Joe Lieberman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Lieberman

Failed us in 2000. Failed us for giving 2008 RNC opening address. Now failing us in the Senate.

You call yourself left-leaning, I call you an obstacle to true health care reform.
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

thank god for joe!
    4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
    4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
    4:Geio> DEEZ?
    4:Geio> LOLOL
    4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
    4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
    4:spirit> LOL
    4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
    4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

We just need to hold out until mid term elections and this bullshit bill will die

You're out of your mind if you think this is "true healthcare reform"
      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Republicans critique the Democratic proposal in 4 ways:

- it will kill jobs

In order to pay for the bill, Obama outlines a plan of taxing the top 1.2%. You're argument here, unless I'm missing something, is that small business owners will have less incentive to hire if taxed.

The assumption being from what I've read that small business owners would report financial income as personal, instead of business income (why the fuck). However, this was refuted by House democrats after the citation that less than 5% of business owners fall under this category.

- it will raise taxes on the middle class

This argument is under the assumption that economic times will continue to be at these levels for the next 10 years. Ignorant of predicted and foreseeable government revenue through economic growth. Even assuming minimal economic growth, this bill is expected to be deficit neutral over the next 10 years.

-limited access to healthcare

I believe this argument arises after the fact the 97% of Americans will be insured after the proposal. If someone can back up this argument in anyway feel free.

-government takeover of healthcare in the public option

this is a very opinionated point (see BlueDogs.

If the government offers an insurance plan, a staple of Public Services is the lack of motivation for the government to maximize profit. Their main objective is providing, not taking. Economics 101. Imagine that, a company uninterested in profits competing with money hungry HMOs like Aetna, Kaiser, and Anthem.

Republicans use this point as a scare tactic. Prodding those moderate-conservative types to despise anything with the words "public option".

Sure it's not perfect, but what efforts have we seen from the last president? Clinton tried and failed. Bush Jr, was too busy declaring mission accomplished 8 years before the war ended.
        Last edited by paradise!; 12-16-2009, 01:25 AM.
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

they dropped the public option...compromised it away...fuck the dems, the bill is essentially worthless now...

sure pass the insurance reform and shit, that will do some good i suppose

dropping medicare down to 55 is just plain dumb...make a system that is predicted to go in the red in the next 15 yrs available to the baby boomers??? say bye bye in 5 yrs.

no public option = no real point and an overall loss for the dems.

fuck them all, and their god damn compromises

/end heavily medicated rant
          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
          Originally posted by kthx
          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

No private insurance company could survive a "public option" because a private insurance company is in business to create a profit and can't run in the red, while the government can and does run in the red so can basically "give" insurance away, even though it would be meaningless. So yes, it would kill plenty of jobs in the insurance industry which is 25% of our economy.

There are tax increases not just for the middle class, but across the entire board included with the passing of this plan.

I am just glad is it going to fail, and then after the next election cycle in 2010 we won't have to worry about any more shitty bills like this getting passed.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
              they dropped the public option...compromised it away...fuck the dems, the bill is essentially worthless now...

sure pass the insurance reform and shit, that will do some good i suppose

dropping medicare down to 55 is just plain dumb...make a system that is predicted to go in the red in the next 15 yrs available to the baby boomers??? say bye bye in 5 yrs.

no public option = no real point and an overall loss for the dems.

fuck them all, and their god damn compromises

/end heavily medicated rant
              oh the irony

Comment

Working...
              X