Serious Life Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Life Question

I know this is most likely the worst place to ask this sort of question, but I don't frequent any forums, well including this one. And I have no interest in googling some life coaching/self help/ask lucy type shit and then registering for it.

Simple question.

What do you do if you are very skilled at a certain life task, let's say whether it be helping people, math, architecture, computer programming, so be it, you get it. But, it's not what you would like out of life.

Moreover, you would prefer to work in another field, or you dream of pursuing another field whether because it pays more, or because of the lifestyle that it brings.
    1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

allow details n dr.cres help u

a) wut r u good at

b) wut do u wish 2 become

c) wut factors preventing u from becoming wut u wish 2 become
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

ilya pretty much summed it up.

do what makes you happy.

end of discussion.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Work sucks in general... so if you're actually good at something then do it to make more money than you would at anything else and spend less time working overall.

If what you're good at (and don't like) makes no money then why do it?
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

I agree with Epi..do what will make you the most money..it may not be what you "want" to do at the moment..but you can build towards that goal. I started my blogsite about 5 years ago and just recently (past year or so) I've started reaping the benefits of it. Hard work really does pay off and you gotta make the most of what you do in the meantime.
            "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
            Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
            " - Tyler the Creator
            Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

do what you love.
              love what you do.

meaning of life.

that being said: do what pays you first. then you can fund the first two statements.
              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

buncha capitalist pigs in this thread!

:hippy:
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

you blow yourself up
                  sigpic
                  All good things must come to an end.

Comment

It really depends on what you need to achieve self actualization. If work is just something you use to pay the bills while you do what you really like as a hobby on the side it doesn't matter what your job is.
                    USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

No apt, no matter how much you want to you can't play TW professionally.
                      'why cant i just find sometione who lwill love me and wont hmake me lose weight or change the perosjn who i am' -Pandagirl!
                      'but im fucking hot im 12 years younger thanhim why is that noe tnougj??' -Pandagirl!
                      'i mean i was f cuking fit model for vistoria's secret what g8y wioujldn't wanthtatr? he worked asa plstic surgeon forawhile and he said i had aperfect boobs....' -Pandagirl!

LaSenza ⇐ left Epidemic Jun. 5, 2011 - 14:57

Comment

The day will come Trenchwars pays me for internal QA.
                        Keith> you don't need to eat human to eat meat.
                        Goddess> Keith
                        Goddess> gonna eat you

We got Burg <ER> and Steak <ER>, i already told them Goddess has a huge appetite! ?go PIE -H.M.S. Stargazer

(disown)> he loved to give head

Comment

I used to believe that you should always do what makes you happy. I no longer think that at all, sometimes it ruins what makes you happy. For example if collecting coins is something that makes you intrinsically happy, opening a retail coin shop or getting into the coin business can easily turn what was once an enjoyment into nothing more than a job. I did what I enjoyed for the first quarter of my working career, when you are young being poor but happy doesn’t seem to be a bad thing. But I found that being poor got old pretty fast, induced extra stress and I began not being able to envision achieving some of things I wanted to do in my life. I also realized that in this world the highest paying jobs were also the jobs that generally carried more stress. So if I was going to deal with stress, why not get well paid for it? Plus by separating my ‘job world’ from my ‘what I enjoy world’ I find that overall I am generally happier.

If you don’t believe me about this, consider TW. How many people have joined staff and dev team to only look up one day and think, ‘this shit sucks, why am I doing this’? They took something they enjoyed but it turned it into something that they no longer like at all.
                          eph

Comment

Post on internet forums while at boring engineering job during day.

Race motorcycles e'ry night.

Live happy (maybe short) life! :nice:
                            TWLD CHAMP x1 Fierce (Benched 100%)
                            WORKOUT TITLES:

BENCH MAX: I don't sit on benches; I can't get back up
                            CURL MAX: An entire ham
                            SQUAT MAX: 566lbs
                            DEADLIFT MAX: 566lbs
                            WEIGHT: 566lbs HEIGHT: 5'1" (Medically impossible, according to Discovery Channel)
                            BODYFAT:97%
                            TIME SINCE FIRST WORKOUT EVER: Whatout?

Comment

Do what makes good money during the day so you can go out and spend said money on a bunch of other shit that makes you happy in your off time.
                              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Working...
                              X