Warmest U.S. City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmest U.S. City?

What's your opinion on the warmest place to live in the U.S.? I'm in Connecticut and its fucking cold already, and I am very highly considering relocating somewhere that is a shit-ton warmer. I considered Phoenix and little hick towns in the Arizona desert, but they get hella cold at night, Hawaii is too expensive, and Key West has too many hurricanes and cubans (hi cripple). Your opinions will most likely be ignored, but feel free to express them anyways.

Note: Don't google "Warmest US cities" and post the link here. I've already done that.

i went to san diego two summers ago. so beautiful and i read that the crime is considerably low considering the population of the city. you're right on the coast too.
    Originally posted by turmio
    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
    Originally posted by grand
    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

i live in Chandler, AZ. its a suburb about 20ish minutes south of PHX. i like it here, if you can deal with 120 degrees for 2 months then your fine

its like 90 - 95 in day time right now about mid 70s at night
      (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
      (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
      (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
      (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
      (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Of all the places I've been to in the US I'd say Phoenix, AZ hands down. Fucking instant uber sticky feeling the minute you leave a building. Don't know how it is during winters but I reckon all summers there are killers.

Edit: Ironically, I'd say the Los Angeles area has one of the most relaxed climates throughout the year and it's not even that far from Phoenix. It's warm but not too humid at all, it's perfect and I loved it.
        Last edited by Nycle; 10-07-2008, 08:20 AM.

Comment

argentina
          1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
          1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

I'm going with Lake Havasu, Arizona.
            sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
            1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Daldur View Post
              argentina
              you should have taken the left turn at albuquerque

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

the hottest area is easily Yuma Arizona, if you like nice weather, id reccommend Prescott or Payson Arizona, Prescott stays 10 degrees cooler then phoenix on average and never has bad cold weather.
                Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

you could probably deal with the AZ heat as they call it a "dry" heat. The heat index on a hot day in NYC is probably around the same as in Phoenix just b/c of the humidity. That being said, it still probably costs an arm and a leg to pay for heating and AC. It also snows fairly often in the SW i believe, so if you don't like snow, you're not escaping it there.

The southeast is relatively hot in that it's always fucking humid. It's never 110 degrees like in the desert, but even 90 can leave you soaked in sweat. It hasn't snowed here (and stuck) since '99. I usually end up wearing shorts on New Year's and Christmas. But I like snow, so it sucks that it never sticks.

Hawaii is probably the mildest temperature if you can afford to live there. Not too hot, never cold.

Personally I'd pick somewhere on the east or west coast where you can drive 2 hrs and get to the beach, or drive 2 hrs the other way and get to the mountains.
                  .fffffffff_____
                  .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                  .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                  .fffffff\______/
                  .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                  .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                  .fffff\________/
                  .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                  .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                  .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                  .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                  .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by DankNuggets View Post
                    you could probably deal with the AZ heat as they call it a "dry" heat. The heat index on a hot day in NYC is probably around the same as in Phoenix just b/c of the humidity. That being said, it still probably costs an arm and a leg to pay for heating and AC. It also snows fairly often in the SW i believe, so if you don't like snow, you're not escaping it there.

The southeast is relatively hot in that it's always fucking humid. It's never 110 degrees like in the desert, but even 90 can leave you soaked in sweat. It hasn't snowed here (and stuck) since '99. I usually end up wearing shorts on New Year's and Christmas. But I like snow, so it sucks that it never sticks.

Hawaii is probably the mildest temperature if you can afford to live there. Not too hot, never cold.

Personally I'd pick somewhere on the east or west coast where you can drive 2 hrs and get to the beach, or drive 2 hrs the other way and get to the mountains.
                    i love how people call it a "dry heat"

HAHAHAHA its 120 fucking degrees
                    (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                    (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                    (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                    (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                    (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
                      i love how people call it a "dry heat"

HAHAHAHA its 120 fucking degrees
                      yeah

sucks still

i jsut mean, even if it is hot as fuck, its nice to have sweat evaporate off of you some.

if its 95 and 100% humidity, it will feel hotter and the sweat just.... drips...

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

still in the 90s over here in southern california
                        LA

Comment

Humidity is killer compared to the southwest's dry heat.

Comment

haha u'd leave ct and realize how shitty everywhere else is. usa revolves around eastern time. and fuck, put on a jacket
                            violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                            [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Wasilla Alaska, they have Sarah Palin :wub:
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                              X