No announcement yet.

This made me cry :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conc, in order for the musicians to be payed by the label in the first place, the label needs to know that it is going to make money. You're right, the record label DOES get most of the money from sales, and artists are paid by the record label, not from the actual selling, but if there isn't anything selling, or nearly as much as it used to be before, then there goes funding to the artist in the first place.

Think of it like Taxes, we don't pay money directly to, let's say Schools, however in taxes, the money first goes to the government, and then an amount of that goes to schools. When they cut taxes down, the amount of money that goes to schools goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!! Fat Wreck Chords
      I don't think Fat Wreck is really as independent, or, well, indie-minded, as they claim. I mean, maybe it's just me, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Fat Mike is rich as balls. Also, who distributes their records? They're fucking easy as hell to find in any Best Buy or whatever, and sometimes I even see their records in Best Buy/Circuit City ads. I find it hard to believe that they'd get that kind of distribution from a truly indie distributor. Plus, really, at this stage in the game, the majority of their roster are washed up bands of 35-40-year olds. I'll always love Lagwagon's old albums and SuburbanTeenageWastelandBlues by Strung Out, but, really, is the new No Use For A Name album really at all relevant? Was No Use For A Name ever really relevant or important? They're touring with Sum 41, for Christ's sake. That's not punk rock. Adam <ER>, come to defend your position. Also, tell the world how New Found Glory isn't chick music.

Originally posted by someone
      Conc, in order for the musicians to be payed by the label in the first place, the label needs to know that it is going to make money. You're right, the record label DOES get most of the money from sales, and artists are paid by the record label, not from the actual selling, but if there isn't anything selling, or nearly as much as it used to be before, then there goes funding to the artist in the first place.
      This doesn't explain or excuse the other actions of the record industry that show that the industry doesn't give a rat's ass about the artists, or even music in general. And why the hell shouldn't the record label take the risk? It's not like other businesses hire people and say, "Well, we'll only pay you once you work long enough that we'll be absolutely certain that you're going to do a good job." Fuck Clear Channel.

I cannot get the quoting right. I quit.
      Last edited by Facetious; 03-21-2003, 04:56 PM.
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about why free music online, BECAUSE of the fact that the record label doesn't give a rat's ass about them, and they give even a less of a rat's ass when they're not getting the sales that they had before.

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
          I don't think Fat Wreck is really as independent, or, well, indie-minded, as they claim. I mean, maybe it's just me, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Fat Mike is rich as balls. Also, who distributes their records? They're fucking easy as hell to find in any Best Buy or whatever, and sometimes I even see their records in Best Buy/Circuit City ads. I find it hard to believe that they'd get that kind of distribution from a truly indie distributor. Plus, really, at this stage in the game, the majority of their roster are washed up bands of 35-40-year olds. I'll always love Lagwagon's old albums and SuburbanTeenageWastelandBlues by Strung Out, but, really, is the new No Use For A Name album really at all relevant? Was No Use For A Name ever really relevant or important? They're touring with Sum 41, for Christ's sake. That's not punk rock. Adam <ER>, come to defend your position. Also, tell the world how New Found Glory isn't chick music.
          I dont subscribe to the whole 'music industry is killing proper talented bands' thing. If its good music, ill listen to it. All the same it does piss me off how they exploit fuckable 19 year olds and the musicians dont get a look in. That last sentence could be interpreted in two ways. NOFX are in their mid-30's, so what? Their music still owns and what do you mean NUFAN's last CD wasnt relevant? Relevant to the Iraqi crisis? Probably not. Relevant to my CD collection? Yes, it's still in the car.
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
            Man, I cant wait for this war on terrorism to be over so there will be no more terrorism!!!! Just like how we had that war on drugs, and you know how we can't buy drugs anymore!!
            Dude there will always be terrorism. just if we win this war doesn't mean it will stop dead in its tracks. But I do agree this war on terrorism is bs.
            Erathia> If you're going to lie please, look into it, staff isn't stupid

Comment

If that made you cry, i hope you are a 50 year old woman who is alone and has never had sex.

If you are a female inbetween the ages 12-23
              or Male inbetween the ages 12-23

I pity you, please kill yourself.

Comment

Just to fill in my post quota for the month:

1. euKi, sarcasm clearly is not one of your strongpoints.

2. Mutillation, can I hate your life for you? Thanks!

I love you all (in the professional, platonic, non-sexual way...)
                Reclusion
                "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                  Their music still owns and what do you mean NUFAN's last CD wasnt relevant? Relevant to the Iraqi crisis? Probably not. Relevant to my CD collection? Yes, it's still in the car.
                  I meant that it sucks. Like, pop punk has been done and overdone, and now everything that comes out is ridiculously stale. Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables? Groundbreaking, entertaining, raw, great. Still relevant. Hard Rock Bottom? Shitty, monotonous, dull. Not relevant.
                  5:gen> man
                  5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

I got a burned CD. I'm gonna go bomb something :x
                    Discussing on internet is like paralympics.
                    Even if you win you're still retarded

Comment

They're touring with Sum 41, for Christ's sake. That's not punk rock. Adam <ER>, come to defend your position. Also, tell the world how New Found Glory isn't chick music.

LIES
                      NFG OWNS YOU
                      BOWBOW*!@(!&@*!(&#

rawr
                      Volcs> !sex
                      Volcs> WTF WHY WONT IT WORK
                      Volcs> FUCK ME!! !SEX!SEX
                      Volcs> !sex!sex!sex!
                      Volcs> !sex on
                      Volcs> !fuckyou

Comment

who the fuck is mutiilition or whatever its name is?
                        7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                        1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                        8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                        Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                        Piston> I own in belim
                        6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Working...
                        X