No announcement yet.

USA court states torture is expected, prisoners are not 'persons'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry to say Conc, but point to point rebuttal is getting you nowhere when you are talking with the lower-tier members of our community.
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd View Post
      They're not perfect, by any means. The government has begun to track people regardless of any actual offense.
      “Government’s Proposed Cyber Security Policy Would Police All Internet Activity”

Appearing only in the print version of the New Yorker magazine on January 13 is Lawrence Wright’s six-months-in-the-making, 15,000-word article profiling Director of National Intelligence Mike McConnell. Featured prominently in the article and catching the eye of several journalists is a description of McConnell’s development of a so-called cyber security policy. Basically, McConnell wants to funnel everything that happens online through the NSA, eviscerating online privacy and the Fourth Amendment in the process.
      McConnell said that privacy will have to take a back seat in the name of security. He insists that he simply must have the ability to read all information crisscrossing the United States on the Internet in order to “protect” the United States from “abuse.” Is there a fine line as to which side is abusive?

Your not off base at all Concrete!
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
        a few things...

no one here knows anything about these suspected terrorists...it isnt your job to determine whether or not they were 'clearly' not. You are just talking out of your ass. Our gov't is very good at gathering intelligence. If the trained professionals say someone was a suspect I think I'll believe them over an uneducated 17 year old on some internet forums (here come the "well i have my high school diploma and I watch fox news" comments).

Theres no problem with the tazer, and it doesnt concern anyone here, unless you plan on lashing out against the police and just dont want it used against you. Dont act like a jackass and the popo wont have to restrain you. Its safest for the officers to use the tazer.

Dont try to compare norway to america...we arent equals seeing as how we're the ones fixing the fucking world and youre sitting on youre ass whning about dumb shit
        If you aren't too busy fixing the world can you consult your intelligence gatherers on where all those weapons of mass destruction went and where osama is?

oh and BY THE WAY, check up on the people who were released from Guantanamo after being tortured for over a year and are now sueing the US Gov. Guess you;re wrong, we do arrest innocent people. That's why we say you are innocent until proven guilty, not until one intelligence officer suspects you. That's why we don't torture people, because as human beings, we are always capable of being wrong.

Here's one
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3241265.stm

British citizens:
        http://www.boston.com/news/nation/wa...eld_10_others/

And another:
        http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/0...ld-070323.html

Just type in sue guantanamo and you can spend all day looking up people were arrested, treated and tortured as though they were terrorists, and finally released with no charges. I bet the stories they go home to tell do much to fix the world.
        Last edited by Vatican Assassin; 01-29-2008, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
          If you aren't too busy fixing the world can you consult your intelligence gatherers on where all those weapons of mass destruction went and where osama is?
          (CNN) Agent: Hussein was surprised U.S. invaded

Comment

If I ever got held in guantanamo bay for any reason, when I came out I'd be sure to say I was tortured no matter what happened to me, just because I could sue and a bunch of douche bags would believe me...am I saying its never happened before? No, but I'm saying it hasnt happened that much and if you want to believe people who have something to gain by lying go ahead. Are there actually any facts to base these claims or is it just people saying it?
            OBama/Biden 08

Comment

the fact that they were abducted and held without trial for years is not in dispute, if you want to think that they had a good time thats up to you

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
                If I ever got held in guantanamo bay for any reason, when I came out I'd be sure to say I was tortured no matter what happened to me, just because I could sue and a bunch of douche bags would believe me...am I saying its never happened before? No, but I'm saying it hasnt happened that much and if you want to believe people who have something to gain by lying go ahead. Are there actually any facts to base these claims or is it just people saying it?
                Well we can't help it that you are a liar and a fraud. And you would twist the facts -and reality- for your own gain.

And I wonder if you read the initial post, where it's said that torture is to be expected in places like Guantanama Bay.
                So on one end you are saying that those people are lesser people and need to be tortured because they aren't great American citizens, who of course would never get in that sort of problems. On the other end you are saying they were never tortured at all.
                How can you fix the world for better if your values are way off?
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Radio active glow in the dark glass, babay

Yeah, all that 'suspects of intertest' is fishie. Hard to say what is best, round up a huge number of people that might attack you hoping to avoid attacks. Or only detain people you know absolutely beyond a doubt you can bring a court case against.

If you go the detain everyone route you create more enemies from the innocent detainees and their family and friends.

A better idea is to send out under cover people into the middle east. Have them go around taking a "death to american infidels" census. The enumerators (thats what the door to door census people are called, i know, i was one) go to every person and say, 'death to American infidels' and if they respond with, "ahla la ala la la la la alla, yes death to america" with wild fist pumps in the air, then they go on the "not nice" list.

If they say something like, "well i think there's a bigger discussion that needs to take place b/c not everyone in America is truely an infidel and maybe they don't all deserve to die a thousands deaths by getting licked silly by a camel named Abdulla who has a razor blade tied its tounge." They get put on the "they might be okay list".

Then one night the UN moves several, well it'd probably be about 12 special force people into the middle east to collect the people on the "they might be okay list" and evac them out of the M.E. and to safety.

Then the rest of the world drops a few nukes in there, and wha-laa, the desert of the M.E. turns to radioactive glass that glows in the dark.

I form a glass company and go in there and harvest radio active glow in the dark glass and sell it as glass glow sticks to kids for ravs doing that new flying super-running man dance thing. When all of them die we jsut blame it on E. perfect plan.

Excellent. (enter evil Mr. Burns laugh/cackle)

So with this plan magically 97.3% of terrorist attacks end over night. AND most of the problems the world argues over also disappears. I mean, who are the Republican Hawks gonna invade then if the Middle East is wiped out? Well, there's also Korea, and Africa, but I think everyone can agree those poor bastards in Africa need some help. That however might be more of a "peace keeping" mission rather than an invasion. China has potential for an invasion, but they are America's friend now, not much to worry about there.

Who else could be an enemy? Maybe we could bully some South American countries or Mexico.:fear: Hmmmmm, I think those people in Iceland said their ice doesn't stink and it's better than American ice. That'd be good, we need a wat we can use the navy. Watch out Iceland, you bastards, we're on the march. :fear:
                  I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

Comment

The question isnt how I plan on making the world a better place with my values, seeing as how im currently doing it. The question is how do YOU plan on making the world a better place with your values when you sit at a computer all day.

our government strangely enough has nothing to gain by taking random people and torturing them for years with no provocation. If you want to believe thats what theyre doing feel free...but it wont stop them from doing it in the future. Checkmate buddy
                    OBama/Biden 08

Comment

to further clarify the situation with my friend being tazered, there were 2 officers at his side and my friend was sleeping. the officers screamed at him to wake up and he rolled around and mumbled some obscenities, very lightly flailing his arms and telling them to go away - in his sleep expecting his friends to be trying to wake him up. he easily could've been wrestled to the ground and handcuffed had he been truly resisting, but the police officers instead chose to brutalize him as he was being forced to wake up after passing out drunk & unconscious. he did not resist the officers in any way, but he was tazered simply because he touched one of them. the first thing he remembers is begging for them to stop tazing him, wherein they tazed him one more time for good measure, and charged him with assaulting a police officer on top of it all, for which he spent time in jail.
                      Praise "Bob"

la música

Comment

Working...
                      X