Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ilya - The Beef Straganoff was fucking excellent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ilya - The Beef Straganoff was fucking excellent.

I couldn't take pics, wife left the digital camera at the office or something but it was great I just tossed in some chopped shallots everywhere they had you sauteeing garlic and onions.

Also I simmered that sauce for like... 12 hours or so, was fucking spectacular.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

someone at work brought these in http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...Cheese-Squares and i'm going to make them this weekend. they were delicious

what does "lightly greased baking pan" mean? how do i grease it? do i just spray it with pam or what
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

yeah or real butter.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Some people use Crisco (mmmm trans fats), lard, pam would work too I suppose. light coating of butter too. Anything along those lines would work.

Also, this looks fantastic -- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
        Fuck it.

Comment

got any good recipes for casseroles?
          can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

nah.. not really a casserole person.

But I guess make some cuban ground beef with cumin, bay leaves, and olive oil and stuff, and then slice a bunch of zucchinis like really thinly and make layers in the dish, and then combine some salt, pepper, and olive oil in a cup and slightly pour some on each layer of zucchini.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

]

i made tortilla soup minus the tortillas, so i think i'll just call it salsa soup

24oz salsa, mild
              1 tomato
              half an onion
              1 can corn
              1 can kidney beans
              1 can navy beans
              1 3/4 lbs of ground chicken
              serve with shredded cheese or cream cheese

smells awesome and tastes great. next time i think i'll probably use beef instead of chicken and possibly use 64oz of salsa and double everything except the beans. and add cilantro.

Comment

link to beef stroganoff post? this sounds like a great dish to cleanse my colon
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                  link to beef stroganoff post? this sounds like a great dish to cleanse my colon
                  http://www.fivestarfoodie.com/2011/0...troganoff.html is the recipe kthx is talking about, i believe

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post
                    http://www.fivestarfoodie.com/2011/0...troganoff.html is the recipe kthx is talking about, i believe
                    excellent. what i'm after is that sauce, mainly. i just perfected my pad thai sauce and now it is time for a decent stroganoff sauce

internet de la jerome

Comment

Yeah the sauce is spectacular man, I actually made another batch of it a week after I made it the first time and just used it on pasta and froze the rest. BTW I suggest doing some roasted shallots in there also, and cooking it so it like.. simmers for about 6-8 hours. The veggies had disintegrated into the sauce and it was really thick by then. Also maybe add a bit more tomato paste than they suggested.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

that soup looks good Ilya, but the pour looks messy.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

it was my 2nd bowl! the first one was full

i am real bad at taking food pics though

Comment

i can't say i've ever had beef stroganoff that wasn't a) hamburger helper or b) cafeteria food, so i am kinda excited about this. gonna hit up the grocer wed-nes-day

the recipe is made with potatoes - is that better than pasta?

i'm usually not the kinda guy who prepares foods hours and hours in advance, but if it's for a sauce, i suppose i can make an attempt. $$

internet de la jerome

Comment

People still use Teflon? You realise that shit is more toxic than asbestos?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X