X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Portfolio Site

lemme know what you guys think-

www.liquidbg.com
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

awesome dude.

the design is good, simple, comprehensive.
    the work speaks for itself

Comment

I think the site itself is pretty dull, but the works displayed are great.
      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

nice drawings but the site is ... ehm basic, dull, boring ...
        2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
        2:renzi> lol no
        2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

Huge font size, strange font.

Might want to add a contrast color aswell. If you're bad with color theory, try some color theme service, like kuler.adobe.com

edit: Nice drawings. Nekkid chick with no face, me likes.
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

hehe personally I like the color-theme, I used [almost] exact the same color scheme in a few sites/programs.
            It's just that because of your sketching skills I think you could make some neat watermark or draw your own menu.

I myself am a minimalist when it comes to sites, but for portfolio sites and artwork sites it's probably a good thing to spice them up since it won't be too complex a site.
            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I had this random idea for something you could do sometime, but I'll send you a mail about that.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

thanks for the comments

reason I kept it simple like that is because my portfolio teacher stressed to keep it simple, that far too many people try to make their site flashy or super-original and employers simply pass them over. She stressed that it needs to be so simple where the employers can just click and look at your work, and to have your info on every page.

I'll be tweaking it over time though- lemme ask you this:

would you prefer thumbnails for the drawings, or keep it slideshow-esque as it is now?
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I think a combination of both would be good
                  thumbnails on the right, and the full picture on the left when you click the thumbnails
                  Last edited by project dragon; 05-24-2007, 04:14 PM.
                  duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

btw why did u use flash just to display some links?
                    2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
                    2:renzi> lol no
                    2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

Rounded corners would look good for the big light blue box... the way it is right now seems too squarish.

Also... you should consider centering it on the page, right now it's shifted to the left.
                      CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

use pastel and a contrast color. light blue/brown work great

the 'styles' sort of clash. like, you have this sort of 'zany' logo typeface, and then this Times Roman-ish font you use for the actual text... try streamlining it. Use Arial, or Georgia.. both work great for a logo typeface as well as content typeface.

The 'title' of the page is Index, you might want to change it to like, "LBG 2007"

The page itself is also... static. Like, I have a pretty big monitor, and so I see alot of extra dark blue on the right of my screen. Set the main content div's properties to either stay in the center, or adapt to the size of the monitor. Check out my website and change the width of your webbrowser, you'll see what I mean.

It seems to me that you're also leaning on Flash too much. Try picking up CSS/html (assuming you don't use it already), it will give you tons of flexibility.
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Toilet Zombie!
                          Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

:up: both font- and colorwise
                              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                              5: Da1andonly> =((
                              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Working...
                              X