Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9Dragons

Anyone here play it?
    It's like WoW but free and is based off of Martial Arts (highly exaggerated)
    http://9dragons.acclaim.com/overview.html

The White Clans
    Wutang
    Shaolin
    League of Beggers

The Black Clans
    Brotherhood of Thieves
    Sacred Flower
    Heavenly Demon

Once in a clan you can select a role (there's 4) which basically dictates what style of the martial art you are going to do, Whether it be training with a sword, using drunken fist, or a variety of chi kung (energy) attacks.

Also the PVP is friggen ridiculous cause you basically can either duel someone, or fucking start a war with an opposing clan (like wu-tang's counterpart is heavenly demon, or you can just have one massive all out war between the white clans and black clans)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqYUZ...eature=related

I'm in Wu-tang by the way on Nirvana (server you choose to play on)
    Last edited by gran guerrero; 09-15-2009, 04:49 PM.
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

I might give it a shot, but;

Originally posted by Gran
    Also the PVP is friggen ridiculous cause you basically can either duel someone, or fucking start a war with an opposing clan (like wu-tang's counterpart is heavenly demon, or you can just have one massive all out war between the white clans and black clans)
    I still think in terms of PvP, Darkfall has the gaming market cornered, I can't remember playing a game where I could fight people on open scale, as well as fight for entire cities in massive scale fighting. I've played games that have tried to do this, but none have ever been successful. Right now, until Darkfall dies I'll be contributing my $15 a month.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I tried this when Acclaim brought it out for Open Beta. Having to use the same skill to level it up was just too bothersome. I don't have much patience for grinding either, but that's in every MMO.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

a lot of problems happen during beta

it's not as hard to find good items on this game
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, beta is meant to deal with the bulk of problems. In no way does it represent a polished clean looking game. What does it for me is listening to the developers comments on what they want to do and how they plan on adressing issues and problems.

Darkfall for instance has had amazing communication with the fans, allowing themselves to be honest about the problems and changes - thus simply saying sometimes, we realize this is an issue and we plan on fixing it in the next patch in two to three weeks. Unless you're backed by Blizzard you can't afford to make changes instantly, sometimes it takes time but as long as the team are constantly working to improve the game then I have no problem being patient.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

well since blizzard basically dominates on all levels of computer games, I would have to say no contest srsly.

Only thing that catches my eye with 9dragons is that it's free and it's based off martial arts (which I love), so it's got my vote.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
              Yeah, beta is meant to deal with the bulk of problems. In no way does it represent a polished clean looking game. What does it for me is listening to the developers comments on what they want to do and how they plan on adressing issues and problems.

Darkfall for instance has had amazing communication with the fans, allowing themselves to be honest about the problems and changes - thus simply saying sometimes, we realize this is an issue and we plan on fixing it in the next patch in two to three weeks. Unless you're backed by Blizzard you can't afford to make changes instantly, sometimes it takes time but as long as the team are constantly working to improve the game then I have no problem being patient.
              For instance, all the continuum updates we've been waiting for so patiently.
              IF YOU EVER DREAM OF BEATING ME, YOU BETTER WAKE UP AND APOLOGIZE.

1:Vermillion Flame> crap, why is it so hard to grab just one newbie lol

1:Vermillion Flame> i've noticed that. a real lack of supply of players here

1:Vermillion Flame> i never thought a single newbie could be so precious
              yo dog, I heard you like driving, so we put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive
              Originally posted by tone
              no you son of a bitch debunker

Comment

At one point I gave it a shot. It's a fun game at first, but it quickly becomes tiresome and repetitively unoriginal about a quarter way through. For a free game though, it's pretty good.
                Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                -Buddha

Comment

Reminds me of Quake in TWL last season.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

In terms of monetary success, yes Blizzard has kicked ass. I love Diablo 2, and a lot of the older Warcraft games, but WoW is just a big flaming pile of shit. I realize how they control the MMO market, but people are cutting themselves short playing that game. There's a lot better games out there that offer real interactive elements, not just the same monotenous bullshit that comes from a game that refuses to allow players to control a lot of the game or political landscape. To me, an MMO is either a sandbox or it's a waste of time.

A user posted this on a response to a writer on MMORPG calling Darkfall a Museum type of game.

A sandbox game most often for MMOs implies a world that exists but the players are able to alter it to make it their own from economy control right down to land ownership. A world where the player exists but can define his own role it in it using provided tools for crafting, warfare, or even social activity.
                    No matter what all games are going to have some sort of parameters, but the point is to create a world where you don't limit people with what they can and can't do.

Comment

So basically life is like a sandbox?
                      sigpic

Comment

Tried it last year, it was fun until it got repetitive.

Comment

well thing is, it's fun at first, then boring, then fun again.

It kind of goes with the training of your style. It takes longer to get accepted by Wutang, and it takes next to nothing to be accepted by League of Beggars, so it differs. You can't start new quests until you level, and you can't level unless you do some boring grinding (which is basically killing as much as you can).

So some of you who gave up cause it got repetitive is because you probably don't have much patience to get through the first hump.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                            A user posted this on a response to a writer on MMORPG calling Darkfall a Museum type of game. blah blah blah
                            So you mean EVE. :P
                            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                              I'm in Wu-tang
                              shh my wife might find out
                              Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                              1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                              Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                              caco <ER>> )Oo
                              caco <ER>> bot thief!
                              caco <ER>> duel me for it
                              Evasive <E> no!
                              Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Working...
                              X