I caucused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I caucused.

I caucused and it sucked. Two hours of misdirection and standing on my feet. But I'm an alternate delegate for Obama.

Come on Texas, FFS.
    Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Big Cities in TX and OH went for Obama, and the Hayseed districts went for Shrillary.

Was interesting to see the vote results in these States counties.

Nothing worth talking about when it comes to elections and OH.

Obama was winning the TX caucus and lost the TX primary. Odd to say the least. Still waiting on the cuacus result...cant figure that one out.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

this puppet theater will end in obama and clinton joining the same ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
        this puppet theater will end in obama and clinton joining the same ticket.
        Hillary needs Obama more than Obama needing Hillary.

Polls I have read note 40% of registered [EDIT: Male] Dem.s 30 - 50 will vote GOP for McCain if Hillary is nominated with an error of 3.4%

This was done in the beginning of January when I read that.

I in fact I will vote for McCain if Shrillary is nominated. In fact the only way Shrill can win is if the Super Delegates give her their votes, like that scumbag Ed Rendell who should be in jail. PA will be a weird State for this primary.

Don't forget that louse Edwards. The guy that was for the common man and the poor. Whatever happened to his endorsement? He reminds me of a young Nader. Look for him to come out of the woodwork in another 4 years with that same $400 haircut. He is another political creep in the pool of scum.

Ahhh...that felt better
        Last edited by 404 Not Found; 03-05-2008, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I'm actually kind of hoping Hilary wins the Democratic nomination. Obama voters don't tow the party line and are really only loyal to Obama himself. There will be a lot of outraged Americans if their choice on the ballot is between Hildog and McCain.

This would leave open the possibility of Obama leaving the Democratic party to run as a 3rd party candidate. Naturally, some representatives and senators would have to go with him (or see themselves be replaced by voters who elected Obama only to have the nomination snatched away), and could mean a major split in the Democratic party. There'd be the old dinosaurs that owe their position to ol' Whistlin Willie, and the neo-liberals who're siding with Obama. Add to the fact that recent polls indicated that Obama could beat McCain in the general by almost 10 points, while Hilary was shown to lose by almost 5%.

I don't have anything against the Democratic party, or even Hilary Clinton, aside from the fact that I don't like her: opinions, face, husband's legacy, tactics, and intentions for courting the White House...I'm just tired of this country's history being mostly partisan.
          Originally posted by Tone
          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

If I had to choice between Hilldog or McCain I'd take McCain. Why don't they just realize Hillary can't win against McCain and the best hope is Obama, this is ridiculous.
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Hillary seems to use ridiculous tactics to win votes (maybe Obama has used the same and I just missed it). First there was the crying, and she won after that, than she started attacking Obama and got really harsh. And now the SNL and laughing at yourself stuff? And winning Texas?
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
                Obama voters don't tow the party line and are really only loyal to Obama himself.
                I do not really believe this to be true, but we all have opinions. The one thing I would expect is that the Wash. D.C. good ol boys game of politics as usual while screwing your under age page while taking kickbacks from lobbyists may be changed as far as business as usual in Washington.

I am going to vote every incumbent out during the next election. Pennsylvania has a bunch of do nothing politicians waiting hand and foot on special interest groups.

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
                This would leave open the possibility of Obama leaving the Democratic party to run as a 3rd party candidate. Naturally, some representatives and senators would have to go with him (or see themselves be replaced by voters who elected Obama only to have the nomination snatched away), and could mean a major split in the Democratic party.
                I do not see this happening at all. Obama has actually already won the peoples vote as well as the delegates needed to secure the nomination. It boils down to the Super Delegates to finalize the decision. In noting that, will these Super Delegates vote with the people or will they vote on how the candidate courts them and makes promises and or money offers?

This alone is where the Dem. party could fall to shambles. It proves it's not a country with laws for the people and by the people. It should be this is a country for the coprorations and rich, for the betterment and increased profits for the coporations and the rich while keeping the poor down and eliminating any middle class!

I am just pissed for some reason today, so take my words with a grain of salt.

Comment

I could have sworn Obama would win Ohio based on advertising alone. In the few weeks leading to the primary, I saw Obama signs everywhere, heard an ad for Obama on every radio station at least twice every hour, and saw multiple commercials for him on TV, which is a big deal because I only watch 1-2 hours of TV a week. I never saw any Hillary signs in yard, never heard an ad for Hillary on the radio, or saw a commericial for Hillary. So the fact she won kinda shocked me.
                  Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                  1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                  1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                  1:Chao <ER>> at all
                  1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                  1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                  Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                  Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                    If I had to choice between Hilldog or McCain I'd take McCain. Why don't they just realize Hillary can't win against McCain and the best hope is Obama, this is ridiculous.
                    agreed

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post

I do not see this happening at all. Obama has actually already won the peoples vote as well as the delegates needed to secure the nomination. It boils down to the Super Delegates to finalize the decision. In noting that, will these Super Delegates vote with the people or will they vote on how the candidate courts them and makes promises and or money offers?

This alone is where the Dem. party could fall to shambles. It proves it's not a country with laws for the people and by the people. It should be this is a country for the coprorations and rich, for the betterment and increased profits for the coporations and the rich while keeping the poor down and eliminating any middle class!

