Man one step closer to God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Summa View Post
    Because those who are ignorant hide behind something they know.

I do agree with hand on the fact that this was a bit glorified, but nonetheless this is a huge ass deal.
    I agree but I think it was shortsighted to claim that this brings us closer to any kind of divinely power, maybe so in terms of actually being able to design life but in an objective sense it probably wasn't a good idea. I can see how it could unset the religious segment of TW forums and spark unneeded amounts of bullshit.

Comment

• hey exalt europe is part of the "western world" hth

-- a distant roar heard from outer space

-- ur stupidity going supernova (so stupidity)
      Originally posted by Ward
      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

• Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
        hey exalt europe is part of the "western world" hth

-- a distant roar heard from outer space

-- ur stupidity going supernova (so stupidity)
        western world meaning western Europe and USA, used in my own terms, as eastern Europe can be considered asia in many respects

but thanks for your retarded and nonsensical reply, apparently none of you can reply with anything making one bit of sense or having any historical value whatsoever, thanks for proving me right

you are all terrible arguers, learn what your talking about before you speak
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Kolar View Post
          I agree but I think it was shortsighted to claim that this brings us closer to any kind of divinely power, maybe so in terms of actually being able to design life but in an objective sense it probably wasn't a good idea. I can see how it could unset the religious segment of TW forums and spark unneeded amounts of bullshit.
          Understood Kolar, but ya gotta have a ctachy title to draw the suckers in

As for exalt's depictions of Hitler's rise to power, he didn't do "nothing" for Germany. Whether you attribute it to Hitler or the industrialization of Germany, he turned a post war demolished economy into one of the most thriving in the world pretty damn fast.

Another question for everyone!!!! (Even the ignorant ones) If we do attain the capability to create life, which is not as far fetched now as it was, should it be regulated/illegal, and what are the implications of being able to create life?
          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
          Originally posted by kthx
          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

• As for exalt's depictions of Hitler's rise to power, he didn't do "nothing" for Germany. Whether you attribute it to Hitler or the industrialization of Germany, he turned a post war demolished economy into one of the most thriving in the world pretty damn fast.
            Pretty sure the same thing happened to America during ww2, all he did is take his country to war, which in the past always brings about a great economy eventually. Because there is literally no unemployment, because there are jobs creating weapons, ammunition, etc etc etc.

Another question for everyone!!!! (Even the ignorant ones) If we do attain the capability to create life, which is not as far fetched now as it was, should it be regulated/illegal, and what are the implications of being able to create life?
            We can only create life with what we currently have, no matter what you argue here, it doesn't make us gods by any means. Maybe we can build RNA and maybe one day we will be able to build DNA, but the building blocks to building them wasn't created by us. The materials we use to do anything isn't a human made substance, everything that humans make is just taken from what was given to us by god, and used. It reminds me of this christian joke (I guess) - About some scientist who was talking to god and was bragging about he also could create life, and so god created a life using some dust and breathing into it. So then it was the scientists turn, and he had to ask god to borrow some of the dust or something, and god said to make it himself. Anyways, even if we do manage to create a living being, it will just be using what was given to us to begin with. Nothing special, and nothing new about this.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
              Pretty sure the same thing happened to America during ww2, all he did is take his country to war, which in the past always brings about a great economy eventually. Because there is literally no unemployment, because there are jobs creating weapons, ammunition, etc etc etc.
              What about right now? How's our economy?

Comment

• We're at war right now? Its another conflict

Kolar youre clearly trying to push atheism because its obvious you think you know everything about the universe. Look at your posts here. You claim to have studied (aka know more about everyone else about) history, you claim to have (or at least pretend you did with your condescending posts) studied cosmology. In other threads you claim to have studied economics and political science. Taking Physics 101 doesnt make you a subject matter expert! Sorry to disappoint you
                Last edited by Izor; 01-15-2009, 08:38 PM.
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

• you're another conflict

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
                    you're another conflict
                    and your a troll
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Troll? THIS THREAD IS SPARTA!!!!!
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Ok, first off I would like to say that there was never an Ice Age on earth, in fact I believe the opposite, it has become obvious to me over the last few years as we have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars measuring the amount of methane that cows produce that dinosaurs must have emitted far more methane and been much worse for the environment. So basically dinosaurs caused the first global warming which destroyed all the foliage on the planet causing the destruction of the food chain hence everything died. Ok so now this is where it gets strange, after the Dinosaurs died from killing themselves with their own methane and global warming humans who had just recently escaped from the ocean and turned into monkeys and finally to humans arrive on the scene and since we are mammals and not reptiles we are able to survive the searing temperatures caused by the dinosaur global warming. This is how earth was terraformed into a planet that is warm enough, through the sacrifice of dinosaurs our planet is warm enough to live on. And because of some random genetic mutation humans turned from single celled organisms floating around at the bottom of the ocean into the people who can create life today.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• I mean really I'm sure before a couple months ago everyone here would have argued that the dinosaurs became extinct from an asteroid boiling up the earth killing everything. As ridiculous as that story is, you all still believed it, because its what youre taught in school. Now its believed that volcanic activity in india killed them. Pretty soon it will change again and you'll all change your beliefs based on it. But until that point you'll be die hard in your theory that it was volcanic activity in India because thats all that makes sense
                          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                            Ok, first off I would like to say that there was never an Ice Age on earth, in fact I believe the opposite, it has become obvious to me over the last few years as we have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars measuring the amount of methane that cows produce that dinosaurs must have emitted far more methane and been much worse for the environment. So basically dinosaurs caused the first global warming which destroyed all the foliage on the planet causing the destruction of the food chain hence everything died. Ok so now this is where it gets strange, after the Dinosaurs died from killing themselves with their own methane and global warming humans who had just recently escaped from the ocean and turned into monkeys and finally to humans arrive on the scene and since we are mammals and not reptiles we are able to survive the searing temperatures caused by the dinosaur global warming. This is how earth was terraformed into a planet that is warm enough, through the sacrifice of dinosaurs our planet is warm enough to live on. And because of some random genetic mutation humans turned from single celled organisms floating around at the bottom of the ocean into the people who can create life today.
                            i just farted
                            8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

• I'm waiting for our professor friends from Europe to tell us about their all knowing knowledge of politics, the economy, religion, math, physics, chemistry, and biology so that us unedumicateded foolz kan lern frum dem!

Anti-semitic, omniscient, and the creaters of life! They truely are one step closer to God! How amazing they must feel in their vast intelligence.

Edit: and also you are all very comfortable with your bi-sexuality, a noble trait indeed
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• learn what your talking about
                                hmm
                                Originally posted by Ward
                                OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                                X