Who here still plays Trench Wars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here still plays Trench Wars?

I haven't logged in for more than a few minutes in months, and haven't actually 'played' in a year. How about you guys?
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Well... been awhile since I did more than shot some stuff in public arena or played an event.

Even when I login I mainly chat.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Same as you epi.

It just always seems that when I played pub like 10/12 years ago the game was a lot more fun than it is now. Probably has to do with both the changes in game as well as me being 10/12 years older.
      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

quit playing when I didnt get drafted in the draft league. I ended up re-installing diablo 2 LOD and have been hooked on that ever since. Reformatted the computer about a month ago and have no intentions of ever installing this game again.
        8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Still play everyday, its nice to watch the unknown/bad warbirds improve and get better in wbduel and elim.

Also, hockey is pretty popular at the minute.

Comment

anytime i have access to a windows computer, i install and play. but like 90% of the people i know, myself & pave included, have macs. on my laptop i use drbrain's chatnut client to connect but noone is ever online anymore

right now i have a pretty decent desktop pc here that i let J-MITCH THE ALL-STARRRR borrow but that asshole didn't give me the goddamn cords and cables back.
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I get on quite a bit. Public is a lot more fun now, especially when we have 75+ people playing at 1 time it gets pretty competative. I haven't even played pub in years, and with the pub bucks system it's really become fun again like it used to be.

I'm active in TWBR promoting the game, and everything is looking great so far, exceeding our expectations. With all the different promotions we are doing, I have no doubt we'll have some "new blood" here soon. We even have the pub bot put a message on our TWBR chat telling us who the new players are (it auto-alias checks to make sure they are NEW players - then alerts chat). We can then message that new player, help them get going and give them a reason to come back!

We have cash events every weekend, so players can now win real $ USD for the weekend events. This will also help in promoting the game since we can now say you can win money by playing this game. Right now the prizes aren't too high ($25 per game or $125 for tournament), but once we get more sponsors, donations and income coming into the zone, we'll be able to raise the prizes and have more events every week.

The new !tutorial function is awesome, thanks to Flared for that and should help a lot of the new players who enter the game and don't know what to do.

We are also creating Pure Pub squads, specificially designed for these new players so that they can experience more than just public freq basing. We'll eventually wean them into TWD if that's what they want to do.

Anyways, I just wanted to comment that this zone isn't dieing, isn't going to die. You'll see. Hopefully you'll come back in 6 months or and see all the work we are doing paying off.

Cya around,

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

thats what you get for buying a $1200 paperweight
                JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

zidane> 24/7
                  DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                  DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                  DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                  DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                  DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                  DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                  1:waven> is if im going to prison
                  1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

i don't really "play" all that much

but i certainly spend too much time staffing in-game and on the forums

i'll burn out within 6 months and then disappear for at least another 6

such is the circle of subspace life
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                      thats what you get for buying a $1200 paperweight
                      2500*
                      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

Don't play more than 5 mins at a time anymore. Ever since I quit being a mod early this year TW has basically changed to something that I don't really recognize. Events don't get hosted, everyone is shoved into one pub, levs don't even work like levs anymore, etc etc. Plus all my old peeps don't play anymore either, so I don't really have an incentive. Still fun to check in once in awhile!
                        TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                        TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                        TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                          such is the circle of subspace life
                          +1
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

nah, that game sucks
                            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

what is a trench wars
                              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Working...
                              X