I am just pissed for some reason today, so take my words with a grain of salt.
                      Now it's time for what can I offer you Mr. Super Delegate? If this election is won by Hillary offering more positions of power to the Democratic party then you guys are fucked. Democrats better be hoping for a decent Republican for the next 30 years if this is how the Democratic party votes on their nomination.

The funny thing is if it came down to McCain and Hilldog, Democrats would be voting Republican and Republicans would be voting Democrat.
                      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

obama is on fiah

Say What, Barrack?

By Paul R. Hollrah

Tuning in to C-Span recently, I found myself listening to a speech by Senator Barrack Hussein Obama, Jr. He was standing in the pulpit of a black church in Selma , Alabama , and as I studied the body language of the dozen or so black ministers standing behind the senator, I couldn't help but be reminded of the little head-bobbing dolls that people used to place in the rear windows of their 1957 Chevrolets. If their reactions are any indication, the new "Schlickmeister" of the Democrat Party is actually a pretty accomplished public speaker.

However, as he spoke, I found my b.s. alarm going off, repeatedly. But I couldn't quite figure out why until I actually read excerpts of his speech several days later. Here's part o f what he said:

"...something happened back here in Selma, Alabama. Something happened in Birmingham that sent out what Bobby Kennedy called, "ripples of hope all around the world." Something happened when a bunch of women decided they were going to walk instead of ride the bus after a long day of doing somebody else's laundry, looking after somebody else's children.

"When (black) men who had PhD's decided 'that's enough' and 'we're going to stand up for our dignity,' that sent a shout across oceans so that my grandfather began to imagine something different for his son. His son, who grew up herding goats in a small village in Africa could s uddenly set his sights a little higher and believe that maybe a black man in this world had a chance.

"So the Kennedy's decided we're going to do an airlift. We're going to go to Africa and start bringing young Africans over to this country and give them scholarships to study so they can learn what a wonderful country America is.

"This young man named Barack Obama got one of those tickets and came over to this country. He met this woman whose great great-great-great- grandfather had owned slaves; but she had a good idea there was some craziness going on because they looked at each other and they decided that we know that, (in) the world as it has been, it might not be possible for us to get together and have a child. There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma , Alabama , because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. Was born. So don't tell me I don't have a claim on Selma , Alabama . Don't tell me I'm not coming home to Selma , Alabama ."

Okay, so what's wrong with that? It all sounds good. But is it?

Obama told his audience that, because some folks had the courage to "march across a bridge" in Selma , Alabama , his mother, a white woman from Kansas , and his father, a black Muslim from Africa, took heart. It gave them the courage to get married and have a child. The problem with that characterization is that Barrack Obama, Jr., was born on August 4, 1961, while the first of three marches across that bridge in Selma didn't occur until March 7, 1965, at least five years after Obama's parents met.

Obama went on to tell his audience that the Kennedys, Jack and Bobby, decided to do an airlift. They would bring some young Africans over so that they could be educated and learn all about America . His grandfather heard that call and sent his son, Barrack Obama, Sr., to America .

The problem with that scenario is that, having been born in August 1961, the future senator was not conceived until sometime in November 1960. So if this African grandfather heard words that ''sent a shout across oceans,'' inspiring him to send his goat-herder son to America , it was not a Democrat Jack Kennedy he heard, nor his brother Bobby, it was a Republican President, Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Obama's speech is reminiscent of Al Gore's claim of having invented the Internet, Hillary Clinton's claim of having been named after the first man to climb Mt. Everest, even though she was born five years and seven months before Sir Edmund climbed the mountain, and John Kerry's imaginary trip to Cambodia .

As one of my black friends, Eddie Huff, has said, "We need to ask some very serious questions of the senator from Illinois . It's not enough to be black, it's not enough to be articulate, and it's not enough to be eloquent and a media darling. The only question will be how deaf an ear, or how blind an eye, will people turn in order to turn a frog into a prince."

Comment

Originally posted by Saturn V View Post
                          I caucused.
                          bless you.
                          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                          Originally posted by the_paul
                          Gargle battery acid fuckface
                          Originally posted by Material Girl
                          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                            As one of my black friends, Eddie Huff, has said, "We need to ask some very serious questions of the senator from Illinois . It's not enough to be black, it's not enough to be articulate, and it's not enough to be eloquent and a media darling. The only question will be how deaf an ear, or how blind an eye, will people turn in order to turn a frog into a prince."
                            So now he's a frog? I have yet to see (credible) proof that Obama isn't anything he claims to be.

Comment

attn: 404

You aren't the only one pissed off at America. I feel ya man. Both senators and our governor are little more than a joke. All 3 have been involved in scandals with lobbyists, and when Abramoff gave away names, we found out that Patty Murray actually received the 4th highest amount of amenities given out.

You'd think our state, with the most educated city in America, would get these scumbags out of office right? Of course not. They touted the "it would be the first time we had 3 wimmins serve warshington at the same time!!zomg!" and everyone fell for it. Plus, they're all Democrats and we could never elect a Republican in this state, even if he is right! *cough* Dino Rossi *cough* WE'RE LIBRULS HERE! Now, we have two women in the pocket of lobbyists, and Ms. Gregoire who somehow manages to lose $300,000 of the state's budget every 6 months.

I'd like to think that many Americans, like us, are very frustrated with the self-serving, elitist, club the baby-boomers allowed to hijack the country. At the end of the day though, we still have it fucking awesome. There's only so much bitching I can do.
                              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
                              X