Speed Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kid Kaos View Post
    Speec Racer is like one of the firt original anime cartoons. Speed Racer was first created by Tatsunoko Productions in 1966 as a Japanese "Manga" entitled Mach Go Go Go . Was later changed to speed racer and brought to american television.
    Astroboy pre-dates Mach Go Go by 2 years. Was also in B & W originally.

F'n hate Anime

Gimme some Super Chicken, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Fractured Fairy Tales, Peabody & Sherman, Fritz the Cat or any R. Crumb character animated! Anyday over Anime.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Speed Racer cartoons make me very upset over the low level of quality; and yet, they are perfect.

Comment

the only episode i remember is the one where some dude decided to race like a road-train that was actually a shitton of gold melted into the world's most badass SUV

it boggled my mind for years as to how anyone could suspend disbelief for that

edit: http://www.tv.com/speed-racer/the-ra...ist;ep_title;6

Speed and Trixie compete in the No Limit World Race, where the competition is quickly decimated by the 600-foot long Mammoth Car. Meanwhile, Inspector Detector and Racer X search for $50 million of stolen gold that may be concealed in one of the cars.
        the japanese managed to turn that into an entire episode. how?

edit 2: "the race against the mammoth car" - next dragonforce album?
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

As I said I watched cartoons when i was 7 years old too and speed racer used to come on alot.
          2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
            the only episode i remember is the one where some dude decided to race like a road-train that was actually a shitton of gold melted into the world's most badass SUV

it boggled my mind for years as to how anyone could suspend disbelief for that

edit: http://www.tv.com/speed-racer/the-ra...ist;ep_title;6

the japanese managed to turn that into an entire episode. how?

edit 2: "the race against the mammoth car" - next dragonforce album?
            This is actually one of my favorite episodes. Along with "Mach 5 vs. Mach 5," this episode is pure genius in shittiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
              Wait.. was Kid Koas earlier calling Cops a huge nerd and shit for mentioning DBZ, but now he is an expert on an anime?

WHAT?
              man I don't know shit all about anime but he seriously just out-witted me with all that anime knowledge. I do know that beast wars is pretty fucking fanstasic for the time.
              Last edited by Cops; 05-20-2008, 12:00 AM.
              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

the 80's were definitely the proverbial sweet spot when it comes to kick ass cartoons and tolerable anime.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                  man I don't know shit all about anime but he seriously just out-witted me with all that anime knowledge. I do know that beast wars is pretty fucking fanstasic for the time.

Its pretty hard to google something isnt it.
                  2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Should tell that website they have a spelling error.
                    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

brilliant.
                      Originally posted by turmio
                      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                      Originally posted by grand
                      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Working...
                      X