some bulllllshit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some bulllllshit

my brother got pulled over last night for not using his blinker (he used his blinker), and the cop then checked his ID and said it was suspended (it wasn't). he then wrote him a ticket for driving with a suspended license, having no registration (he had registration) and no insurance (he had insurance).

this isn't the first time this has happened. my ex-girlfriend had her license suspended over unpaid traffic tickets, and she finally paid them off and got her license back - only to drive through a traffic checkpoint and get a ticket for not having a license. my question is, how the fuck is that even legal? or possible? my brother had his license revoked temporarily after his DUI, but he's definitely had it back for quite some time. it seems like whatever system they use to check this should be.. i dunno, more up-to-date?

i mean, broseph has kept his shit sparkling since he caught a charge, and this sort of thing could stand to fuck up his post-DUI legal process. and i am also 98% positive that it will just take a phone call to our city's most corrupt lawyer to make it all go away for a price... but it seems unjust to put all of that monetary pressure on someone who has literally done nothing wrong, while the police can continue to use a faulty system to keep ticketing people who shouldn't be ticketed.

it's some bulllllshit!
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

That's actually right in line with what I'm fighitng in my case.

It's abuse of police power for monetary gain.

Either no one has the money or the time/nerve to fight this kind of abuse. It costs roughly $100,000 just to begin taking a case to the supreme court. People with that kind of money just pay the tickets and go on about their day. I mean, who would opt for the added stress of fighting a traffic case? Even if your tickets added up to $300 annually, that's still cheaper than $100k plus the time lost fighting the case and the added stress.

The less fortunate, who suffer the most, go back and forth like you mentioned. But, no one is going to listen to these people because they don't have the money to hire a lawyer who is willing to rock the boat with the judge. No lawyer is going to fuck with his/her own meal ticket by pissing off the judge or altering the legal system -- he/she has other cases in that court room.

Your ex-gf is lucky she's not in FL. She would've been arrested on the spot for a suspended license. And as an added bonus, odds are that the charge, RESISTING ARREST W/O VIOLENCE, would've been added on to make matters worse.

Comment

So what's going to happen to him? Just going to be given a fine or is he getting arrested? (did he get arrested?)

either way, he's got to take this to court or it'll be on his record. It's not often cops do this shit, but when they do it stands out like a sore thumb. They can be real dicks, but a lot of them are cool. My girlfriend's friend's husband is in a DEA unit, he basically told me to not mention any drugs around him and everything would be alright.

We smoked a fatty the other night though, so I don't see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigron-X View Post
        That's actually right in line with what I'm fighitng in my case.

It's abuse of police power for monetary gain.
        Originally posted by Xog View Post
        So what's going to happen to him? Just going to be given a fine or is he getting arrested? (did he get arrested?)

either way, he's got to take this to court or it'll be on his record
        I don't think it's an automatic arrest here... but when I think about it, it seems like someone with no license, no registration, and no insurance would be arrested on the spot. i would expect that and were i an officer i would do that. but he let my brother (who according to the ticket had a suspended license, no registration, and no insurance) drive home. that does seem sort of bizarre.
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

The only thing I can think of is the officer was about to get off shift.

Comment

arrest quotas.
            4:BigKing> xD
            4:Best> i'm leaving chat
            4:BigKing> what did i do???
            4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
            4:BigKing> ???? why though
            4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
            4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Anger at not being able to beat annoying black people and kill illegal immigrants who are drunk driving.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

and if your brother attempted to proclaim unfair treatment or abuse of police powers he would have been swiftly electrocuted... land of the free eh?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                  Anger at not being able to beat annoying black people and kill illegal immigrants who are drunk driving.
                  Wark, watch your tone a little bit, it seems like you are advocating racism, hate-crimes, and genocide.

And no, I'm not a liberal. Just beign a friend watching your back. Forum-wise.... Ahem.

Comment

LOL knew hms was liberal. Off wit his head!
                    TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
                    2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
                    TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
                    TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
                    cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
                    Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by curse View Post
                      LOL knew hms was liberal. Off wit his head!
                      Well, If i was liberal, Id be all over punishing wark. Maybe a nice forum ban, hoping that by banning him, hed learn his lesson and come back fixed.

Comment

passive aggressive ++

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by H.M.S. Stargazer View Post
                          He'd learn his lesson and come back fixed.
                          He's already had a kid so cutting off his balls won't do much.

Comment

If you let me off with a warning why did Ara go ahead and give me an infraction for that very unracist comment.

killing someone who is drunk driving isn't a hate crime, it is just saving an unsuspecting family.

killing illegal immigrants isn't genocide, it is just killing the ones who break the law not the entire Spanish race.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Yes, tell us more, tell us how irrational and disconnected from reality you really are.

Comment

Working...
                              X