Blair announces his last day as PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blair announces his last day as PM

I am curious as to how this announcement was recieved by the UK? Between Bush and Blair making comments that god speaks directly to them and directed them to the decisions made only makes me wonder if there is a feeling of relief that he is finally out the door?

So how is Gordon Brown being looked at? From what I have been reading, it seems that Brown is a loser as well.Will John Reid challenge Brown once Blair steps down?

I only ask, as I would like to know what the personal feelings are about this change. 10 years is a long time for anyone to hold an elected office. So with a change on the horizon and especially after reading about Brown's Labour party problems in Scotland; as well as not being around to defend the disaster of his tax credits.

I am just curious, and at least I didn't start a Bush thread!
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

I don't really care about it.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I like his last name.
      Originally posted by Tone
      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

From what I understood he was loved at the beginning and despised near the end, yet since Churchill he was one of the best PM's the Labour Party and Britain have had. But yeah, I do believe the majority of the English like seeing him go right now.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

kissing ass doesn't make you popular, ask mr. x
          Ara / AraGee / Death
          SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
          SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
          TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
          ----------------------------------------------

Comment

I dunno, it seemed to get you pretty far.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
              From what I understood he was loved at the beginning and despised near the end.
              what does that tell us Mr. Sinclair?

Always in moderation.
              sigpic
              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Interesting that there is really no reply based upon the subject matter of this inital post. Why do so many have opinions about Bush and the U.S. govt. but none about their own?

Oddly enough...as many people, including myself, love to bash Bush, the straw that broke the camels back that initiated the invasion of Iraq stemmed from Brit Intelligence, so I consider Blair as bad as Bush. Regardless, it doesn't seem like anyone cared if he stayed another 10 years or leaves this June.
                May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                  Interesting that there is really no reply based upon the subject matter of this inital post. Why do so many have opinions about Bush and the U.S. govt. but none about their own?

Oddly enough...as many people, including myself, love to bash Bush, the straw that broke the camels back that initiated the invasion of Iraq stemmed from Brit Intelligence, so I consider Blair as bad as Bush. Regardless, it doesn't seem like anyone cared if he stayed another 10 years or leaves this June.
                  probably cause he doesn't display many attributes that people love to hate (besides being Brit n' all >=|D <-note the mustache) that Bush displays with his way of pronouncing words; his total mind set that this whole stupid shit is about finding terrorists.
                  sigpic
                  All good things must come to an end.

Comment

To be honest I don't follow British politics, I'm not even sure what parties exist in Britain other than the Workers Party.
                    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I am curious as to how this announcement was recieved by the UK?
                      He's been saying he's resigning for a while now so I guess we're all pretty indifferent. The trouble with Blair is he's been in power for so long (10 years) that I'm too young to compare him to any other prime minister. Many people will probably be glad to see the back of him but then again, everyone just looks at the Iraq war. Personally, I disagree with the war but I think he did an ok job (again, I can't compare) with the country and that, after all he did last 10 years. I'm glad that Prescott will be standing down as well, that guy was a joke. In fact, the government itself has just been one big joke lately.
                      Between Bush and Blair making comments that god speaks directly to them and directed them to the decisions made only makes me wonder if there is a feeling of relief that he is finally out the door?
                      I have only heard Blair mention God once in his whole 10 years of term, and that was during a recent interview... but it wasn't about God speaking to him.
                      So how is Gordon Brown being looked at? From what I have been reading, it seems that Brown is a loser as well.Will John Reid challenge Brown once Blair steps down?
                      Nobody wants Brown yet he seems to be the only candidate, he's better off remaining as chancellor.
                      Originally posted by Cops
                      To be honest I don't follow British politics, I'm not even sure what parties exist in Britain other than the Workers Party.
                      Labour & Conservative are the two big parties fighting for power, then you have smaller parties including Liberal Democrats, Green Party & BNP (they want to get rid of the immigrants along with other controversial laws)

Comment

Well personally i thought Blair was a good PM. Bit to slick on some things though and was retarded over Iraq which is pretty much what lost him the public and even when he goes, it will still taint Brown.

Personaly he's had a big affect where i live and put in an enormous effort into the Northern Ireland peace process, for which i'm grateful. He has also put alot of money into the UK's NHS and education yet University fees have been introduced and gone up which i'm not happy about at all.

Being seen as Bush's bitch and then following into Iraq for weapons off mass destruction is probably how he'll be remembered though.

I'm surprised he didn't go earlier and let Brown have more of an impact as PM before the next election.

As for brown, i think the media has already slanted against him, which is very dangerous as they can decide who wins the elections unfortunately. He was a very good chancellor and i'm interested how he'll do as PM.

I think there is a real danger that slimy bastard Cameron will get in, he is terrible i've hated everything he has done so far and he is untrustworthy ! He is all about flaff and not about policies, if he gets voted in with his presentation and dressing up a wolf in sheeps clothing he'll devastate the NHS i'm sure and it will turn into a medical insurance thing and only basic care on the NHS - i mean who seriously replaces the tory logo with a childs drawing of a tree
                        old

new#

well fuck me i'm convinced, those tories arent' the evil money grabbing bastard they used to be, they now care about the environment and not rewarding the rich! their logo has a tree in it it must be true. And look there font isn't all in caps now ! they look more cuddly and less forceful , aww how cute ... fuck off they are evil and he keeps saying sound bites like " You're an analogue politician in a digital age" (that was to gorden brown) oo he is down with the kids as well .. seriously WTF, is this all politics is now? a stage show ??
                        In my world,
                        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X