Beat Mania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat Mania

Are there any peeps in the subspace community that play this great game? If any of you have seen the DJ game in the arcades, this is what i am talking about; you get a 5-key keyboard and spin disk to mix to some sweet tunes. Anyways, this game was later adapted by some Korean later on, and is now freeware for download. I happen to have this game, and if any of you have it, can you tell me some titles for some good songs are? Tell me ones that are doable, so i'm talking five to six star range (i'm nu ) . Also, tell me some difficult rating songs you were able to complete also. I've managed to complete Beethoven Virus NORMAL, Breeze HARD, Kanon NORMAL, Zang-ga-chi NORMAL, and House Cat NORMAL, to name some of my favorites.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Do it the real way

Comment

Please dont post anything constructive or sensible on the TW forums.
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Got beatmania for PSX.. very good fun. Link me to a download or something.. that you were talking about. Also fun is 'Guitar freaks', 'Parappa the rapper 2' and a lot of others

Comment

another good one is "brittney spears dance" or some shit like that, very amusing for ps2
          Dsin> moi
          Kian> moi
          Dsin> wanna hear good news kian?
          Kian> I GOT MY LICENSE TODAY
          Kian> ok ur turn

Comment

I may be mistaken, but some of you may be mistaken that Beat Mania, was indeed started on playstation, but a person has changed it into a Computer program so ppl without a PS can enjoy its fun

Anyways, the link to the software, w/o the songs

Beat Mania

Here are some songs to get you started out. Most of these files are found in weird zip formats, but most of them are either your standard winzip or an auto-exec where u double-click and it auto unzips for you. Just smack em together into one folder and you're set.

Link to some songs:
            (Btw, when a song file has two parts for download, you need them both to play, so download both into the same folder to avoid confusion)

One
            Two
            Three

If i see some ppl that actually play this game, or are suddenly interested and want some good songs, ill post some links to those later.

This game is not good if you have no patience or room for acceptance to a new game. It does help if you have a certain degree of hand eye coordination, but this is after all a game, and all games can be mastered through time. Just play the easier ones first.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

ty for the thread

Yah I know it was a PC program because you said you downloaded it. I just went on about the other PSX stuff because that's all I know.

I'm finding it much harder on the keyboard than a PSX joypad but it is still basically a perfect beatmania game. Have you tried the DDR game available for download on that link you gave me? If so, is it any good?

Comment

the DDR game on that site is horrible (at least to my knowledge). Both me and my best friend have tried it on our separate comps, and on numerous occasions have we found that the sound was disoperational. Bugs like these can sometimes occur according to a comp's specific configs, but if you're lucky you may get a break and the game will work. I've downloaded so many songs for DDR but none of them have worked for me The graphics are good, and with operational music, i'd say it would be as good as BM. HOwever, it is already awkward to play a DJ game on a keyboard, so playing an actual Dancing game on keyboard would be even more awkward :/
                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                X