Pests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pests

How come we seem to have such a hard time exterminating them?

Cockroachs, fleas, ants - we Humans have driven many species into extinction unintentionally. How come us, such a inintelligent, resourceful, hardworking specie, never seem to get rid of the thing we intensionally wanting to fix?

Why do we find difficult to get rid of those things that are 100, no! 1000 times smaller, simplier than us?

-p.s. I hate fleas. <_<
    ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

well we "accidentally" destroy species by eradicating habitat and out competing them in general for food or even over hunting/fishing , whereas the ones you listed we actually provide habitat and resources for them as by products of our society

the smaller the animal generaly the more numerous the population and faster the generation/breeding rate so they have high amounts of offspring and ability to adapt and pass on evolutionary advances quickly so the harder it is to entirely eradicate it, look at warfarin resistance in rats or DDT resistance in mosquitoes and in general the WHO campaign against mosquitoes in the 60's as a good example.

humans are definitely having a big impact on the environment and cuaseing alot of animals to go extinct but that is very different to deliberately eliminating a thriving species, which we generally dont try to do but create industry in controlling it instead

speaking of ants and extinction i thought it was interesting that there is a super colony of south American ants with the aid of humans has colonised the globe and driven out a lot of native ant species http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth...00/8127519.stm
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Comment

it's all your fault telcat
      sigpic
      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Your problem is a fox among hounds.
        Confused by different memories,
        Details of Asian remedies...
        Conversations, of what's become of enemies.
        My brain thinks bomb-like,
        So I listen, he's a calm type.

Comment

it's official, telcat shall be given her own forum
          Condom> sometimes I lose on purpose just to remember what it feels like

Comment

and it shall be called genital discussion
            Originally posted by Tone
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

This thread is inintelligent
                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm