• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The EU - Democracy in action :)

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1003/eulisbon1.html

OK well first of all
    1) i couldn't vote in this as i live in the North of Ireland
    2) i would have voted Yes to begin with if i had of bothered to vote
    3) Ireland shouldn't have got a vote in the first place when none of the other countries did.

but it's pretty much a joke - the first time this was up, what ppl where voting for was poorly misunderstood and the No campaign spread fear and nationalist pride to get a No vote.

However that would have fucked up the EU's plans so they went
    EU> wtf Ireland, we meant you to vote Yes you fecken eejits go vote again and get it right this time you dumb shits.
    Ireland> wtf vote again ? isn't that stupid since we just voted on this and got a no ? isn't that the democratic process ? how do we justify going, hey public you got a choice between yes and no wrong - vote again ???
    EU> like i give a shit just do it biatch or your AXED from my squad
    Ireland>ehm ok

so Ireland went hmm how do we pass this, the no campaign went with confusion and fear, that seemed to work well, lets try that!!

Ireland> Hey guys, OMG recession vote yes !!! ahhhh >< recession omg !!! yes! cures that arghyhe h vote yes fer EU

public> wait a sec haven't we already voted on this ?

Ireland> yeah but you see the thing about that is, ehm ....<cough mumble incoherently> and thats a lucky thing for us since the world has changed since the banks where found out to be greedy, that totaly shook the world, last vote doesn't count , that was in a different world free of greedy banks destabilising our economy!

public> what?!? don't see what thats got to do with a revote ? i'm confused and also frightened of the way Irelands economy sucks cuase of them there banks... Yes i'll vote YES !!!

And so the Democratic process, where ppl vote on things they don't understand for reasons they picked out of a common babble of misinformation, trundles on merrily now it has inverted a vote to get the result it wants. :greedy:
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

At least Ireland got a revote. In the Netherlands we had a vote once and we said No, so the government said fuck it, we will say yes anyway.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I am very pleased with the result. The way it got to be approved may not be pretty, but there's no doubt in my mind that we'll all be better off in the end. Of course there are always going to be people in denial, but they have been proven wrong for over 50 years so far.

Comment

democracy in action: if you don't get your way, keep holding referendums until you do. that way, you get what you want and everyone else thinks they've gotten what they want. brilliant!
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
        X