Interesting debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric is God View Post
    I'd love to take credit for those, but people much smarter than myself came up with them. Just so we are clear on what a definition is:

Definition of the word definition:
    1. The act of defining or making definite, distinct, or clear.
    2. The formal statement of the meaning or significance of a word, phrase, etc.
    3. The condition of being definite, distinct, or clearly outlined.

Implied definition you say?

Implied (definitions):
    1. To indicate or suggest without being explicitly stated.
    2. Not directly or specifically made known.

Implied definition... I apologize for being this dense, but you really will have to spell out to me how your argument revolves around something definite being indefinite. I'm sorry, I really am. I'm struggling to keep up by looking all these new words up in the dictionary so I humbly beg your patience.

Again, I apologize for being technical about all this, but if you want to change the meaning of a word than you might be better off utilizing one of the other many wonderful words better suited for your purposes.

Might I suggest one of any number of relaxation techniques you might find helpful when desperately awaiting a response to one of your online inquiries? Yoga perhaps, or masturbation? I can point you to some sites that might assist you with either of these.

I don't remember stating reality is nothing. I'm fairly certain I quoted some definitions (see definitions for the word definition above) on reality in my post, suggesting that reality is in fact something that exists, independent of individual perception.

And please don't tell me to get bent. You sound like Bart Simpson from the 1st or 2nd season of the Simpsons, which aired right around the time you were born.

In the end isn't that what we all want?! I take back the suggestion of masturbation as I see you've found that special someone who provides all the arousal you could possibly need.

See NOW I'm being as ass. The little things in life are truly the ones that bring the most joy ^-^
    hold on let me make sure my definitions are correct before i say this, let me use 8 spell checks and define all the words in the upcoming sentence.....ok looks good. fuck off with your definitions. if everything was just definitions then the word bitch would have no other meaning than female dog, but it has taken on whole new meaning. sorry if my english is not perfect and i expect you to actually be remotely competent and put 2 and 2 together sometimes (holy crap that doesnt make sense if you define it). but honestly, do you walk around with a dictionary, because you are that stickling ass that no one likes.

nextly you really say nothing of concern to me

i just don't like when people dodge questions, thats why i dont like politicians, is it a crime to be a bit annoyed? im sowwy ociffer

the next thing was not directed at you it was at someone who said something, you don't have to take everything as a personal attack

bart simpson? i expected better from an ass of your caliber.

right back atcha, we can all be asses here, or we can actually have a civilized debate. your choice
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Were you talking about me Eric? Because I cant skew your average THAT much.
      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God View Post
        See NOW I'm being as ass. The little things in life are truly the ones that bring the most joy ^-^
        no you're being a terrible internet troll
        Originally posted by Ward
        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Jerome> I imagine that right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice. Hmm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole?
          Summa> You could say that.
          Jerome> I see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Summa?
          Summa> No.
          Jerome> Why not?
          Summa> Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.
          Jerome> I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?
          Summa> The Matrix.

Jerome> This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

(take the blue pill with the dolphin on it, those red hearts are a bit speedy i hear)
          .fffffffff_____
          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
          .fffffff\______/
          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
          .fffff\________/
          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
          .fff\__________/

Comment

The "debate" is pointless because it's obviously an argument of personal choice. But let me put this out there: let's assume for a second that everyone in this world perceived it as objective, would you be more likely to view it as objective or subjective? Likewise if everyone in the world viewed it as subjective (God forbid), would there still be objectivism?
            TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
            TelCat> hoes get paid :(
            TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
              no you're being a terrible internet troll
              I wasn't trying to provoke an argument, just be extraordinarily condescending to an individual who openly insulted me multiple times (and in poor English which really bugs me) after I was only slightly condescending while pointing out some huge flaws in their topic of discussion.

If I was trolling I'd have purposely left gaping holes in my points (the ones that did not contain insults anyways).

Nothing bugs me more than people who assume, misjudge, are unclear or dishonest. If you are going to smugly dismiss my points without putting much effort into it then please do me the cutesy of calling me a jerk which would be far more accurate based on the content of my posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                hold on let me make sure my definitions are correct before i say this, let me use 8 spell checks and define all the words in the upcoming sentence.....ok looks good. fuck off with your definitions. if everything was just definitions then the word bitch would have no other meaning than female dog, but it has taken on whole new meaning. sorry if my english is not perfect and i expect you to actually be remotely competent and put 2 and 2 together sometimes (holy crap that doesnt make sense if you define it). but honestly, do you walk around with a dictionary, because you are that stickling ass that no one likes.

nextly you really say nothing of concern to me

i just don't like when people dodge questions, thats why i dont like politicians, is it a crime to be a bit annoyed? im sowwy ociffer

the next thing was not directed at you it was at someone who said something, you don't have to take everything as a personal attack

bart simpson? i expected better from an ass of your caliber.

right back atcha, we can all be asses here, or we can actually have a civilized debate. your choice
                I'm sorry, but I would like to respectfully point out that the basis for this topic cannot be argued because the concepts you are choosing to debate settle the argument by their very definition. I know exactly what your intention was, but this is like trying to argue whether whales are the largest fish, when whales are in fact mammals and not fish.

Poor English or misused words annoy the hell out of me for many reasons, not the least of which is they undermine the very goal you are trying to accomplish: an intelligent debate. I apologize if you are still learning the language, but you seem more than capable enough of including some punctuation and grammar. I'm fairly well spoken and even I head to dictionary.com all the time when writing emails at work because the appearance of ones message is just as important as its content. I really do hate to do this once again, but the word bitch has many meanings, only one of which is a female dog so I still can't accept your dismissal of a word's definition.

Comment

If your quest were realy an intelligent debate you should use the time you waste on dictionary.com to understand an opposing argument. Which is essencial for debating and since you never reach this level your reasons to post are not the ones communicated. LIAR

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffz View Post
                    If your quest were realy an intelligent debate you should use the time you waste on dictionary.com to understand an opposing argument. Which is essencial for debating and since you never reach this level your reasons to post are not the ones communicated. LIAR
                    If I sent an email, or God forbid a presentation, with the spelling mistakes you just made to a distribution list that includes 2 of the wealthiest people in the country and I'd see my career come to a screeching halt.

Comment

Well sounds like you dont have qualifications other than pressing spellcheck in ms office. Which sucks for you but if you were looking for a place to cry, this aint it.

Comment

Working...
                      X