Xbox 360 User Statstics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
    No, he's boring because he is interested in sales statistics concerning video game consoles.

I might add that this is not really a forum to talk about 'gaming' as such, it's more of a community of people who have a common interest in one game talking about general things.
    What the fuck? Get a life. You can talk about pretty much anything within the rules' limits in this forum. Who are you to say what is allowed to be posted or not? I remember in that other thread with police brutality, you were so adamant with sticking up for the freedom of speech to the point where it didn't matter what the rest of society deems as necessary freedoms, just so long that we've fought hard for this right and well DAMN WE SHOULD USE IT WHENEVER WE COULD WITH NO LIMITATIONS.

Some people on here may own an xb360, or maybe they'd like to purchase one in the near future. It's not like the statistics are a complete farce, and I enjoyed reading it as much as the next person, but apparently you aren't that person. If you don't like the XB360, then post in another thread.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

I don't know, gaming in general has become more and more mainstream in the public community, it's not really the close nit bunch of guys getting together on a scheduled day to play anymore, and with that boost in the gaming population comes a rise on the economy, looking at those stats for sales and the different on-line surveys regarding how many people have come to own a "next-gen" gaming console it's pretty obvious where things are heading in the near future. Information like this is kind of neat when you look at it from the perspective of: In it's own way, gaming has been bringing people from all over the world closer in not only communication but also in common interest, more and more people come home from school or work to get on-line with x-box live or just log in on the computer and play a game like SS, WoW, or even Ever-quest. Although it's kind of off topic, it's pretty cool to think about how gaming can bring a change to culture.

Comment

There are 3 types of games out there.

1.) Hardcore - Gears of War, Command and Conquer, Civilization, Forza Motorsport. They're either simulations or very rigid in it's ways. It won't be for everyone, but there are certain games under this guise that can pull others in. Gears of War, for example, has the chainsaw gun that brought a lot of people in just for it's over-the-top gore with the chainsaw kills.

2.) Casual - Brain Age, Tetris, Super Mario Bros., Wii Sports. These games are very "lite' versions of games that are in the "hardcore" category, or they're games that most anyone can pick up and play because of a real-world aspect. Brain Age is simple and everyone knows how to do math, matching, colours, etc. Wii Sports is a at-home version of some sport games that have you wigging around remotes for fun. Most anyone can pick up and play this and get a kick out of the mechanics.

3.) Moderates - New Super Mario Bros., Need for Speed, Burnout, Street Fighter, Subspace, Madden-like sports. These games generally aren't for the "casual" crowd, but they have mechanics that are easy to learn or pick up on top of the overall "deeper" feeling of the game once you get into it. I'm not saying you'll get your mom to play a round of Burnout with you, but you will see a lot of "non-gaming" guys play Madden. These same guys probably won't go out and pick up Starcraft, but they'll play what's relevant to them.

A study in 1990-something with elementary children showed that Super Mario was more recognizable to them than Mickey Mouse. That's saying something, when a Japanese playing card company can trump Disney in the kids section. Gaming has been here for years, it's just now that demographic that grew up on Mario is having their next generation of gamers.

Gaming is mainstream and we've seen a lot more moderate to casual cames come out over the hardcore. That's not saying there isn't a hardcore market up there, it just means there is a growing casual/moderate market with the advent of the Wii and DS. It's here, it's here to stay, whether someone likes it or not.
        DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
          What the fuck? Get a life. You can talk about pretty much anything within the rules' limits in this forum. Who are you to say what is allowed to be posted or not? I remember in that other thread with police brutality, you were so adamant with sticking up for the freedom of speech to the point where it didn't matter what the rest of society deems as necessary freedoms, just so long that we've fought hard for this right and well DAMN WE SHOULD USE IT WHENEVER WE COULD WITH NO LIMITATIONS.

Some people on here may own an xb360, or maybe they'd like to purchase one in the near future. It's not like the statistics are a complete farce, and I enjoyed reading it as much as the next person, but apparently you aren't that person. If you don't like the XB360, then post in another thread.
          Kim, you are a true leader. That was poetry. :wub:
          Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Working...
          X