Koodoo Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koodoo Mobile

After several years of getting screwed in the pooper by mobile companies such as Rogers, Fido, Bell, Telus etc I've found a company called Koodoo Mobile (It's kind of ironic that it's owned by Telus) that is an innovative new company that I hope will rock the fucking ground of these mobile companies. In Canada mobile phone rates are out of this fucking world.

First you have to deal with a one time charge fee of $20-50, then you've got a $15-35 programming fee. Then once you get your phone/plan that feels more like getting a wedding ring you've got to pay a monthly fee of $0.75 which is a 911 fee, as well as a $6.95 system access fee. You've also just locked your ass into a two to three year plan in which that $30 plan is now more like $50. Why? Because you got a sweet ass new phone so you figured locking yourself into something for two to three years was a great deal considering you got a razr (good job scrub, you can now pick one up for $100). If you're lucky you can keep making these outrageous payments or like many Canadians you buy yourself out of your plan which costs you roughly $400.

Why am I excited about a Mobile phone company after you can tell I loath them, because Koodoo doesn't force you to be in a plan for any period of time. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? You also don't have to pay 'a one time access fee' or an 'activation fee' (permitted you activate your phone online and aren't a complete tool). You also don't have to pay a 'systsem access fee' or a '911 fee'. You might be wondering 'how the fuck does this company stay in business', it's simple, provide good service at reasonable rates and don't force people to sign ridiculous contracts. Also offer incentives for people to stay with Kooddo, if you buy your phone with a 'TAB', as in you paid $50 for it but still owe $100 you can slowly work that $100 off by just making payments on your phone. I'll explain, every month 10% of your bill goes towards paying off your tab so you pay your phone off the longer you keep the plan. You can also not be a fucking castromarx that cares about what kind of phone he has and pick something up for $60 and not carry a tab, that way if you have to cancel your plan at any time you don't have to pay off a $100 TAB.

Get the fuck out of your plan, because people weren't lying when they said 'that new company is completely different than any other phone company you've ever been with'. Anyone that says 'why don't you just get a home phone or a pay as you go phone' obviously do not realize that anyone who actively uses their phone spends way more on those stupid fucking phone cards then they do on a plan, and getting a home phone when you're never home doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by Cops; 09-05-2008, 12:11 PM.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Originally posted by Cops View Post
    fucking faggot
    Real liberal hippies aren't homophobes.

Comment

sorry for dropping the f bomb,

I thought I was a Conservative? Yeah, I'm totally a gay bashing douche that's afraid of gay people because I used the word faggot to describe someone other than gay, my bad for taking a word that has strictly one meaning and using in a way that meant something else. Save the children castro, I said faggot! If you're not aware of the fact that I wasn't insulting gay people directly by saying faggot then that's your fault, indirectly I definitely could have insulted someone on here, but fuck it's the internet a lot worse has and does get said. The shit I say is child play to some of shit you hear on this forum.

By the way, if you lock yourself into a 3 year plan for a phone you are a fucking retard. Oh wait a second, can I not use the word retard without you thinking I'm insulting physically and mentally disabled people? I'm not arguing that retard is any better than faggot. I wasn't attacking anyone for anything more than their choices, but I do agree I shouldn't use the word faggot. Stop looking for the smallest of things to bring up, especially when there's a million other idiots you can attack for more than the use of a single word.
      Last edited by Cops; 09-05-2008, 07:41 AM.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Yeah!!! fight the corporations!!!!!

Last edited by Dack Falu; 09-05-2008, 08:02 AM.
        f

Comment

I've been using Koodo for a few months now, and I haven't had any issues at all

Comment

Originally posted by Dack Falu View Post
            Yeah!!! fight the corporations!!!!!

When did seeking competition in a heavily monopolized industry mean I seek to fight corporations, I'm looking for a better company with better options in the hopes that I either maintain this new found service or other phone companies price their mobile phone plans according to market prices. Once market prices come down I hope they duke it out even more for my service, overall as Canadians we'll only prosper by allowing companies to compete in a market that is heavily monopolized.

Jerome should be all over this shit, competition in this instance is the best thing a consumer can hope for.
            Last edited by Cops; 09-05-2008, 12:18 PM.

Comment

My current phone, I got for free with a 2 year contract (Vodafone), I paid only 22 Euros a month for it, and now I am down to 14 (my 2 year contract ended and since I didn't get a new phone, it is way cheaper). I have yet to find a place in the Netherlands where I do not have any cover and the handy thing about Vodafone is, is that it is in a lot of European countries so calling from other countries is cheap.

In other words, I have never had a problem with being signed to a plan, certainly not when I get a 500 Euro phone for free.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I do hate the commercials though.
                duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

That one billboard with the redhead with her mouth wide open must be the most vandalized billboard on the TTC subway system ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
                    That one billboard with the redhead with her mouth wide open must be the most vandalized billboard on the TTC subway system ever.
                    haha i see that billboard all the time
                    btw, this thread is for people who live in canada since koodo is available for canadians only.

Comment

Koo do!
                      Good call
                      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                      Failure teaches success.

Comment

When my Fido contract expires, I'll be looking into Koodo, Virgin Mobile and Solo Mobile. I've heard that even though there isn't a SAF they still find a way to take your money. I'm sick of paying $45/month for a terrible plan they advertised as $25/month.

There's also the option of getting a 3 year contract on Roger's and trying to get a retention plan from them 6 months into it. I know a fair number of people who have done this successfully.
                        Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
                          'she swallows' is all I got from that billboard.

Comment

I have a pay as you go SIM in my iPhone.

I spend about £15 per month, which entitles me to unlimited texts on my 'Text Anytime bolt-on' (bolt-ons are packages you get free provided you top-up monthly). £10 of my calltime goes on my GPS/EDGE web and wifi access, leaving me with £5 for calltime which usually only goes on taxis back from town when I'm hammered.

I could not get a better deal on a contract or pay as you go package. Yeah I bought my phone separately, but there are too many horror stories associated with contracts, especially from younger people who risk it and just want the sparkly new phone that no one else can afford.

Koodoo sounds great, though. Doubt it will end up coming here though.

Comment

I looked at getting the Iphone, it would have come to $100 a month just to get basic use out of my expensive ass phone.

It's true a lot of kids get trapped in stupid contracts so they get a brand new phone, it's a phone, when did having a bad ass phone even matter?

I pay $30 a month, which includes:

50 text messages
                              100 minutes
                              Free after 5 pm during the week
                              Free weekends Fri at 5 pm to Monday morning
                              Call Display

For a student this is all you really need, a way to call people after 5 pm and during the week as well as unlimited calling on the weekends. Having some extra minutes during the day also helps, along with the text messages. If I had this plan with any other phone company not only would I be forking over $100 for charges to set the phone up but also another $20 a month on charges that aren't clearly defined in the contract.

With Koodo you can 'build' your own plan, which is what I did. I'm not even sure I'll need a home phone in the future, For what it costs for a land line I can pay relatively the same amount to beef up my contract to do everything a land line does.
                              Last edited by Cops; 09-08-2008, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X