Marduk - The Sun Has Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marduk - The Sun Has Failed

I have a theory that humans are technologically capable of surviving a long time without solar energy. Proposing a hypothetical situation where the Earth receives no solar energy, we could survive on the electricity produced from geothermal, hydrothermal, hydropressure, and wind from the lunar gravity to grow produce for as long as our species would exist anyways. We could build a thermonuclear reactor in space, some arbitrarily large proportion of the size of the moon, fueled from enriched uranium and plutonium mined from the Martian Tharsis Ridge. We have full spectrum lightbulbs from many sources could find the electricity to power them, temperately heated by the residual millions of degrees in Earth's core. We would clone many species which could reproduce in mass proportions to sustain the nutrient availability for a large enough population to prevent extinction by inbreeding. The sun is unnecessary because we can outsource kinetic, thermal, gravitational, elastic, geothermal, hydrothermal, hydropressure, and electromagnetic energy sufficient enough to sustain our nutrient sources. We could make rechargeable batteries and what not.

Obviously my theory is unorthodox and counters everything you believe you've been told. This is because the sun is the source of all terrestrial biology. We have, however, crossed a threshold where our survival is not hinged directly on solar energy dependence. We can clone, for fucks sake. We could make swarms of animals, who's kinetic energy produces an elastic effect in the walls which they fly into, in an astronomical sized space tank, or rotating blue whales/whale sharks, swimming forward in tanks generating tides, etc. We have biological energy, the Earth's iron core's residual heat, and the moon's gravity.
    Last edited by disorder; 07-31-2009, 01:43 AM.
    The effects that are planned to be studied on the kinetic level are: Laminar and turbulent flow; the transition between both; thermodynamics and self-organisation of complex plasma flows; solitons and shocks; interfaces and plasma instabilities; agglomeration and disagglomeration. For low-frequency excitation and confining particles modulated RF coils and high-voltage supplies are foreseen.

ok thnx
    :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

Originally posted by iLDuce View Post
      ok thnx
      plz ur fascinated. ur trenchcoat is fucking lame anwyays.
      The effects that are planned to be studied on the kinetic level are: Laminar and turbulent flow; the transition between both; thermodynamics and self-organisation of complex plasma flows; solitons and shocks; interfaces and plasma instabilities; agglomeration and disagglomeration. For low-frequency excitation and confining particles modulated RF coils and high-voltage supplies are foreseen.

Comment

the sun is a luxury. monotheism has been vain for about a decade. the devil wants to stick you.

Comment

"the sun is a luxury" I like that.

However, I don't entirely agree with you on some points. Specifically wind from lunar gravity and cloning as a viable option to breeding.

The moon's gravity affects only our tides, effectively moving giant masses of water around. There's no wind involved.

In order to clone animals and insects, we still need to give them nutrition. Nutrition which ultimately comes from plants (which can use photosynthesis from our full-spectrum light bulbs, sure). Cloning animals doesn't really save us anything, in this scenario, it would just be mimicking what nature's already figured out.

Also with your idea of creating insects or marine animals to produce energy. That's a novel idea that I haven't heard. Unfortunately, though, it won't produce any extra energy, it'll actually be a waste. Why? Take the whale for example: A blue whale eats up to 8,000 lbs of krill a day (wikipedia). It would need to in order to swim and produce currents. The whale would need to consume something that was eventually produced by plants (the food chain, plants are practically always on the bottom) which requires energy to produce.

So, your idea is to, essentially: use thermonuclear energy to grow plants (algae, perhaps) for krill to feed off of, the whale then eats the krill and swims in a pool to produce electricity. Whenever energy is transferred, some is lost.

It's kind of like using an electric fan to run a wind turbine...except probably a lot less efficient.
          Ну вот...

Comment

Wind does cause some waves and stuff actually, not that I give a fuck about anything disorder says, thought I would correct you though.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by disorder View Post
              I have a theory that humans are technologically capable of surviving a long time without solar energy. Proposing a hypothetical situation where the Earth receives no solar energy, we could survive on the electricity produced from geothermal, hydrothermal, hydropressure, and wind from the lunar gravity to grow produce for as long as our species would exist anyways. We could build a thermonuclear reactor in space, some arbitrarily large proportion of the size of the moon, fueled from enriched uranium and plutonium mined from the Martian Tharsis Ridge. We have full spectrum lightbulbs from many sources could find the electricity to power them, temperately heated by the residual millions of degrees in Earth's core. We would clone many species which could reproduce in mass proportions to sustain the nutrient availability for a large enough population to prevent extinction by inbreeding. The sun is unnecessary because we can outsource kinetic, thermal, gravitational, elastic, geothermal, hydrothermal, hydropressure, and electromagnetic energy sufficient enough to sustain our nutrient sources. We could make rechargeable batteries and what not.

Obviously my theory is unorthodox and counters everything you believe you've been told. This is because the sun is the source of all terrestrial biology. We have, however, crossed a threshold where our survival is not hinged directly on solar energy dependence. We can clone, for fucks sake. We could make swarms of animals, who's kinetic energy produces an elastic effect in the walls which they fly into, in an astronomical sized space tank, or rotating blue whales/whale sharks, swimming forward in tanks generating tides, etc. We have biological energy, the Earth's iron core's residual heat, and the moon's gravity.
              Originally posted by Yahoo!
              most scientists estimate that the sun will continue to burn brightly for another five billion years or so.
              - http://ask.yahoo.com/20040121.html
              Calm down.

