Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Does anyone have a clue how I can get music from an oldschool C-cassette to a cd/dvd/mp3?

thanks for the image maverick!
    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
    There wont be another election for president.
    Obama is the Omega President.
    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Since it is analog there is no 100% conversion possibility.
    Easiest way is to mic the tapedeck and record on your pc, then convert to mp3.
    You might also eliminate the background noise by making a cable that goes straight from the headphones out on the tapedeck to the mic in on your pc (if you want you don't even need to solder, just connect the wires of an old mic plug and an old headset plug)
    "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Do you have anything at all that can play the cassette?

If you do, use some good speakers, and record it through a good microphone. I'm not aware of anything that has something that lets you transfer music directly from you cassette to another format.

Also, we are in the year two thousand and fucking eight, if you weren't busy sodomizing just about anything you'd know that.

Edit: Fuck you for beating me, singularityfag.
      Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

being old school myself i had a seperates hi-fi system with a good quality cassete deck running into an amp. if you had one of them you should be ably to out put that into your line in in your soundcard reducing the speaker / mic loss in quality

you should also have dolby noise reduction b,c or s if it's a decent deck to reduce that hiss

anyhow you can edit these into tracks using http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ and encode to mp3 with the LAME plugin

i r pretty sure

still line in > than mic from playing it on speaker
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

very easy to do, depending on what you have available.

You could, if you have an HHB standalone CD burner, plug a cassette player directly to the RCA inputs in the back and simply index the tracks as they record.

Or if you have a Creative Soundcard, use the Audo input mini jack and run a cassette deck into that using the line input to your soundards mixer or just use the notorious creative setting "record what you hear". Take it a step further, if you have nero & a creative card simply record to the wav editor.

For those that have a frontside Audigy or an older Live drive, you can plug directly into the RCA inputs there.

It really is a simple process, but it depends on what your computer has for a soundcard or if you know anyone with an old stand alone audio CD recorder.
          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Get the sound over to your general digital computation device, then: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Comment

Eh.. since you mentioned it's music that's on the cassette, why not just search the song u got on ur cassette on the internet? Have you've heard of this place "the Internet", Da1? It's really cool, and gonna blow your mind once you find your way around it. Here, I'll help getting you started, go to >> google.com <<. Here you can search for basically anything!! Even illegal sites where you can download music instead of paying your hard earned cash for it! If you need any help finding the songs you want, you can reach me in game, well apart from the fact that I'm hardly ever online, or on MSN, where I'm also hardly ever online. Good luck on your journey!

Or follow the "very easy" method 404 proposed of which I understand absolute zero, since it seems to involve cables and stuff...

ps. If it's actually you singing on that cassette, it's maybe better for all if it never reaches the Internet! The Internet might die.

Comment

thanks guys

and for bram, as I said it's old-school - both in format AND artist-wise. The songs do not exist on the internet, and not a single library has the songs either. And no, it's not me singing.

BRAM__Ashlee, every now and then you let me down by your sheer stupidity
                Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                There wont be another election for president.
                Obama is the Omega President.
                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

I thought this would be something like Da1> Help! im gay.. or atleast something about your drinking problem, Im disappointed.
                  (Paradise)>dj sage
                  (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
                  1: Dynasty> LOL
                  1:vue> LOL
                  1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

Working...
                  X