Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official IIHF hockey information(not really)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official IIHF hockey information(not really)

Results of day one:

USA - Denmark 2-5 (1-3, 0-1, 1-1) C'mon Usa! YOU can play better than that. THis was totally surprise

Switzerland - Russia 2-5 (1-2, 1-2, 0-1) Routine win by Russia

Canada - Belarus 3-0 (2-0, 0-0, 1-0) Routine win by Canada. Good game Sean Burke

Latvia - Sweden 1-3 (1-2, 0-1, 0-0) Not bad Without Forsberg and Sundin. Routine win by Sweden

The Chech Rebuplic - Slovenia 5-2 (3-0, 2-1, 0-1) Routine win by The Chech Rebuplic

Austria - Finland 1-5 (0-1, 1-3, 0-1) Routine win by Finland

Results of day two::

Canada - Latvia 6-1 (2-1, 1-0, 3-0) Again Routine win by Canada! No problems.

Germany - Japan 5-4 (4-2, 0-0, 1-2) Nice game both countries. It was good fighting!

Russia - Denmark 6-1 (1-0, 5-1, 0-0) Routine win by Russia! It was good start Denmark, but all good is in end in due course!

Sweden - Belarus 2-1 (1-1, 0-0, 1-0) Sweden you can do better than that! Good Fight Belarus!

Switzerland - USA 1-0 (1-0, 0-0, 0-0) Not good USA! You have been tropped to the eliminationgroup! Good luck there

Ukraine - Slovakia 3-9 (0-2, 2-4, 1-3) Routine win by Slovakia! Zigmund is quite dangerous (3+2)!

We'll See Again Later!

Results of day three:

Finland - Slovenia 12-0 (4-0, 4-0, 4-0) I see that Slovenia was saving power to the next match, what is really important to them. Routine win by Finland.

Slovakia - Japan 10-1 (3-1, 5-0, 2-0) Slovakia is in fire! Routine win by Slovakia.

The Chech Republic - Austria 8-1 (1-0, 5-0, 2-1) The Chech Republic is in fire too! Routine win by The Chech Republic.

Results of day four:

Germany - Ukraine 3-1 (0-1, 2-0, 0-1) Routine win by Germany. Good fight Ukraine!

Denmark - Switzerland 2-6 (0-2, 1-2, 1-2) Switzerland deserved that win!

Russia - USA 3-2 (0-1, 2-0, 1-1) This was not good cup for USA!

Belarus - Latvia 0-4 (0-1, 0-3, 0-0) Good fight both, but Latvia was better!

Sweden - Canada 1-3 (0-1, 0-1, 1-1) Canada is on fire! Sweden you should play better if you wanna get medal!

Slovenia - Austria 2-6 (0-1, 1-2, 1-3) This was not surprise after Finland vs. Slovenia game.

Results of day five:

Slovakia - Germany 3-1 (0-1, 2-0, 1-0) Routine win by Slovakia! Good fight Germany!

Finland - The Chech Republic 1-2 (1-0, 0-1, 0-1) If power play doesn't work you can't win! Good fight Finland!

Japan - Ukraine 1-4 (0-2, 0-2, 1-1) Good fiht Japan but it's over!!
    Last edited by wAtCH OUt*crash*; 04-30-2003, 03:16 PM.
    Just Try To Beat Me In Baseelim! ^_^

Re: Official IIHF hockey information(not really)

Originally posted by wAtCH OUt*crash*
    Results of day one:

USA - Denmark 2-5 (1-3, 0-1, 1-1)
    Oh the satisfaction of seeing that result yesterday!..
    Some statistics I read in a local newspaper on these two teams:

WC tournaments played:
    Denmark 2 (1949 (when they lost 47-0 against Canada ) and 2003)
    USA 54

Registered players:
    Denmark 4 121
    USA 473 109
    =115 times more players in the US.

Wins in WC:
    Denmark 1
    USA 185

Games in WC:
    Denmark 4
    USA 412

GG US!
    ps. Mite ois jos laittaisitki noi tulokset siihen toiseen threadiin jonka alotit? Siis sen verran on kuitenki yhteistä et luulis yhen threadin riittävän yksiä MM-kisoja varten.
    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
    5: Da1andonly> =((
    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Who actually plays in this thing? Aren't most of the good players playing in the NHL playoffs?

