Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does cold make you stupid?

Right here in Brooklyn

Yeah, public transportation was shut off in my area and there was no way for me to go to work. My boss was nice enough to let me stay home instead of me paying $15ish taxi fare to get to a workable train station. The problem is, the trains near me are all still shut down 18 hours later and have no idea what I should do for tomorrow. Suck it up and pay the taxi fare?

Opinions?

buy a car.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

is that you narrating?

edit: also, reasons why the south (us) is better. this is it
      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

no and no :\

riding the train is both faster and significantly cheaper to get into the city from brooklyn than owning a car. Unlimited public transportation per month for $86. There are over 90 different bus lines here in New York and over 30 different train lines. I can get anywhere quickly for just two bucks. If I lived in say, Texas, I'd definitely own a car. But having a car here makes little sense unless you travel out of state or have the extra cash laying around. I'm currently paying 80% of the bills because my fiance is going for grad school and working 4 part time jobs in-between classes, which only averages about 8-10hrs per week for her. Not enough funds considering I'm still paying off my loan and she's paying for school. And we're also saving for the wedding, to boot.

oh and even if I were to drive to work, it would cost me $10 to get into the city for the tunnel, not to mention gas and how long it would take for me to get there due to the snow. Edit: LOL and in addition, $30/hr parking in the city. Unless I feel like going down and filling quarters in the meter all day.
        Last edited by Xog; 12-27-2010, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Maybe you shouldn't live and work in such a shitty town.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I know ugh I want to move out of here so bad. We're just kind of stuck here though ya know? Can't even afford to move out.

Comment

one month of rent and transportation in NY could move you to a better city and get you a down payment on a cheap car and a cheap apartment thats bigger than whatever you live in now.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                one month of rent and transportation in NY could move you to a better city and get you a down payment on a cheap car and a cheap apartment thats bigger than whatever you live in now.
                one month of rent here is $1,200. The housing market here is crazy expensive because transportation is so available and convenient so less people buy cars, which means more people can pay more for rent. In places like Texas etc., apartments are quite cheap like $500-$650 (i just looked on craigslist) and the other money you make allows you the luxury of a car or truck, but you still just about break even at the end of the month with someone from say, Brooklyn, who doesn't have a car. Just because we don't have a car doesn't mean we're saving more money. It's hella expensive out here. Same thing as philly, boston etc. and heavily populated areas with public transportation. It's just more expensive because of it.

Before moving I would have to buy the car, and secure a job in the place I'd be moving to. Not to mention the cost of moving everything over there (here we just hire the mexicans sitting on the corner with tool belts in the morning), security pay, and utility setup charges. It's just too expensive.

Comment

RE: Does cold make you stupid?

No, it only makes paradise more stupid.
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

They knew what they were doing, just didnt care... Not like citizens have rights anymore.
                    sigpic

Comment

Rubbin' is racin', cole!!!!
                      Fuck it.

Comment

This guy raging is pretty sad. Also.. wtf is he not wearing clothing?
                        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                          I know ugh I want to move out of here so bad. We're just kind of stuck here though ya know? Can't even afford to move out.
                          dude if rent is 1200 a month, you can afford like 4 months' rent in a decent apartment or even house down here in the highland area

for whatever reasons, it's possible for someone to move here with like zero money and still be able to live a bit before you actually need to make money. if you ever want to visit the south i could most likely find you a place to stay, sadly we don't like no faggots (actually shreveport is pretty gay i know way too many gay people)

p.s. ilya how did you like that inch of snow

p.p.s. ilya
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

it was wild. i was worried i wouldn't be able to get to Costco to buy new contact lens solution.
                            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post
                              No, it only makes paradise more stupid.
                              woops, almost slipped off my nuts there fit of rage.

oh yeah this thread: get rocked new york
                              4:BigKing> xD
                              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                              4:BigKing> what did i do???
                              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                              4:BigKing> ???? why though
                              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                              4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Working...
                              X