No announcement yet.

shes ugly but oh man she can sing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But to get them to start clapping and cheering 3 words into a song? At that moment there really is nothing to clap and cheer about, other than that the woman can make sound come out of her mouth.

Also, I don't understand why people are surpised that people that don't have good looks can sing well?
    It's not like being moderatly attractive and singing ability have a strong correlation.
    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

The difference between her and the sell phone seller is that she's never received any formal training whatsoever, while Mr Potts on the other hand has.

Also, I don't understand why people are surpised that people that don't have good looks can sing well?
      It's not like being moderatly attractive and singing ability have a strong correlation.
      It's not entirely just that, but we sort of expect someone with a drive for singing in front of such an audience would dress up (clothes, makeup, hair, etc.) much better for the occasion. The clips and the beginning (i.e. her eating), the choice of background music, her age, her attitude (i.e. the weird dancing thing), and Simon's persistent and demeaning questions didn't help the audience get a better impression of her. Although we understand that beauty and youth do not equal talent, it's the stereotype we have from most contemporary popstars.
      Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
      -Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by project dragon View Post
        Also, I don't understand why people are surpised that people that don't have good looks can sing well? It's not like being moderatly attractive and singing ability have a strong correlation.
        Apparently you haven't been introduced to the Trench Wars Most Beautiful Club.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

We are a talented bunch.

It is actually in our contracts that we can not enter shows such as American Idol, Britain's got talent, etc because we would dominate the fuck out of them. It would be unfair, really.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Reminds me how many real talents have been out there unnoticed. But thanks to the modern communications technology at least those talents have a chance nowadays
            ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Her voice is decent but not great. Her sense of pitch is very good, but her vibrato is forced and unnatural. Yeah, it's nice to see someone old and unsexy doing something well, compared to the usual parade of young beautiful polished turds. But that's the entire appeal right there - her story, not her voice. If she were beautiful, no one would be giving a shit.

Sorry to be the asshole, but it's the truth.
              Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
              2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPoopface View Post
                Her voice is decent but not great. Her sense of pitch is very good, but her vibrato is forced and unnatural. Yeah, it's nice to see someone old and unsexy doing something well, compared to the usual parade of young beautiful polished turds. But that's the entire appeal right there - her story, not her voice. If she were beautiful, no one would be giving a shit.

Sorry to be the asshole, but it's the truth.
                i agree... I've heard a lot better singers that aren't on any national stage whatsoever.... she is just another decent singer that just happens to be 50 and unattractive

I give her props and glad she is getting attention, but she is nothing special enough where I would ever want to buy a cd from her
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPoopface View Post
                  Her voice is decent but not great. Her sense of pitch is very good, but her vibrato is forced and unnatural.
                  how much voice training have you had just ooc
                  Originally posted by Ward
                  OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Yeeah I saw this and people start smiling and clapping very early in because they're just completely blown away. As the judge Amanda says in the video, everyone was just against her and they were just being cynical. That's all it is, the general public have an automatic prejudgment of how she will perform which is completely wrong but it's in their nature.

Maybe it's because I was told to watch it on YouTube that I didn't completely expect her to be terrible, else it would be a waste of time, but I admit I did feel she could be, I guess I made that slight prejudgment myself though.
                    (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
                    5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
                    1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
                    1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

lol ugly ass brits

Comment

Working...
                      X