Chevy Unveils New Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CVT = new?

it was penned in the 1400's and patented in the late 1800's.

its been around for eons, first "commercial" CVT's were introduced in the 50's.
    its been used for snomobiles since the 60's and more predominantly in the 70s.

that said, its still a piece of shit, the CVT in mercs and audis break all the time, and its expensive as fuck to fix.
    not to mention, it is so INCREDIBLY boring to drive in a CVT car, floor it and the engine note never changes, and revs stay at peak torque.. FUN FUN!
    Displaced> I get pussy every day
    Displaced> I'm rich
    Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
    Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
    Thors> prolly
    Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
      Its got the CVT (Continuously Variating Transmission) Im not sure I even said that right, but it gets the point across. Anyways, its the same type of transmission that the Dodge Charger/Challenger have that when you reach cruising speeds it shuts off 4 cylinders to improve fuel economy, and turns them back on again for acceleration, its really cool.
      Chrysler 300C has that too.

Btw where do you get that money from, thought you were a student?
      Or are you rather wealthy, or ...

Comment

Originally posted by Displaced View Post
        CVT = new?

it was penned in the 1400's and patented in the late 1800's.

its been around for eons, first "commercial" CVT's were introduced in the 50's.
        its been used for snomobiles since the 60's and more predominantly in the 70s.

that said, its still a piece of shit, the CVT in mercs and audis break all the time, and its expensive as fuck to fix.
        not to mention, it is so INCREDIBLY boring to drive in a CVT car, floor it and the engine note never changes, and revs stay at peak torque.. FUN FUN!
        i know all this

like i said, my great-uncle patented it
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

So what would one consider most important about the new Camaro...even some of the other cars I see mentioned, such as the Challenger, Mustang...even the Corvette?

They all have two things in common that I can see or guess for the new Camaro.

1. Speed and acceleration with poor gas mileage
          2. Horrible cornering

I would rather a car handle turns at high speeds over straight off the line hauling ass to the next stop sign or traffic light 100 yards away. To me half the fun in driving a sports car is the back road experience.

I know a Corvette & Mustang will have me eating smoke on a straight away against my car, but put me on a nice back road with some great turns, hills and bends & I bet my Bavarian auto will stick to the road like a magnet over these muscle cars made for speeding to the next traffic light and rear bumpers of the SUV in front of them with the "baby on board" placard in the window any day.

It does look like a cross between a Challenger and Mustang. Typical though for the amount of years that they had been working on the design. They should have just copied the `67-68 design and kept it as close as possible to that with the obvious interior attributes of modern cars. It just falls short for my liking…plus it’s a Chevy…they need to make sure they have that big ass Bow Tie placed in the front and back as large as they can! F’n ugly ass emblem it is.
          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by soupero View Post
            Chrysler 300C has that too.

Btw where do you get that money from, thought you were a student?
            Or are you rather wealthy, or ...
            I live comfortably, but I don't think I've made any subtle hints that I'm loaded with cash or anything. I will be a part time student come September, but other than that I work in the Chemistry field and collect disability from the government.(Military)

To 404: Location, location, location right? I live in a part of the U.S where there isn't an overload of these back roads you speak of, but plenty of highways and open roads. My favorite thing about this car, is that you can get it in a V6 with an estimated EPA of 27/28 MPG, which is better than a lot of Premium Mid Size cars, and almost all Large Sedans/Coupes. Still though, if I were to buy one of these, I'd go for the whole shebang, with the 6.2L V8 and all the toys. You only live once, might as well live it in style. I think I will make my desktop background this camaro now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
              i know all this

like i said, my great-uncle patented it
              Is your great uncle british? or is his surname dodge? :fear:

kudos to him if he did though, smart man.
              Displaced> I'm rich
              Thors> prolly

best comeback ever

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                To 404: Location, location, location right? I live in a part of the U.S where there isn't an overload of these back roads you speak of, but plenty of highways and open roads. My favorite thing about this car, is that you can get it in a V6 with an estimated EPA of 27/28 MPG, which is better than a lot of Premium Mid Size cars, and almost all Large Sedans/Coupes.
                Well noted and understandable of on my end not to see what your point was when I posted. I didn’t take into consideration that location plays such a role and you are absolutely correct!

I have winding roads on many a hill in my area, so noting congestion on straight roads I realize your point of which makes total sense.

I still would rather have seen them utilize more of the design aspect taken from the `67 and `68 year. Who knows...maybe Pontiac will do that with a remake of the `68 Firebird Convertible?
                May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Displaced View Post
                  Is your great uncle british? or is his surname dodge? :fear:

kudos to him if he did though, smart man.
                  Long story short: he patented the first successful CVT, got screwed by an automotive company, etc etc. Patents before the 1970's aren't entered into the patent office database - just photos - and I won't go through an entire database of pictures to prove a point. My grandfather recently showed me his copy of the patent which is how I came to find out about it. If you've got time, his name is John Magness (middle initial C i think). glhf

internet de la jerome

Comment

interesting stuff jerome, will look into it on my next long ass night shift.

glanced through the patents database quickly just now, and the "earliest" patent for CVT i could find was from Feb 1903, someone named Huss..

sucks that you cant search old patents by name, would make it a whole lot faster
                    Displaced> I'm rich
                    Thors> prolly

best comeback ever

Comment

beer today, displ?
                      Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                      You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                      There wont be another election for president.
                      Obama is the Omega President.
                      http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                        Well noted and understandable of on my end not to see what your point was when I posted. I didn’t take into consideration that location plays such a role and you are absolutely correct!

I have winding roads on many a hill in my area, so noting congestion on straight roads I realize your point of which makes total sense.

I still would rather have seen them utilize more of the design aspect taken from the `67 and `68 year. Who knows...maybe Pontiac will do that with a remake of the `68 Firebird Convertible?
                        Wow, it feels nice to be having a civil convo with someone on here, without their opinions being clouded by childish internet anger just because of my name, with that said....

I'm gonna have to disagree with using the look of the old models, because even with a revamped interior to match the times, having a car appear like it did 40 years ago would take away from the glitz and glamor of being an antique/collectible. Just look at the new Challenger, only thing really similar is the length of the car, other than that, its fresh and new, and people LOVE it. I love this camaro, but I don't see myself in one anytime soon only due to insurance, for I am biased about paying $250/month for something I don't even use, but am required to have.

Kind of off topic here, but has anyone seen that Saturn Sky? Any opinions on that?

Comment

lol the challenger looks like the old charger...are u serious lf?........same nose same body line.

Comment

im not gonna lie, the new challenger's the sexiest thing to come out of any car plant since like 1975

internet de la jerome

Comment

Working...
                            X