Gran Turismo 3 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gran Turismo 3 question

I've had my fully upgraded Lancer Evo IV (the most expensive one of the ones in the 32000 credits range) for a while now. I'm starting to run out of stuff to race in with this car.

My third car, what should it be, and why?

I like the Italian one to 350000 credits, but it's a big price tag.
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

i forgot i had this game! sweet! and i have a force feedback driving wheel now too! even sweeter!
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Front Wheel Drive
      Rear Wheel Drive
      All Wheel Drive
      Mid Engine
      American
      European
      Japanese

Those are the basic car types you'll need for the races. The lancer is Rear Wheel Japanese, so try...

Front Wheel Japanese
      All Wheel American
      Mid Engine European

Most of the cars that you win via tournament will be cars you can use in other events. But, if you don't like any of them, just hit up the store after selling a couple and get some cars on the cheap that will win the races for you. You can always get that "dream car" after the match.
      DELETED

Comment

jesus christ, you know a lot about video games
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
          i forgot i had this game! sweet! and i have a force feedback driving wheel now too! even sweeter!
          Awesome, enjoy, I'd love to try with a wheel!

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

heres the key to this game. once you have some cash, buy the suzuki escudo. then go to the endurance races, go to the oval track one, set an object on the x button, come back 3 hrs later and you may have the coolest car in the game, the F1 (dammit i forget the exact name its been a while, but an open wheel racer)

edit: if you get one of the other cars for winning just dont save and try again.
            Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
            1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
            Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
            caco <ER>> )Oo
            caco <ER>> bot thief!
            caco <ER>> duel me for it
            Evasive <E> no!
            Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Originally posted by WuTang420 View Post
              heres the key to this game. once you have some cash, buy the suzuki escudo. then go to the endurance races, go to the oval track one, set an object on the x button, come back 3 hrs later and you may have the coolest car in the game, the F1 (dammit i forget the exact name its been a while, but an open wheel racer)

edit: if you get one of the other cars for winning just dont save and try again.
              I think that is just the non-turbo F1 car the turbo is much faster
              "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Comment

still an f1 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                  jesus christ, you know a lot about video games
                  I'm entering the CGS, Championship Gaming Series, for a shot at a 30k contract playing Project Gotham Racing 3.
                  DELETED

Comment

Dameon, can you be more specific as in which car is worth getting?

Of American car, the Viper is known to be horrible to drive, and it takes too long for me to drive every single car to find out. Halp!

Oh, and most cars are 4WD, same with lancer evo.

Comment

Front Wheel Japanese - Get any Honda or Mazda. I can't remember which ones are front wheel.

Mid Engine European - get a Porsche. Classic Mid Engine type. Not fast in the straights, but will kill in the turns.

Mid Engine Japanese - Toyota MR2 Spider

Rear Wheel American - Fords will work, like the Mustang. But if you want something to turn more, get an Acura Integra.

Rear Wheel Japanese - Toyota Supra, I'm pretty sure that's rear.

Front Wheel American - Ford Focus, that's my personal favourite.

All Wheel Drives - The Subaru WRX is the best bet. Or possibly a Toyota Celica if they offer the 4WD version in the game. Your Lancer should be just fine, though.
                      DELETED

Comment

What can you tell me about tire wear, pitting strategy and tire selection in longer races?

I lose because I have to do 3 times as many stops as #1, and I got the medium racing slicks.

I don't bash into stuff or run over that much non-road when I drive.

Comment

I thought you can turn that stuff off. I never remember playing with Tire Wear, myself.
                          DELETED

Comment

I haven't played this in a while, but if I recall, I never actually purchased cars that I used after the first two or three (I think I also upgraded a Lancer) and after that the cars I won were way better than anything I could afford to buy. I think it was pretty easy to get a rally car and the prizes for winning those races were tight. I ended up using the money to just buy cars that looked cool for the hell of it. I wish they did a better job with making every car in the game useful for something. Also, does anyone beat these games? I got to 50% completion I think, and I got to the point where each race was like an hour long, which is lose-lose. I'm not doing an hour long race if it's close, because if I barely lost after spending an entire hour and had to redo it, I'd shoot myself. Likewise, if you won the thing by like 12 laps it was just boring.
                            5:gen> man
                            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Working...
                            X