"Phantom Vibrations" on your leg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Phantom Vibrations" on your leg?

We all have cell phones, I think. At least the greater majority do now. Mine is set on Vibrate 90% of the time these days due to work and the studio. It's been like this for a while now, I feel the vibration in my leg and pick up the phone. I keep my phone in my left pocket. But now I find that when my phone is not even in my pocket, I feel my leg vibrate randomly. I go and look and realize nothing is there, lol.

Anyone else get these "Phantom Vibrations" from your cell phone?
    DELETED

It's a tumah!

but no seriously, I get them too. It's fucking annoying!

I might have cancer from it
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

I keep mine in a fanny pack
      Originally posted by paradise!
      pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
      1:Reaver> HALP
      1:Reaver> HELELP
      1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
      1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious View Post
        I keep mine in a fanny pack
        i lol'd
        sigpic

Comment

Buy a purse. Faggots.

Comment

I know what you mean, I think this happens to me - mines on vibrate all the time.
            I sleep with my phone under my pillow sometimes - is that unhealthy? I always think it's some kind of harmful radiation into my brain or something :\ idk why i still do it tbh.
            5:Kaiten> Flat out, life sucks =P
            5:VaGINa> ...Was your mom a Beaver, Cause Dam Girl
            5:Miami Chick> life is a chill boat ride with a couple of rocks and waterfalls
            5:Miami Chick> rofl
            5:Lumber> and a hurricane
            5:Kaiten> rofl
            5:Miami Chick> lol thanks lumber -.-
            5:Lumber> named Hurricane Herpes
            5:Kaiten> loooool
            5:Lumber> hahaha
            5:Miami Chick> l o l.

1:Mango.> i hit a black girl in the head with a bouncy ball today

Comment

I get those "phantom vibrations" all the time. I think I'm even in a facebook group dedicated to this.

I also sleep with my phone under my pillow. It probably is terrible for you, but it's the only way I can text late at night when the rest of my roomies are asleep.
              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
              1:Chao <ER>> at all
              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by phata$$ View Post
                Buy a purse. Faggots.
                No don't. I don't want to sit beside another idiot who didn't turn off their phone during my midterm and had it ring and she couldn't find her phone in the purse for the longest time and annoyed the shit out of everyone. When she did find it, she didn't turn it off, she just set it to vibrate, which of course DOESN'T STOP PEOPLE FROM CALLING YOU. That, and people can hear it fucking vibrating.

Is it that hard to turn off your phone for a hour and a half?
                duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
                  I also sleep with my phone under my pillow. It probably is terrible for you, but it's the only way I can text late at night when the rest of my roomies are asleep.
                  tell me more about your "phantom" vibrations B)

Comment

Originally posted by project dragon View Post
                    No don't. I don't want to sit beside another idiot who didn't turn off their phone during my midterm and had it ring and she couldn't find her phone in the purse for the longest time and annoyed the shit out of everyone. When she did find it, she didn't turn it off, she just set it to vibrate, which of course DOESN'T STOP PEOPLE FROM CALLING YOU. That, and people can hear it fucking vibrating.

Did you unterstand what this thread is about? :fear:

I dont get any phantom vibes, but then again I dont use my phone that much.

Comment

Originally posted by project dragon View Post

my old physics teacher would have thrown the phone out the door

Comment

this happens exclusively when i'm listening to some bumpin tunes
                        Last edited by Scurvy; 03-25-2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

It happens all the time when I'm walking probably because of the rubbing against the leg.

I hate it. Every time it happens it gets my hopes up and makes me think I have a friend.
                          Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

I have a feeling this thread's been here before >_< I think PJ or richard creager started it last time

but yea, it happens. It's because we want a phone call so our brain tricks us into thinking we feel a vibration on our leg :P (imo)

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                              We all have cell phones, I think. At least the greater majority do now. Mine is set on Vibrate 90% of the time these days due to work and the studio. It's been like this for a while now, I feel the vibration in my leg and pick up the phone. I keep my phone in my left pocket. But now I find that when my phone is not even in my pocket, I feel my leg vibrate randomly. I go and look and realize nothing is there, lol.

Anyone else get these "Phantom Vibrations" from your cell phone?
                              I read an article about this a year ago. Apparently this is quite common for people with BlackBerrys (and other smart phones I imagine) who receive 100+ emails a day. They noted in a study that people would even wake up in bed thinking their leg was vibrating.

The solution for me was simple: set my BlackBerry to quiet mode so it wouldn't vibrate. Since it's phone calls that are giving you trouble, you could always keep it in your jacket, or get a man purse

Comment

Working...
                              X