Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the worst Best Buy experiences I've read in a while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrMaMaIsFuNnY2K View Post
    Just like I will show up to your house if you give me your address. Thx
    Storgata 23 (at Hvits plats)
    3210 Sandefjord
    Norway

I'll be waiting

Comment

Originally posted by Emaho View Post
      Storgata 23 (at Hvits plats)
      3210 Sandefjord
      Norway

I'll be waiting
      After I'm done in Milan I'll make a quick detour there before heading back to the United States.

Comment

HILLARY CLINTON SUPPORTS VIDEO GAME LEGISLATURE OR W/E DONT VOTE FOR HER!f

Comment

Here is the story from the cashier...

"This geeky 16 year-old looking kid is in line staring at my boobs like he has never seen a pair. He just stands there without saying a thing, 15 people are waiting behind him. Finally he says “hi”. Since I see that he is buying a ‘M’ rated video game and the store has told me that if I sell this to a underage kid I will lose my job, I ask him for his ID. He started to aggressively hit on me and waste additional time, pissing off all the people waiting in line behind him.
          Fearing that he was some kind of stalker, I asked him to wait while I got the manager. The manager was on the phone and told me that if I sold a ‘M’ rated game to a minor he would fire me. Returning to the register booth, this guy starts asking about the color of my panties and if he could check them out. When I told him ‘no’, he started freaking out. He told me he was 21 and in college. I had to repeatedly turn down his advances until he got even more pissed.
          The manager finally came out to handle this guy. The guy was so pissed by this time that he started screaming and looking for any little detail to complain about. We had had enough and told him to leave the store and go shop somewhere else."

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
            Here is the story from the cashier...

"This geeky 16 year-old looking kid is in line staring at my boobs like he has never seen a pair. He just stands there without saying a thing, 15 people are waiting behind him. Finally he says “hi”. Since I see that he is buying a ‘M’ rated video game and the store has told me that if I sell this to a underage kid I will lose my job, I ask him for his ID. He started to aggressively hit on me and waste additional time, pissing off all the people waiting in line behind him.
            Fearing that he was some kind of stalker, I asked him to wait while I got the manager. The manager was on the phone and told me that if I sold a ‘M’ rated game to a minor he would fire me. Returning to the register booth, this guy starts asking about the color of my panties and if he could check them out. When I told him ‘no’, he started freaking out. He told me he was 21 and in college. I had to repeatedly turn down his advances until he got even more pissed.
            The manager finally came out to handle this guy. The guy was so pissed by this time that he started screaming and looking for any little detail to complain about. We had had enough and told him to leave the store and go shop somewhere else."
            LOL Nice one.

Comment

And they wonder why people download stuff instead of buying it.
              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I understand the guys point of view. She shouldn't have made such a scene. What he failed to understand is how strict the ATF with it's guide lines. When it comes selling anything illegal products to minors they are real pricks. I don't think the The ATF controls sales of video games but, it's the same premise as selling tobacco or acholol to minors.

At one place I bartended (Olive Garden) they sent someone who was 20 years and 10 months old, they carded him but, didn't bother to look at month, both bartenders were arrested as well as the Manager(thank God I was off that day). This situation was a lose/lose. He should have known that you can't merchants can't second hand sell products when a minor is present.
                OBama/Biden 08

Comment

in retail, the customer is paying you to do your job and be polite while doing so.

refuse to do things you are not allowed to do, but be polite while doing it.

thats all

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post
                    Well, I can understand the cashiers point.. IN THEORY. as a 7-11 manager, We sell cigarettes. It is illegal to sell cigarettes or accessories in second hand sale. The person who buys it wont get fined, but the person who sells it will. For selling cigarettes to a minor via second hand sales in canada for a 7-11 worker, it is a $5,000.00 fine, FOR the person. and a $50,000.00 fine for the company. Plus the worker gets a criminal record. Loses thier job....not a fun situation.

I may not know the full situation in the states in regards to breaking age restrictions for video games, but it would be logical to assume there is a fine for the store. That is how the government works. So I can understand why they did what they did.

From the viewpoint given, they (the best buy cashier) saw the 'giftcards' be given from the minor to the adult. They have no prior viewpoint of ownership.
                    Considering the fact that they have probably heard the excuse 'Its MY money/giftcard/ect' many times (I hear this at least twice a day.) And the information they have. They could only assume.

I do sympathise with this fellow. And I agree the way the situation was handled could have been dealt with better. But the decision to not sell was correct.
                    It's not illegal. It's a voluntary system that the merchants subscribed to and is run independently, NOT by the government.
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

I worked at Best Buy and even though we employed the most useless people ever I have never, ever seen someone impose a bag on someone. Plastic bags are bad for the environment, case and point. If i don't want one, I'm not taking one.

Seasonal Workers - are the most abused workers, half of them fight to actually get a job with the company after Christmas time but of the 15 people that were hired in my department not one of us was given a job after Christmas. It's complete bullshit, the hours sucked and were never steady, they expected you to show up on Sunday mornings at 8am to sit around with everyone that worked in the store and talk about things we need to work on and things we've done well. What they needed to work on is realizing that forcing us to come in for 2 hours every other Sunday is not only illegal (you need to be scheduled for at least 3 hours in Canada) it's just really, really mean.

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                      ive been trolling in my local bestbuy waiting to speak to a car audio guy for three days

goddamnit why are they never around
                      basically they can get away with murder, try and be-friend one of them, there's a big mark up price on car speakers so if you get a friend to hook you up you'll only pay cost + 10%.
                      Last edited by Cops; 01-16-2008, 12:30 AM.
                      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                      X