Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big is the World Cup where you are from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched Cameroon vs Denmark today, was a hell of a game, and Cameroon was exciting to watch even though they lost out.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
      soccer is definitely a minority sport here. my brother and his friends are keeping on it cuz they play, but quite frankly, the state of louisiana drinks too much to be up that early.

now that the nba is over more people are tuning in, but mainly in the sense that they'll watch anything if its competitive and one can bet on it.

personally... i hate ties.
      exactly. i dont know where youre from jerome but this is especially true in new orleans. ive yet to see a single countrys flag, but i still see saints flags all the time.

also, galleleo, why are you in japan/ getting your picture taken?
      http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

Comment

Its not huge here in Michigan, but there are a few groups of people I know who follow it religiously. One of my buddies who I played indoor with a couple of years ago replays the days games every night on a projector in his backyard. BYOB, let me know if you wanna come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAjWi663kXc

Comment

I'm in Japan because I'm doing research for my master thesis, visiting companies and having interviews (but really mostly I'm just being a tourist). And we got our picture taken because we (the others from my uni and the uni in Amsterdam) were all dressed in Orange and after the match all the Japanese people stopped us to congratulate us and take a picture with us, etc. A group dressed completely in Orange kind of stands out against people all dressed in Blue.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

The games are on at a pretty decent hour in NYC, so I can usually here them on AM radio in the mornings. Pretty much every Manhattan bar is closed though in the morning, but I did see that Carnegie Deli had today's Portugal/Korea game on. As far as a fanbase, nothing consistent. Mostly bandwagon fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
              Mostly bandwagon fans.
              I don't buy that for NYC, that place has so many foreigners, there has to be tons of people following it and tons of places where you can watch the games
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Holland turns orange:

Last edited by Dutch_; 06-22-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post

A ball is a round object with various uses. It is usually spherical but can be ovoid.
                  I suppose if you want to call it handegg, then we can call soccer 'foot sphere'.

Also, that arrow is pointing to his elbow.

Comment

Also the other arrow is pointing to the ankle, obviously whomever made this picture fails. Typical soccer should be football fan.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Tomorrow at work I scheduled a lunch meeting between the interns and the newest member of the actuarial department at the company I'm interning at this summer. Sadly, the rest of the interns have another meeting to go to, so only me and the new actuary can go.

The newest actuary is a hot 22 year old and we're going to a bar to watch the World Cup. Ssssh.
                      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                      1:Chao <ER>> at all
                      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

where is canada on would cup ???

Comment

The World Cup itself isn't that huge in NZ, but the results that we've got have been. Considering we're a country of 4 million people, with only 25 professional football players, we have done very well. It may have been fair to have written us off before the tournament, but I think the All Whites team has showen that they are here to play.
                          "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                          • Shark
                          • Dicer
                          • Sager
                          • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

the all whites team? Sounds like my kind of country.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                              the all whites team? Sounds like my kind of country.
                              The All Blacks are a much more popular team, on a worldwide level, but that would be talking about Rugby. Will leave that for the next Rugby World Cup discussion. Brings back memories though of the Rugby WC in SA in `95.
                              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Brazilllllllllllll Brasillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                                “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”
                                -Albert Einstein

- Web / Bots Developer
                                -Bots / Systems creator
                                -Pub Money creator[/B]

Comment

Working...
                                X