No announcement yet.

Job hopping - the defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old hippies are usually arrogant capitalists.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
      But I consider the highest use of wealth not simply make more and more money but rather to use wealth for the betterment of life. In this I find happiness.
      I can not help others if I can not even take a good care of myself. And to be honest if I indeed became filthy rich (say with hundreds of millions of dollars), do you think I would spend it all on myself? Of course I would have to make sure I will live comfortably for the rest of my life, but I don't need to live in the most extravagant house and expensive cars and jewelry don't fancy me (although lobsters and nice clothes do).

If I ever had the motivation to be super rich it was for : 1) people I love 2) a worthy cause I believe in. Unfortunately, I am slightly selfish, and that's why I always choose how interesting the job is over how much I am getting paid in a job. I deserve to be happy and I don't think that's something to be ashamed of.

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
      You've always sounded kind of depressive to me, with all your random posts on this board and your semi-philosophical questions about what the point of life was, what the point or working was and so on.
      Yes, I have concerns and they sometimes that make me unhappy. But when there are no external facts, I tend to be happy and I can always find things to amuse myself when I am not constrained by other things. In fact, my friends and ex-colleagues occasionally ask me why do I have that cheeky smile on my face. The truth is it is probably because my imagination has turned some mundane affairs humours.

Life is full of temptation, I enjoy a lot things: be that swimming with the fishes or hiking on a scenic route, even assembling furnitures, producing of innovative, high performance softwares, or training for an cross country cycling competition. But I also enjoying coming to this forum to write my opinions.

If my threads tend to sound depressive it is because it is a bit silly to come to a forum and start a thread on how I had male colleague whose tummy grew faster than a pregnant woman's or this female boss was so protective of people under her, she reminded me of a aggressive mother hen.
      ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Working...
      X