• Show
Clear All

stop with the joke posts
    :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

Don't kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
        This would be a perfect day to end NAFTA and the subsidized freight that comes across the U.S. borders.

Am hoping the Canadian currency skyrockets against the Dollar!!! Imagine... manufacturing coming back to the US!
        Ford shut down a plant out in Northern Ontario, they're shutting another one down in Central Ontario just on the outskirts of Toronto. My teachers have been trying to get an interview from someone who works at the plant but no one will speak to CityTV (Toronto's News Station) basically they've all been told to say no comment, probably a wise move when they're cutting back jobs and laying off people like it's going out of fashion. I think they're also trying to buy people out, they're currently offering workers something like $10,000.

I don't think manufacturing is coming back to America or Canada for a very, very long time.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
          It will be like an asymptote, you'll never really make it.
          quoted for truth.

By historical evidence, the US has always found a way out of economic ditches. Me says 2008+ is the turn of tide.
          Celibrate
          XXX is overrated.

Comment

Isn't this bad Canada for too? I thought they were linked to a certain extent?
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
              Isn't this bad Canada for too? I thought they were linked to a certain extent?
              We are, but we also have many diverse industries that we are not solely dependent on the U.S, but we definitely affect each other. Alberta has a lot of oil, the thing is we sell it for a third of the cost and we also give free water along with many other things to the U.S. Basically, we're a stable blooming country that needs to seek outside of Canada for immigrants to meet the demands of jobs in Canada, for every job lost in manufacturing there has been three created all around $20 per hour. The baby boomer's are retiring and there will be plenty of jobs that open up on the job market. Canada has a high drop out rate right now and the thing that really gets to me is kids don't realize that jobs are going to be easy to find with 2-3 years college experience, you don't even need to go to University to find some of these awesome jobs. I'd even argue that going to college makes it easier to get a job, mainly because they have paid co-ops (fuck you kolar) and placements to get you into the business, you see a lot of people coming out of a 2-3 year course with a job. Certain University's don't really give you much help besides giving you resources to help yourself, there's no practical knowledge for the most part. I know so many teenagers that say they'll do a trade or they'll get a factory job, the problem is trade's are going to become highly competitive and factory jobs only pay about $10-15 an hour and you usually kill your body.

Domestic automobiles are slowly being phased out, economically Ford is losing money for keeping and producing as many cars as they currently do. People are getting upset, yet they keep buying Honda's and Toyota's, it doesn't make any sense to be honest. If you want to keep domestic products inside of Canada then you have to keep the market going, you can't boycott domestic products and wonder why there's no jobs.
              Last edited by Cops; 09-20-2007, 01:54 PM.
              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                Ford shut down a plant out in Northern Ontario, they're shutting another one down in Central Ontario just on the outskirts of Toronto. My teachers have been trying to get an interview from someone who works at the plant but no one will speak to CityTV (Toronto's News Station) basically they've all been told to say no comment, probably a wise move when they're cutting back jobs and laying off people like it's going out of fashion. I think they're also trying to buy people out, they're currently offering workers something like $10,000.

I don't think manufacturing is coming back to America or Canada for a very, very long time.
                ITS NEVER LEFT AND NEVER WILL, its called automation, aka robots...

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                  Domestic automobiles are slowly being phased out, economically Ford is losing money for keeping and producing as many cars as they currently do. People are getting upset, yet they keep buying Honda's and Toyota's, it doesn't make any sense to be honest. If you want to keep domestic products inside of Canada then you have to keep the market going, you can't boycott domestic products and wonder why there's no jobs.
                  I am driving a new 07 Ford 500 atthe moment. It's a rental for the day while my car is being inspected.

What a piece of crap this car is. After driving my Honda, as well as my parents Toyota and the many many many leased cars I have driven in the past decade+ Ford makes the biggest piece of crap car I have had the chance to drive. I like their trucks, but if you do a side by side comparison, you can see why someone would rather get the Honda, Nissan or Toyota. The Ford 500 sells for $30,000.00 +/- For that muchmoney the interior is plastic and looks like shit...the drive is hard to say the least. Why would anyone throw money away of a Ford when for the same money you can get a more reliable, better gas mileage car that has more extras than needed for less price.

Ford just doesnt get it and personally they deserve to fade away. They should just specialize in Trucks and the new Mustang. The Ford lot next to my work has too many SUV's and the owner is dying to dump them. The F-150 & 250 do quite well.
                  May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                    ITS NEVER LEFT AND NEVER WILL, its called automation, aka robots...
                    it is called globalisation and childrens work in china

Comment

its official

the CAD passed the USD briefly today before falling back down to nearly equal

Comment

1 USD = 0.998949

jesus

Comment

0.99949 even closer!

Edit: I read this upside down, so really the Canadian $ > United States dollar
                          Now at 1 CA = 1.00045 US
                          Last edited by Hakaku; 09-20-2007, 11:50 PM.
                          Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                          -Buddha

Comment

1.00 Cad

=

0.999887 Usd

Comment

1 cad = 1.00054 USD

ezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

We're fucked, everyone abandon ship.

This just in, you still have to pay more for books.
                                Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X