• Show
Clear All

• Just so we can clearly understand why I'm in a good mood

LB: man did you get my text from earlier
    buddy: yeah youll be tutoring some nubs at AI or soemthing
    buddy: ^5'
    LB: nah man
    LB: not tutoriing
    LB: ok you know how i am doing the animated musical for the female songwriter, right? it's a short story of her grandkids going through some adventures
    buddy: uhh no
    buddy: esplain
    LB: k
    LB: a songwriter was looking to create a animated musical short (about 30 mins) , in which her grand kids get into this wacky adventure. she went to the booth of one of my buddies at the portfolio show, and he suggested me. she came over, we talked and i gave her a dvd. as she was leaving she stopped by my booth again and told me people had nothing but nce things to say about me, and she'd be in contact with me later. well we set up a deal, and met today at the school
    LB: now to rewind second
    LB: well when she first brought the idea to the school, to alison specifically, alison said she could do it one of two ways- A) through a student, or B ) through a class of students, as sort of like a client~project thing
    LB: (alison is the career services advisor, she gets graduates jobs)
    LB: the school were pysched about her idea, so she talked to me today to see how i would feel about doing the class thing
    LB: she asked about the class thing because she said we could even do it in episodes, not just make one short
    LB: so i said sure
    LB: basically we'll be working together and getting started, and she'll work with the school on laying out th groundwork for the class and getting everything set up
    LB: we'll have a classroom of student animators to get fresh ideas and concepts from, and probably even animate a few episodes, and the class will be about a year long
    LB: she'll have creative control as always, but I'll act as a in-between guy, a bridge of sorts between her and the students- in a nutshell I'll be an art director/mentor
    LB: since I don't have a master's they aren't going to give me a class, but if it does indeed get green-lighted through the school
    LB: I'll be working with the students for a year on this, sort of like a student teacher (an actual teacher will be in there of course)
    LB: but its just such a *good* surprise- i wanted to teach animation later on down the road anyway, and this is a perfect "dry run" as alison put it, to see if i really like teaching
    buddy: holy shit
    LB: yea, that's what i was thinking
    LB: i'll be getting paid 15/hr as well
    LB: to put the cherry on that proverbial sundae

---

In a nutshell- Along with getting a full-time job as 2d animator, and freelancing an animated musical short, I also might end up being a mentor/art director for a classroom of animators for a year at my school.

---
    I've pretty much nailed the job interview that I had 2 days after I graduated, I just have to go meet the boss tomorrow and discuss salary, etc

:wub: :grin:
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

draw elmer fudd, tx.

Comment

so, when I first read the title of this thread I saw "Just so we can clearly understand why I'm not in a good mood".

Then I read the post, and was confused as hell because you sound so happy!
      But anyways, congratulations!
      Warning: Disconnected From Server.
      paralyze> what is this, some sort of gay-out?
      paralyze> and nice try
      Sleuth> WTF
      Sleuth> OK QUIET
      JuNkA> LOL
      Sleuth> THOUGHTS COMING
      Sleuth> SHHH

Warning: Disconnected From Server
      Thoughts> u wish
      Sleuth> WHAT THE FUCK
      Vue> LOOL
      Sleuth> LOLOLOLOL
      Sleuth> ABBOT IS COMING
      Sleuth> QUIET

Warning: Disconnected from server
      abbot> ..
      Thoughts> LMFAO
      paralyze> ROFL
      Sleuth> stfu

Comment

Was hoping it involved the receipt of bjs. But congrats anyway ^.^

Comment

you never know, the female songwriter (hopefully she's hot) might drop to her knees out of gratitude once the finished product arrives.

that's fucking sweet, lb.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Subjugation View Post
            Was hoping it involved the receipt of bjs. But congrats anyway ^.^
            but lb-bjs come from dudes :/
            afksry

Comment

I just feel good!
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

As do I!
                1: hed> does aquatiq go to your school
                1: oar> yeah
                1: hed> go talk to her and be like "baby, lemme get those digits"
                1: hed> and after dinner
                1: hed> "howbout you unban apt"

7: flared> so me and my friends talked shit back to him
                7: flared> THEN we find out he's in the crips

3: oar> do you like strawberry shortcake?
                3: Nimesh> my sis does
                3: oar> http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erry+shortcake

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                  you never know, the female songwriter (hopefully she's hot) might drop to her knees out of gratitude once the finished product arrives.

that's fucking sweet, lb.
                  I guess you missed the part where I mentioned she has grandkids

unless you like 'em mature, jason

like fine wine, amirite?

EDIT- Igno what we did in Vegas, stays in vegas
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Dude, you don't let things out of Vegas.
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

man this shit is annoying. back in the day when everyone wore the sir gaunt avatars for a week, at least it was all people that had essentially the same personality. this is another story, the three of you are completely different and i cannot figure out why lb is saying such weird (or incredibly inane in the case of oar) shit all the time.
                      5:gen> man
                      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

seriously, change your avatars guys. it was never funny. i can't say i'd ever thought it would be necessary, but maybe there should be a rule about blatantly ripping off someone else's avatar in an attempt to create confusion. or i guess this kind of thing could fall under a "you're a dumb shit, here have a ban." sort of rule.
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
                          man this shit is annoying. back in the day when everyone wore the sir gaunt avatars for a week, at least it was all people that had essentially the same personality. this is another story, the three of you are completely different and i cannot figure out why lb is saying such weird (or incredibly inane in the case of oar) shit all the time.
                          Hey hey I'm still my natural awesome self, I just have people trying to be me, that's all. I'm not going to change my avatar just because I have a couple of imposter's.

Comment

I am just paying homage to LB.

Comment

lb
                              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                              X