No announcement yet.

G20 in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so fucking sick and tired of the worlds politicians trying to keep the population in 1280x1024 resolution, I mean its fucking 2010 and its about damn time that they let us live our lives in full beautiful 1900xsomethingorother resolution. Who the fuck wants to live a 1280x1024 resolution life anymore in this day and age of technology.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
      haha makes you think but ya you're totally right. I saw a Toronto city councilman talking about how his requests to have the summit event somewhere other than downtown Toronto where it would be much less expensive and easy to secure were denied. My guess is they want all the police - protester drama so that everyone has their eyes on the show outside, and no one really wonders 1. why world leaders from supposed democratic governments are meeting behind closed doors, and 2. what policy they are discussing and putting into place. if no one showed up at all, then they'd be like, um, boys, i think we totally lost em. but seriously, 1.2 billion spent, and i'm gonna guess that you guys didn't vote to spend 1.2 bil, or to host the summit, or to pass that secret 'we can search anyone' legislation. Canada and USA both such fake democracies.
      Oh yeah... totally... I mean,

Why would the overlords go into hiding like that? That would be a sign of weakness. Citizens need to be reminded as to who has the power. What better place to taunt and coerce the public than Canada?

Canada isn't seen as a violent nation. But show 2 cop cars burning and all that changes. All of a sudden, the military force that government represents is justified, even in a nation like Canada.

However, look at it closer. 1.2 billion spent on security; a security force of thousands of police officers armed in full riot gear that have gone through extensive training, yet they can't stop a dozen or so unarmed citizens from seizing an area and burning 2 cop cars?

It's a good thing all those police were there, huh? Otherwise the entire city would have been flattened.

Message of the day:

Without government, there would be chaos.
      Without government, people would behave uncivilized.

It's not like the days of old where it was musket vs musket. Or sword and board vs sword and board. The military might of the state today just dwarfs any citizen uprising. One cannot fight the system head on. All that happens is justification of their position. And they know this. That's why they infiltrate the protestor groups.

All those protestors would've had a better time at Porcupine Fest -- which was pretty much going on at the very same time.

Protesting is like a slave begging his master to change his behavior. Sure, it can effect change, but the problem remains the same. You're still slave, and he is still master.
      Last edited by Tigron-X; 07-01-2010, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X