Comment

can someone get banned for starting pointless threads???

Comment

The US just lost 0-1 against Swizerland and the ambassador didn't look at all happy

So now the only chance to advance is if:
          Denmark would happen to win Russia (which will never happen) + USA would win Russia (which will not happen either)

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
            Who actually plays in this thing? Aren't most of the good players playing in the NHL playoffs?

That's usually the case, but with first round upsets of Detroit, Colorado and Toronto, teams will add quality players. The most notable example will be Sundin and Forsberg joining Sweden this week.

It looks like Sweden and Canada will be the teams to beat in this tournament. Having them in the same pool means a game this Tuesday, but it might limit the odds of them meeting in the playoff.

Comment

#1. who cares about WC when you got NHL playoffs on tv

#2. who is playing for the US right now?
              To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
              brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

I dunno who's playing for US atm..but even if they would play with ONLY ahl-players they shouldn't lose to Denmark.

gg us, impressive
                Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                There wont be another election for president.
                Obama is the Omega President.
                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

lol USA sucks.. and now ppl are saying WHO CARES ... if usa had won both .. things would be different.. pfftt
                  Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                  Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                  Server> dont worry mirror
                  Server> shark fits your tits
                  Peace <ZH>> shut up
                  Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                  Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                  1:Hercules> im level 90
                  1:Hercules> in 9d
                  1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                  1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

NHL is mostly boring in the eyes of non-usa people. Since America sucks in WC, every yankee will now state that WC sucks and is indeed insignificant
                    Underpants gives us great advices:

Underground> Dont die
                    Underground> And you win!

Comment

Originally posted by Variable
                      NHL is mostly boring in the eyes of non-usa people. Since America sucks in WC, every yankee will now state that WC sucks and is indeed insignificant
                      Ah, but you're forgetting NHL playoff hockey. The regular season can be boring at times, but the playoffs is where the intensity picks up and the best hockey ever played is conducted. The World Championship has a lot of action too, but it lacks the same level of intensity. You won't see players diving face first into a slap shot at the world championships, but you will even in the first round of the NHL playoffs.

Comment

Reasons why I value WC more than some god damned NHL.

Patrioticm:
                        OK so I don't even know if that's the word but you know what I mean . (Most?) Finns are partiotic and there is a certain pleasure in knowing if you are the best hockey country in the world!

NHL is not patriotic bacause I don't think that more than maybe 25 % (just a rip off, I have no clue of real figures) of the players are americans. That means that you do not cheer your COUNRY but a single city! Now whats the point in that? "Wee, Our european players in Montreal are better that yours in Boston! Hooray!":eek:

I don't like the ugly playing in the NHL
                        I don't like the narrow court or the two-line passing rule (which was, thank god, removed in Finland for a couple of years ago).

Comment

Hell, i see players diving face first into slapshots even in SM-league (finnish ice hockey league).

The regular season can be boring at times, but the playoffs is where the intensity picks up and the best hockey ever played is conducted
                          In my opinion that also applies to WC. Surely you might not see many broken teeth during the preliminary round, but when we move up to relegation round (plus the final round of course) the game immediately turns into fast paced professional hockey.

Anyway, I'm quite sure americans see NHL and WC differently than i and other europians. Plus its no fun to cheer your favorite nhl team if you cant even go see their match live nor you cant have any live contact with the team and therefor its hard to become fond of an nhl team, us europians/finns also have nothing in common with any nhl team (expect some eu/finnish players). But in SM-league you can support your own hometeam and in WC your own country of course.

bleh
                          Underpants gives us great advices:

Underground> Dont die
                          Underground> And you win!

Comment

Can we first distinguish between Americans and Canadians? There is a huge difference between the two, especially when it involves hockey.

Comment

you do realize that out of 260million + people. you are going to have people who like and dislike everything? stop stereotyping, as you guys are so fucking good at.
                              To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                              brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Working...
                              X