Xbox 360 Elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 Elite

Who has one? How do they run? I heard they have a few different and better internal components which reduces the RROD chance. Also, I read that with the huge hard drive you can save games to your hard drive and play them without the disc spinning. So, in theory, I could buy the Elite, and take my friends best games, download them onto my Xbox, and play them without ever buying them? Is that possible?

halp.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

you can't do that HD thing you talk about, whoever told you that is lying. but it is noticably faster than my friends XBOX, but who knows what causes that. I've never RROD'd, but I've had a problem with 2 DVD drives, but they were not the machine's fault I don't think.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

So, in theory, I could buy the Elite, and take my friends best games, download them onto my Xbox, and play them without ever buying them? Is that possible?
      Nope, you still need the disc to play them, it just makes it load quicker and quieter.

Comment

You can download the new NXE (new xbox experience) and install games to your HD but you still need the disc to play em. It makes games run alot faster and saves wear and tear on your player. You can do it with Pro also, just don't get the shitty Arcade. If you don't have xbox live you can even go download the NXE file to a USB stick and plug that into your Xbox (front hidden console next to your power button) and install it that way. I used it for a few games.

It looks good but they copied Wii a lot because you can "make yourself" and shit like you do with Wii, which is pretty gay.. I don't play my wii much already because all the games are terrible and the controls are bad.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

So I think I'll just get the Pro and save myself the extra $100 so I can spend that on games, eh?
          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

....or spend another 100$ and get the PS3.

Its the future!
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

You don't need the elite unless you plan on downloading tons of content from xbox live or if you want to save more than 1 game to your hard drive.

The only internal difference between the elite and the others is that the elite uses a different gpu that doesn't heat up as quickly as the old ones. At this point though all new generation 360's have the same gpu and same insides so there is now no difference other than the color of the shell.

So yea, I'd save the extra $100 for games because they are SOO damn expensive now.

By the way, they still red-light.
              (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Yeah and you can just delete games from your HD after you play them and the save files are still there so you can still play a save from from the disc if you wanted to go back and replay a game or play a game again. The 60gb that comes with the Pro is more than enough for most of anything, I have three games installed on mine right now, plus save files, the new xbox experience thing etc etc etc
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I got my elite September of '07 and it hasn't red-ringed on me once yet. I love it, it's a beast.

The only difference like the others were saying is the hard drive (along with the component cables), but it terms of performance mine has done beautifully.
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                    So I think I'll just get the Pro and save myself the extra $100 so I can spend that on games, eh?
                    thats what my gf did when she bought mine so then i got a game and another controller for it $. I got the red light on mine like 2 weeks after i had it, i turned it off and on and its been running fine since lol. No use wasting another $100 when it costs over $60 just for a game
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                    1:waven> is if im going to prison
                    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

yea my room mate has a first gen 360 and it's red-ringed like 5 times. We've been able to turn it off and turn it back on and it works ok. It's showing it's age though, he's going to need a new one soon.

my best friend's 360 is a regular one from whenever gears of war 1 came out, and it's red-ringed like 4 times. Same as my room mates though, we've been able to turn it off then on, and it works ok.
                      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

get a ps3...the 09 looks SICKKKKKKK
                        Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                          yea my room mate has a first gen 360 and it's red-ringed like 5 times. We've been able to turn it off and turn it back on and it works ok. It's showing it's age though, he's going to need a new one soon.

my best friend's 360 is a regular one from whenever gears of war 1 came out, and it's red-ringed like 4 times. Same as my room mates though, we've been able to turn it off then on, and it works ok.
                          the RROD thing can be different problems... some are overheating based on the X-clamps some are due to simple things like the cords not being in tight enough or the power supply is loose... just all depends on what lights out of the 4 light up red
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

most epic fail to date was microsoft RROD'd yesterday at CES2009 show....it was the most pathetic thing i ever seen...the box died on the display while it tried to run halo wars....so pathetic rofl
                            Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

guys lets make 4 topics about killzone 2

right guys, it'll be the best thing ever

Comment

Working...
                              X