"Endorse" what does it mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Endorse" what does it mean?

Okey, we are not talking about the dictionary meaning of 'endorse'. I know what that is. But my question is, when they say on the newspaper 'oprah endorses obama', 'Schwarzenegger set to endorse McCain', 'Kennedy endorses Obama', what kind of endorsement do they mean?

I do not want keep it secretive that I hope the formal first lady Hillary Clinton wins. Sure she could be a hypocrite, but she does have the experience to back up some of her claims.

Obama is ambitious and I do think he believes in what he says. But whether he could deliver what he promises is another story.

Oprah is very talented and a good talk show host, that's why I used to like her. But she's also such whore, if some semi good looking, successful guy even smile at her, she would totally sale herself and everything around her for him. Just read about her past relationship stories. I couldn't help but say she is pathetic when around 'outstanding' men (and some of them weren't even that outstanding).

I seriously suspect that McCain is a nationalist. Nationalists tend to almost always make things worse, just look at Hitler.

And trust me you do not want endorsement from Kennedy, that family has been cursed for multiple decades, and most probably still is and will be. I wonder when they will die out and bring everything close with them.

So back to the topic, what does it mean when a presidential condidate is been endorsed by someone else?
    ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

I endorse rape on mindless asian whores that should be banned from the internet.
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

It means "If you like me, you'll like this person, vote for them, I will."
      DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by T3l Ca7 View Post
        I do not want keep it secretive that I hope the formal first lady Hillary Clinton wins. Sure she could be a hypocrite, but she does have the experience to back up some of her claims.

And trust me you do not want endorsement from Kennedy, that family has been cursed for multiple decades, and most probably still is and will be. I wonder when they will die out and bring everything close with them.
        Nothing worse than someone talking American politics that has no clue.

Hillary? Please, since you know so much and can make the claim that she has experience, please ellaborate on this, as I would enjoy knowing something I may not.

Hmmm...your take on the Kennedy family. Please tell me why you dislike Ted Kennedy? Kennedy has done more to spearhead legislation in favor of the people and especially minorities and womens rites than most any other elected official in the U.S. history. Regardless of the media b.s. that has a grey cloud overthe Kennedy name, I am perplexed at your comments regarding such matters.

Making such statements as you have, I would hope you could tell me all about the corruption and poor politics that allowed Howard to run Australia while taking it up the ass by Bush. What's your opinion on Rudd?

I like Australia, but I do not go out on a limb making ridiculous comments on who runs your country and or who was running in an election.

You didn't live in the U.S. during Clinton in the 90's, so you have no clue as to the backhanded dealings that transpired.

I really want to know all about Hillary's experience though. Seems as if you know something most in this world do not!
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

TEXT

I seriously suspect that McCain is a nationalist. Nationalists tend to almost always make things worse, just look at Hitler.

TEXT
          Godwin's law anyone -_- , and in the OP no less
          "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

404 - what will you do if mccain gets elected?

here's my dilemna - if i live here it's going to suck, but if i move, there's a chance that where-ever i live, mccain will nuke it. so my two choices are either living in continuous fear and misery, or watching my loved ones turn into glowing, radioactive goo.

suggestions?
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
              404 - what will you do if mccain gets elected?

here's my dilemna - if i live here it's going to suck, but if i move, there's a chance that where-ever i live, mccain will nuke it. so my two choices are either living in continuous fear and misery, or watching my loved ones turn into glowing, radioactive goo.

suggestions?
              Get out the VOTE...make people aware of McCain and who he has dealing with, not to leave out his political agenda.

I am no Romney fan, but I would rather Mitt be elected than McCain...even nominated as the GOP candidate. McCain is running on the claims of his experience. In the years he has been in office what has he really done that has made a significant change? I can't think of anything other than a possible hotel meeting under the sheets with Joe Lieberman.

If the economy takes another turn for the worse, Romney can at least talk of this issue with the backing of his experience outside of politics in noting his success in being that of a business man. McCain has no outside experience in running a business; oddly enough Bush has more experience than McCain. Not that Bush started any successful businesses or made any a success either.

McCain can only talk of military strength. His views on the economy are dismal to say the least.

I am not registered with any party and am an independent. If I had to vote between Hillary and Romney in an election, I would go with Mitt. Obama vs. anyone else...Obama.

McCain will really scare the hell out of everyone if nominated when he picks his running mate.

There is so much time and possible events that can sway this election to either parties favor. Don't count out the factor of the idiots in the House and Senate, none other than Pelosi and Reid. They should be poster children for KY jelly and taking it up the ass!

Comment

Obama is ambitious and I do think he believes in what he says. But whether he could deliver what he promises is another story.
                Oh really? Please tell me the story then.
                Astute observation. And to think that all it took to lift the veil was a mentally deficient Chinese programmer that lives in Australia.
                So back to the topic, what does it mean when a presidential condidate is been endorsed by someone else?
                It means exactly that. I hate to be circular but from your post it seems you've clearly already looked up "endorse" and decided that the definition, for some reason, is inadequate.

Comment

Endorse means exactly what the dictionary says it means, even in the newspaper.

Ted Kennedy hates wind power boo.

