Xbox 360 User Statstics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 User Statstics

There is this list that came out from Microsoft regarding the stats of their console, online and offline play, etc. Thought it was pretty interesting.

* More than 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles have sold across the 37 countries where it is currently available. Xbox LIVE is currently available in 25 countries across the globe.

· According to U.S. NPD data, gamers have bought more software for the Xbox 360 (24.3 million units), than software for PS3 and Wii combined (19.8 million units).

* Xbox LIVE has eclipsed the 7 million member milestone and is on track to reach 10 million members by the end of June 2008. In fact, in the last year we've added a new Xbox LIVE member every 8 seconds.

* There are more than 250 games available today on Xbox 360, including 86 Xbox LIVE Arcade games.

* Xbox 360 owners currently have an average of 6.3 games purchased. The highest of any Next-Gen console.

* Xbox LIVE members have spent more than 3.2 billion hours playing games on Xbox LIVE with their friends around the world. That is equal to 137 million days or more than 376,000 years of gaming.

* To date, Xbox 360 owners have unlocked more than 600 million Achievements. All of those unlocked Achievements have created a total combined Gamerscore of more than 14 billion.

* There have been 2.5 billion game sessions hosted since the launch of Xbox 360, with more than 5.6 million hosted each day so far in 2007.

* Xbox LIVE Arcade on the Xbox 360 has nearly 70% of all connected consoles downloading and playing Xbox LIVE Arcade titles.

* Xbox LIVE Marketplace currently offers nearly 200 free trials and demos.

* Xbox 360 continues to lead with the largest library of on-demand high-definition movies and television in the U.S. on-demand market. Twenty-nine movie studios and TV networks continue to provide a growing catalogue of premium high- and standard-definition entertainment content that to date totals 2,800 hours.

* Xbox LIVE Marketplace is now the leading provider of on-demand high-definition content in the U.S., providing more than twice the number of hours as leading cable operators.

* Xbox LIVE Marketplace has a growing catalogue of more than 9,000 pieces of individual gaming and entertainment content, downloadable at the click of a button.

* There have been 290 million downloads of gaming and entertainment content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace

* Xbox LIVE is the largest console online service with 2.6 million IM, text and voice messages sent over the service every day.

* Since Xbox LIVE launched, 3.1 billion games sessions have been hosted on the service.

* The average Xbox LIVE Gold subscriber has 23 friends on their Xbox LIVE friends list.

* More than 1.2 billion cross-game invites have been sent since the launch of Xbox 360.

The top 10 games played over Xbox LIVE worldwide:

1. Halo 2
    2. Gears of War
    3. Hexic HD
    4. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
    5. Call of Duty 3
    6. Call of Duty 2
    7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 3
    8. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    9. Crackdown
    10. PGR3

The top 10 Xbox LIVE Arcade downloads worldwide:

1. Aegis Wing
    2. Uno
    3. Texas Hold 'em
    4. Geometry Wars Retro Evolved
    5. Bankshot Billiards 2
    6. Street Fighter 'II Hyper Fighting
    7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Classic Arcade
    8. Worms
    9. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    10. Contra

The top 10 Xbox LIVE Marketplace Demos downloads worldwide:

1. Crackdown
    2. Lost Planet E3 2006
    3. Dead Rising
    4. BioShock
    5. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
    6. Forza Motorsport 2
    7. Sonic the Hedgehog
    8. Saints Row
    9. Superman Returns
    10. Colin McRae: DIRT
    If anyone has similar PS3 and Wii stats, post em'.
    DELETED

Both the wii and ps3 system launches are considered young when compared to the 360, so the statistics will not be proper until the duration of when it was first launched till now has been met with the duration used to gather these stats for the 360.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

I find it interesting the game Uno is so high up on the Arcade games. That and Halo 2 for multiplayer over Gears.
      DELETED

Comment

Uno is a game everyone can play, and harmless. It's like Sims being the top selling PC game. It just appeals to the non-gamer masses.

The Live Arcade for the next few months is going to be fan-fucking-tastic. Ikaruga, Sensi Soccer, Rez, Every Extend, Speedball 2, Undertow ....
        gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
        gravy_: Electric granny chariots
        gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
          I find it interesting the game Uno is so high up on the Arcade games. That and Halo 2 for multiplayer over Gears.
          LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL are you serious?

1) my brother played the top ranked uno player and called me cursing and whining that he was black. I dont know how this is relevant but i was laughing pretty hard

2) halo 2 is far superior to gears of war, especially in multiplayer...when gears of war gets played in mlg then maybe it will be the most played
          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
            Thought it was pretty interesting.
            I dunno what's more boring: this topic, or your personality.

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation View Post
              The Live Arcade for the next few months is going to be fan-fucking-tastic. Ikaruga, Sensi Soccer, Rez, Every Extend, Speedball 2, Undertow ....
              Rez?? 4 realz?
              Celibrate
              XXX is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
                Both the wii and ps3 system launches are considered young when compared to the 360, so the statistics will not be proper until the duration of when it was first launched till now has been met with the duration used to gather these stats for the 360.
                The wii will surpase 360 sales hardware wise, but as for software (games), accessories ( HDDVD, wireless mic, ect), and online content (xbla + other), that will remain solid on the 360 making Microsoft a popular long term stock investment.

Ps3 has flopped horribly, only MGS 4 will save it.. well only somewhat. Its software and hardware sales have been slugish.

If you believe contrary to this statement, rise, as it's pretty much the truth
                Celibrate
                XXX is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayano View Post
                  Rez?? 4 realz?
                  Rez, in HD no less

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/963/963109.html
                  gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                  gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                  gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

People talk about how the PS3 is just the suck, but need I have to remind you all that the PS2 started out slow as well with ZERO name-brand titles that are associated with the Playstation. In the end, it became the winner amongst the 2nd generation systems.

I think its too soon to count the PS3 out.
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
                      I dunno what's more boring: this topic, or your personality.
                      Yeah, you're boring because you are interested in gaming on a forum dedicated to an online game!
                      I miss you, Dameon.
                      Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Ayano View Post
                        Ps3 has flopped horribly, only MGS 4 will save it.. well only somewhat. Its software and hardware sales have been slugish.
                        XBox Magazine published a piece in their rumor section saying that they got some info from a very reliable source that there is a separate team at Konami working on the 360 version of MGS 4. Now Sony might not even have that little gem all to themselves, it wouldn't surprise me after Rockstar Games pulled that move with GTA 4.
                        (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Xbox v1 had Metal Gear Solid 2 later after the PS2 release. Wouldn't surprise me to see MGS4 on the 360.

Obligatory homosexual sounding response back to Might
                          DELETED

Comment

* Xbox LIVE members have spent more than 3.2 billion hours playing games on Xbox LIVE with their friends around the world. That is equal to 137 million days or more than 376,000 years of gaming.
                            I don't have a x-box 360 nor have I ever played one I think (Displ?) but this was the funniest fact. I wonder how it would be if PC gaming could be calculated like that :P
                            Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                            You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                            There wont be another election for president.
                            Obama is the Omega President.
                            http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                              Yeah, you're boring because you are interested in gaming on a forum dedicated to an online game!
                              I miss you, Dameon.
                              No, he's boring because he is interested in sales statistics concerning video game consoles.

I might add that this is not really a forum to talk about 'gaming' as such, it's more of a community of people who have a common interest in one game talking about general things.

Comment

Working...
                              X