• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some are better at computer games

and some are better at life

Comment

Originally posted by Vihta View Post
      I know a guy who did 1-70 in 10 days or so on his shaman after TBC was released.

Anyways about WoW. It's fun if you just play it TO HAVE FUN. By this I mean you actually read quest logs and stuff, because there is tons of interesting lore and stories there.
      This is how I played all 3 of my characters. I loved learing about the lore and following the storyline in game.

If you just grind some boars and never read anything and look everything up from thottbot thinking "omg omg I have to level level level", then yeah it will suck probably. At max level the fun comes from finding the right ppl to play with (might be hard sometimes because of a number of retards) and realising you don't have to be the best, have the best stuff and do everything in game possible. I don't really get ppl claiming it's somehow just a huge time sink and waste of time. You realize all games are essentially just a "time sink and waste of time"? If you don't have fun WHILE playing, then obviously it's not a game for you. Games are for relaxing and entertainment, when you want to "achieve" something go study your homework.
      Time sink and waste of time mean different things (to me at least). A time sink is something that can easily absorb a large portion of your life or daily schedule, often because it is so engrossing and/or enjoyable. That doesn't mean it can't be productive or fun time spent. I guess the issue is that too much of anything isn't healthy. I love my job, but sometimes I feel like staying at least an hour more than everyone else on weekdays and then doing 4-5 hours on Saturday is going to be bad for me in the long run, regardless or any raise or promotion I could get.

You can still have a lot of fun without spending 15 hours every day there. I actually started to play casually again this summer and I've had a ton of fun so far again leveling my imba gnome warlock (lev 32 now) Never gonna play hardcore again thou (any game). Also single player games just don't get me excited anymore at all. Played some Civ4 which is a fantastic game and all, but it just doesn't seem all that fun to play alone against AI. Don't think I've really played any single player games for years and years now, probably like Baldur's Gate II was the last one I actually played a bit more.
      I wish most people would play MMO's casually but because they are "time sinks", people are more likely to play for 6-8 hours a day and not 2-3. I'm a very competitve person, especially in video games, and because I can't play casually I have chosen not to play at all. If only I'd have been experienced enough to make that decision regarding a certain 2D ship game about 8 years ago.

Comment

In other news.

http://www.wow-advantage.com/wow-hack.html

Is this legit?

Comment

I played ragnarok online for 2 days and have since sworn off MMORPGs. Horrible fucking genre that should be cast back into the darkness it came from.
          Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

I played ?go wow last night

Comment

Originally posted by Stompa View Post
              In other news.

Is this legit?
              It is fake, if you look at that picture, you'll see 9999 +dmg, but a 6,6 crit chance.

Intellect gives crit, so that's just a poorly photoshopped picture.
              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Stompa View Post
                In other news.

Is this legit?
                Can you say..'PRIVATE SERVER GM'?

Comment

I uninstalled continuum to make time to play WoW now.

Comment

Next you'll be uninstalling your life to make time to play WoW..
                    Originally posted by paradise!
                    pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                    1:Reaver> HALP
                    1:Reaver> HELELP
                    1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                    1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Sorry that was a retarded drunk post. I'm not actually going to be playing WoW...I played on my friend's account up to level 11 and Jesus, it stops being fun, it just gets really tedious and running back and forth across maps is annoying as FUCK. But I did uninstall Continuum.

Comment

o rly:fear:
                        Big Chill

Comment

Personally I don't like the colors at ALL. The game is way too bright and colorful.
                          Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                          You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                          There wont be another election for president.
                          Obama is the Omega President.
                          http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X