TV-shows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV-shows.

I've never been an active watcher of TV-shows that actually has a storyline. Just random comedy shows like Simpsons, Futurama, Friends etc etc.

After Stargate opened my eyes, and pants, I'm in need of MOAR, MOAR.

I've heard that Heroes, The Shield and Battlestar Galatica is good.

Throw me a bone here, what shows can the Trench Wars Forum population reccomend to Noah?
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Lost
    The Office
    Battlestar Galactica

are the four I mainly watch off of Tivo.
    DELETED

Comment

Stargate Atlantis :greedy:

http://www.rslinks.org/search/node/stargate
      Maverick
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
      Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
      Subspace Statistics Administrator
      Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

I know, I have to wait to I get to the right season so I can watch both at once. :wub:
        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Good shows

24 (1 episode is one hour. It follows a guy of CTU for 24 episodes = 1 day)
          + Every episode is a good constant thrill & action.
          - Sort of a McGuyver.
          - You start talking (loud whispering is better defined) like Tony Almeda
          + and - You can't watch one episode.. it's too addictive.

Lost (People get stranded on an island.)
          + Misterious. Constant question of "what's going on".
          + Well put together. Everything has a reason.
          - You have the feeling that they stretch useless things ("character flashbacks/info) too much.

Sopranos (maffia family in new jersey)
          + Just vegging out on the couch. It's an "relaxed" show. Great intro song.
          + Funny/Cool sketches.
          - It slow, sometimes you feel nothing happens.

Prison Break (this guy is in death row. His brother wants to help him escape)
          + Constant thrill
          - IMO, it's way to streched out/ slow. I quit watching after 6 episodes. But appearantly alot people disagree since it's very populair.

Band of Brothers (2nd world war, only 6 episodes or something)
          + Looks pretty realistic
          - Looks pretty realistic

House (a doctor in a hospital with great one liners)
          + Funny one liners
          - IMO, yet another csi/whatever

There's a few I don't know but appearantly they are populair. Maybe someone else can fill it in. Such as 6 feet under, 4400, invasion, Greys Anatomy (for women), weeds and finally bones.

Just gotta add Hell's Kitchen (us version, dont get the uk version) because it's just hilarious, although it isn't a real series/ storyline.

Comment

curb your enthusiasm - pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good

i'm alan partridge (first series) - funniest tv ever made. ever.

the wire - "The breadth and ambition of "The Wire" are unrivaled and that taken cumulatively over the course of a season -- any season -- it's an astonishing display of writing, acting and storytelling that must be considered alongside the best literature and filmmaking in the modern era."
            Last edited by NaiLed; 09-17-2007, 08:38 AM.

Comment

THE SHIELD

and Oz ofcourse...
              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
              There wont be another election for president.
              Obama is the Omega President.
              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Battlestar Galactica (Movie in November, season 4 in January)
                Prison Break
                Heroes
                Lost
                Stargate Atlantis
                The IT Crowd
                Jericho
                Weeds
                The Office

Comment

Besides the usual good ones of House, Battlestar, 24

Daybreak - 1 season mini, 13 epis, Groundhog day-style police action thriller. Very good shit

Thief - 1 season mini, 6 epis, about bunch of thieves, from their point of view. Got some emmy or something. Really good shit too

The Maxx - $$

Firefly - Such a good show, space cowboys baby! Fucking idiots to drop it, whoever they were...
                  Dunno which chick is hotter, although Inara (before going all Hollywood sub-zero size) has everything talking for her *snap* *snap* *snap*

Bleak house - if you dig costume dramas "A suspenseful tale about the injustices of the 19th-century English legal system"

The Nine - bunch of ppl in a hostage situation, and their lives after, but I've only managed to see the pilot due to bad times, so I have no idea if it's proper good
                  Originally posted by Disliked
                  However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                  when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Read a book.

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed View Post
                      i'm alan partridge (first series) - funniest tv ever made. ever.
                      2:puker> gilder is any band bigger than metallica in your country
                      2:gilder> if artist count, madonna, cause he was in finland once
                      2:puker> he
                      2:puker> maledonna
                      2:Sika> whats metallica

Comment

The Shield is fucking awesome.
                        2:Cig Smoke> why u challengin me to a duel
                        2:Cig Smoke> When i clearly am better
                        2:Miksel> becouse you think you great
                        2:Cig Smoke> how many titles have u won
                        2:Cig Smoke> im guessin 0
                        2:Cig Smoke> thdx
                        2:Miksel> elim 3
                        2:Cig Smoke> lol elim
                        2:Morgane> LOL
                        2:Enflame> haha
                        2:Cig Smoke> IM TALKIN ABOUT TWL

Comment

how the fuck is prison break 'slow'
                          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Lost
                            3 seasons so far, 4th starts Feb 08.
                            Great show, gets you thinking/talking about what it's leading to. First series was pretty good, second series starts off slow and not great but improves. Third series was brilliant, especially the second half. Can be a bit confusing.
                            Won't be able to understand what is going on unless you watch the seasons in order.

6 seasons so far, 7th starts Q1 2008. Also a movie planned for 2009.
                            Great action, always full of twists and turns. Each series revolves around Jack Bauer helping stop some sort of terrorist plot, but each season is incredibly different. Also, thank 24 for introducing Elisha Cuthbert to the masses.
                            Should watch all the seasons in order as there are many recurring characters/plots.

Prison Break
                            2 seasons so far, 3rd starts today.
                            Clever show. The premise for the first season is that the main character gets himself put in prison so he can break out his brother who is on death row. I'm only half way through the second season. Finding it a bit slow at the moment but apparently it picks up towards the (apparently incredibly unexpected/somewhat random) end. First season was great.

Firefly
                            1 season + 1 feature film (Serenity).
                            Watched the whole lot in about 3 days, brilliant show. It's kind of a sci-fi/western hybrid. Set aboard a spaceship called Serenity, it follows the crew in their escapades in space. Unfortunately it got axed after 14 episodes, so a few questions remain unanswered, but due to fan demand they made a movie Serenity which adds some sort of conclusion to the saga.
                            Watch them in this order, the air dates were in a slightly different order, but completely messed up the timeline of the series. Watch Serenity after the series.

Those are the ones off the top of my head that I have watched.

Others that I plan to watch:
                            Heroes
                            Jericho
                            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                            ---A few minutes later---
                            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                            9:Kim> UM
                            9:Kim> i didn't
                            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

American office

:death::down:

English office kicks the shit out of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X