Comment

hey remember that one time you said paris hilton was french? hahahaha

also, kthx is right
                wind (and its interaction with the sea floor) is actually the only thing that causes waves. the moon's gravitational pull affects tides, but not waves
                Last edited by Ilya; 07-31-2009, 11:01 AM.
                can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post
                  wind is actually the only thing that causes waves. the moon's gravitational pull affects tides, but not waves
                  Strictly speaking the Moon generates most of the wind by generating tides in the oceans of the Earth, by exerting a gravitational force on the mass of water on the surface as it orbits our planet, creating a slight, yet massive bulge in the ocean surface following the Moon's orbit.

So it's mostly ocean currents, generated by the Moon, and all of this moderated in various ways by temperature changes on the land masses, mountain chains in the path of air streams etc. that creates wind.

Comment

Trust me, we can harness biological kinetic energy within an infrastructure to recharge batteries. We may need to have lots of batteries, strategically located, but we can definitely produce extra. May have to collect the whale/shark excrement or alter it's digestive system. Sharks must keep moving or they die, and their death would be incorporated to compensate for a margin, if not all, perhaps by allowing them to fall into chutes which develop descent velocity and receive the shock of the fall many times without slowing it dramatically.

My idea was that we can use insects, which breed at exceedingly high levels, like 'reverse-plaguing' ourselves. They will hatch, use innate instincts to meander, and inevitably smack into surfaces where they don't belong. If the fabric was sensitive enough, it could cause a lot of vibration. A swarm of a billion flying into 'a stretched out latex glove' etc. We could use photosensitivy in maggots, timed with breeding cycles, to cause large cylinders to shift to one side or the other when the maggots swing the front half of their body in the direction of the light. The possibilities are limitless with their abundance and our bioengineering capability. The sum of the micro-collisions could lead to more energy produced than it took to get started. The cylinders would tilt and roll, land on each other with increased velocity from gravity caused by their positioning.

Anyways. I was also thinking about houses that gather kinetic force, or somehow assemble a conductive force, by humans using 'socks/shoes' which are circuited to release their natural positive and negative ions into the floors. The respiration would make clouds, and we could somehow harness the convective forces of our homeostatic efforts as a 6 billion man unit.

Comment

Strictly speaking the Moon generates most of the wind by generating tides in the oceans of the Earth, by exerting a gravitational force on the mass of water on the surface as it orbits our planet, creating a slight, yet massive bulge in the ocean surface following the Moon's orbit.

So it's mostly ocean currents, generated by the Moon, and all of this moderated in various ways by temperature changes on the land masses, mountain chains in the path of air streams etc. that creates wind.
                      That sure does seem to make a lot of sense. But I've been looking around and I haven't found anything support this. Where are you getting the information from?
                      Ну вот...

Comment

Sharks must keep moving or they die, and their death would be incorporated to compensate for a margin, if not all, perhaps by allowing them to fall into chutes which develop descent velocity and receive the shock of the fall many times without slowing it dramatically.
                        I actually lol'd at this.

Keep shooting out ideas, they're fun to think about. When I grow up, alternative energy is going to be my thing (no joke, getting ME in a couple of years and going to pursue it).
                        Ну вот...

Comment

It may sound inhumane, especially when I say 'whale shark' instead of great white, but with our engineering prowess, i am sure we can breed samples with progressively smaller prefrontal cortexes, where it is known that the personality and sense of self derives. We could probably even manage to build in apparatus which sends them from the wombs to the generating tanks but not without performing a full frontal lobotomy, in a swift painless motion, due to engineering which causes their cartilage to remove that section.

But that's just if we have hippies and fags crying about it. Generally we don't care if they are conscious, and their consciousness could actually be useful. We could get them to swim faster all at once by sending seal blood traces into the currents before them, utilizing their brain structures which evolved so long for some purpose. We could also probably make them 10x as large, 10x as muscular, and completely immune to pain because of anti-pain serums in the current, so when they get old and fall it's painless.

Comment

Imagine that we are energy independent in a space station, and have the earth's water circulating in a rotating torus around the planet. At this point, with our biological utilization and our most precious resource, we could literally bore through the earth's cooled mantle. We could attempt to use geothermal heat in direct contact with the single iron core crystal, which is the size of the moon. Here is where we should expect infrastructure composed of nanocomposite sol gels. As sick as it sounds, we could probably capture organisms which can tolerate the heat, but at all times scramble the opposite direction. Tunneling geoconvective escapees. Reverse biological tropisms. That's another thing we should harness. Plant tropisms. Imagine if the walls could breathe.

Comment

So now we have to genetically engineer seals to produce excess amounts of blood for the sharks. Or clone seals to kill for the sharks.

No word on the tides causing wind? I have an inkling that that's just a disorderly musing.
                              Ну вот...

Comment

Working...
                              X