly
                      Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

• Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
                        Damn, I am uncanny
                        Squad Penetrate for forum psychics

when we're good we're good
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

• so yeah Jerome those two are not really big problems. You can be a good english teacher w/o really knowing any chinese at all. As someone said you can work at a school where most of the students already have a decent understanding of english where you dont really have to explain anything in chinese. The most important thing for those kids is really to hear someone talk with a good english accent. They dont hear english on tv or radio or in the streets so its hard for them to know how to pronounce the words and sound *english*. Maybe the school arrange so you work together with the current english teacher or something, I dont really know how it works but I know its okey to teach without having any mandarin or cantonese knowledge.

Its the same with the private sessions you know, you just help them with their textbooks and assignments or whatever and talk to them so they learn how real english sounds like. You really shouldnt worry about this, its amazing how easy people can communicate without speaking the same language

On the other hand I do recommend you study some chinese on the side while teaching cos its a cool language to know and it will help you alot in your social life outside the school.

Saying China is communist is wrong jerome, its a ridiculous dictatorship who does everything they can to control the people, thats all. (and no, thats not the definition of communism ) China even has certain cities now where they allow free market (shanghai,shenzhen,hong kong etc). I imagine you will get in trouble if you start waving the american flag on Tiananmen square or if you speak up too loud about how bad you think the government is (that would happen in many countries around the world tho) but you can discuss it with the average man on the street without causing any problems. Chinese people and chinese government treat foreginers really well, much better than their own population, cos they know they are extremely important for the future and for the development of the country.
                          Originally posted by Tyson
                          There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                          Originally posted by HeavenSent
                          Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                          Originally posted by Izor
                          Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

• i've never heard the term "amalgamation" used in the business environment
                            PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

• yeah well wait until i amalgamate your face
                              5:gen> man
                              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

• The only people that use amalgamtion in common discussion are so called "scholars," and people that are trying to make themselves seem more educated than they actually are.

Wonder which one Ward falls under?
                                Originally posted by Tone
                                Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
                                X