The "N" Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "N" Word

Ok this has nothing to do with SSCU TRENCHWARS that is why it is in here.

I was watching a video of George Carlin and lol the filter missed this came into the conversation between my friend and I.

Richard Pryor and George Carlin take on the word... in a video that I can't post on SSCU Trench Wars Forums.

Then it made me wonder how this word originated. Led me to good ole wikipedia article that I can't post, either.

So basically it's the English way of saying negro (spanish) or even originally niger (latin) which means basically black.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

i think the forum filter sucks for letting an n-bomb through unscathed. -ph
    Last edited by Aquatiq; 10-03-2008, 11:31 PM.
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HWXej9N8Vg

I was actually one of the 4% who agreed with whoopi.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Comment

are you serious? there is nothing about racism in this thread, I want honest answers and my links were to youtube and wikipedia...

sigh i hate these fourmz sometimes.
      sigpic

Comment

That's fucking racist. I know there are insensitive racist fucks on this forum like ph. But you, Gran? I expected better from you.
        f

Comment

for a moment, let's accept the fact that we can't have a serious thread here on words pertaining to racism, or racism in general. Just for a moment.
          TelCat> i dont

Comment

uh hey is the thread still open? does that mean people can still, gasp, DISCUSS THE SUBJECT? OH WOW IT DOES!

i'm pretty sure what aqua was trying to say by editing the post and leaving the thread open is that we all know the word and discussing it is fine but we don't need to be pointed to any examples of it.
            Originally posted by Tone
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I'm going to Disney World!
              Last edited by Aquatiq; 10-04-2008, 10:51 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                uh hey is the thread still open? does that mean people can still, gasp, DISCUSS THE SUBJECT? OH WOW IT DOES!

i'm pretty sure what aqua was trying to say by editing the post and leaving the thread open is that we all know the word and discussing it is fine but we don't need to be pointed to any examples of it.
                why shit ain't serious. people can't say what they want to say. whatever boss you the man on these internet forums.
                TelCat> i dont

Comment

I'm all for free speech and the right to use any words whether it be good or bad. However, I will look less upon people who use it as discrimination or a form of insult. So I don't think there is anything wrong with using the N word, I just think it's pathetic.

Comment

there are more offensive things that people say. depends on the context, but for the purpose of this game, as of right now, it is forbidden
                    1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
                    1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

It seems i hear it more in tw then i do in other zones that actually allow it. Ironic?
                      Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                      2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                      2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

haha banned guerrero.
                        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Is TW trying to make a statement by banning racism? Do the higher ups think its just common sense to ban/punish racism? Is it to make sure people of other races don't feel discriminated against in the TW community? What about banning 'faggot'? Surely there are gays who feel belittled by the word, although it is more ubiquitous. Sexist language? Why not just have the TW obscenity filters block the n-word and perhaps others like it already does for fuck, shit, etc? Then it gives the player the option to hear that language or not with a simple ?obscene.

But really it's a moot point by now, racism will always be illegal in TW for better or for worse.

EDIT: zones/other places on internet that allow racist words always look like communities of 14 year old assholes anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Stompa View Post
                            Why not just have the TW obscenity filters block the n-word and perhaps others like it already does for fuck, shit, etc? Then it gives the player the option to hear that language or not with a simple ?obscene.
                            this is what i've been saying for years (the ?obscene option part anyway, because the filter already does block the word). unfortunately this zone is a daycare with ass-backwards policies.
                            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                            Originally posted by the_paul
                            Gargle battery acid fuckface
                            Originally posted by Material Girl
                            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Stompa View Post
                              Is TW trying to make a statement by banning racism? Do the higher ups think its just common sense to ban/punish racism? Is it to make sure people of other races don't feel discriminated against in the TW community? What about banning 'faggot'? Surely there are gays who feel belittled by the word, although it is more ubiquitous. Sexist language? Why not just have the TW obscenity filters block the n-word and perhaps others like it already does for fuck, shit, etc? Then it gives the player the option to hear that language or not with a simple ?obscene.

But really it's a moot point by now, racism will always be illegal in TW for better or for worse.

EDIT: zones/other places on internet that allow racist words always look like communities of 14 year old assholes anyway
                              Agreed ^
                              dsb allows n word and they use it less than us .

ps. stompa why u act so retarded on chats compared to here
                              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X