How much do we really use Flash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do we really use Flash?

Honest question. I'm thinking about getting a tablet and are down to either the Galaxy Tab 10.1 or the iPad 2, which I can get at a 25% discount through a friend who works at apple.

I have not played with the galaxy tab but they say it's like a prettier version of the Moto Xoom, which I thought was bulky compared to the ipad. Thoughts?
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Fuck Apple.
    sigpic

Comment

everyone will be using HTML5 by the end of 2012. More sites than you realize do use it, but to be honestthe sites that use flash the most are not going to be the kinds of sites you will be visiting on your tablet.
      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

I use Flash and Ghost all the time. Sometimes Exhaust. Never Revive.

Comment

you really still play that shitty game phat?
          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

whaaaat phat wat name you play under?
            sigpic
            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

is this now a League of Legends thread? add me, DoTheFandango lol
              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

If you got a friend request from Fouladi, that's me
                sigpic
                All good things must come to an end.

Comment

android is the better platform

open source wins

every

single

time
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I play under TobiasFumke. I'll add u fools.

Comment

I have an iPad and frequently encounter stuff I can't see. Websites are generally okay, but you just can't view any videos or special content which sometimes sucks.
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

flash can be pretty horrible but some sites seem to love it :S

my da is an artist and browses paintings online from auction houses, they use flash for their galleries to provide zoom and to make it harder to dl the images. So there are loads of things like that you dont expect and not just the awesomeness of flash based games :P

i guess what you could do to test it out is use firefox or a browser on your computer and disable the flash plug-in and see how it affects your day to day web browsing. i'd be pretty pissed off if i bought an expensive tablet and couldn't use some sites that use flash, i dont really see the appeal of tablets, i'd rather a smart phone or a laptop
                        In my world,
                        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                          android is the better platform

open source wins

every

single

time
                          I agree with ya on this on both sides of the coin. Most sites are moving, if not done so already, to a CMS style site. Flash may be an added accent to to Header image or be used in a way to make a menu have a bit of good looks. To me Flash is not all that important, and as was noted earlier, the sites you would visit using a tablet would not necessarily be in the Flash dept. It's kind of ok for Galleries and other uses for media....but there is always an option over Flash. I personally do not miss using Flash in websites as it takes forever to do a simple edit. HTC for the win
                          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

If you get an iPad have fun with a completely locked down tablet and not being able to do shit on it without iTunes on hand 24/7.
                            'why cant i just find sometione who lwill love me and wont hmake me lose weight or change the perosjn who i am' -Pandagirl!
                            'but im fucking hot im 12 years younger thanhim why is that noe tnougj??' -Pandagirl!
                            'i mean i was f cuking fit model for vistoria's secret what g8y wioujldn't wanthtatr? he worked asa plstic surgeon forawhile and he said i had aperfect boobs....' -Pandagirl!

LaSenza ⇐ left Epidemic Jun. 5, 2011 - 14:57

Comment

I heard the Galaxy Tablet is really good, like a lot better than the Motorola Zoom.
                              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                              X