And Obama is a great guy, but has virtually identical policies to Hilary. I say virtually identical, but Hilary's policies are just a bit better thought out (foreign policy, health care, etc.) so based on that I'd say Hilary. If either of them really got up and did enough about the environment and got Al Gore's endorsement, I'd say you Americans should vote for that person immediately.
                  Last edited by Epinephrine; 01-31-2008, 01:47 PM.
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

i can talk out of my backside too

you like hilary because you think she doesnt have a penis. thats why most women like her. though im fairly certain shes hiding a python beneath them skirts

mccain = man-chew-rean candy-date

and obama possesses dark skin

i dontknow about you guys, but i always tend to endorse whoever comes up with the next snazzy claim that sounds neat

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Hillary's problem stem from her past mishandling of policy as well as comments and corruption that is very similar to Bush itself.

Obama is at least not plagued by this.

People forget all too fast about the Clinton's:
                      • Clinton voted to Invade Iraq and never read the pre-war intelligence as she felt other people in her staff would advise her. That's a great hands on way to be a political leader.
                      • Senator Clinton has refused to support the international treaty to ban land mines, which are responsible for killing and maiming thousands of civilians worldwide, a disproportionate percentage of whom have been children.
                      • She was also among a minority of Democratic Senators to side with the Republican majority last year in voting down a Democratic-sponsored resolution restricting U.S. exports of cluster bombs to countries that use them against civilian-populated areas.
                      • Senator Clinton also has a record of dismissing reports by human rights monitors that highlight large-scale attacks against civilians by allied governments.
                      • In Senator Clinton's world view, if a country is considered an important strategic ally of the United States, any charges of human rights abuses – no matter how strong the evidence – must be summarily dismissed.
                      I have a ton of these, as I have been writing for a political blog site for years. I can go on and on about Hillary, even to the backhanded bullshit she pulled in Bills 1st term as Pres, when she was spearheading public health plans.

The following notes what transpired upon questioning of this supposed National Health Care and Hillary's respons to certain questions:
                      In 1994, [HRC] set out to redesign the American health-care system and convened a panel that drafted its plan secretly -- in violation of federal law . . . The plan prescribed some eye- popping maximum fines: $5,000 for refusing to join the government- mandated health plan; $5,000 for failing to pay premiums on time; 15 years to doctors who received "anything of value" in exchange for helping patients short-circuit the bureaucracy; $10,000 a day for faulty physician paperwork; $50,000 for unauthorized patient treatment; and $100,000 a day for drug companies that messed up federal filings . . . When told the plan could bankrupt small businesses, Mrs. Clinton sighed, "I can't be responsible for every undercapitalized small business in America." When a woman complained that she didn't want to get shoved into a plan not of her choosing, the first lady lectured, "It's time to put the common good, the national interest, ahead of individuals." As for privacy, forget it: Her plan would have required people to carry national identification cards that embedded confidential patient information on computer chips.
                      Obama and Hillary may have similar views on policies, however I do not feel that Obama will abuse the office as much as Hillary has, even when she was only the 1st lady!

Lastly, I would suggest a read of an article that came out in the press today of which was a Bill Clinton action that leaves one feeling that this guy could care less about this country and only cares about his wallet. F' the people!

Huge Kazakh deal follows financier’s trip with Clinton, precedes donation

Hillary to me does not stand for change but her own personal agenda and money making plots.

Comment

It sucks, because I just can't agree with the Democrats on the fundamental level of their views on the welfare state. It's not like it matters, like any of the candidates actually have views one way or the other on the issue of the state, and even for the Republicans it seems like noone really gives a damn about small government, which used to be one of the classic Republican planks. And I mean, really give a damn. Romney likes to use "the free market" as solutions to alot of things (like when debating Hillarycare), but he also talks about how he would, literally, "run the economy". Come to think of it, I've heard a few candidates use the phrase "running the economy", which infuriates me.

For me, it seems like all the candidates disagree on stupid, relatively inconsequential bullshit. But on the issues that really matter, they're all more or less the same, they just use different words to make each of their policies seem different. So, sadly, on the eve of perhaps one of the more important elections of our time, I have been reduced to something I always hated - I'm going to vote based on who I like most as a person, and that's that. McCain is pure fucking evil, Hillary's presence lowers the surrounding air temperature by about 5-6 degrees - but even a cold soul is more desirable, to me, than the man with no soul, Mitt Romney, who has said so much yet conveyed so little. Based on that I'd have to vote for Obama... but I did vote for Paul in the primaries, so in 3 years I'll get to say "i didn't ask for this"
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

hillary has no experience, she was a fucking first lady not the president, and technically if she DOES have experience as a president then her and her husband are finding a way to break the rules and run for a 3rd term.

Obama isnt experienced at all but at least hes fresh. Hes has the John F Kennedy appeal, thats why I think people will ultimately vote for him on the democratic side.

Mccain will only lose because of his past stance on immigration. Conservative republicans wont vote for him because of this. Mccain tried to pass a bill to let illegal immigrants vote... which is very bad for the republican party. Which party, democrat or republican, do you think the poor immigration class will vote for given the chance? Exactly

All in all if its obama ill crinch a little bit because of his inexperience, but I will be happy that Hillary the bloodsucking whore didn't win. If Mccain wins then I will be somewhat happy too, only because I know he changed his mind on immigration, if only because he let the mob decide his opinions.

so obama and mccain hopefully for frontrunners
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                            I endorse rape on mindless asian whores that should be banned from the internet.
                            Hi Geio.

Comment

use google bitch

Comment

Working...
                              X