vizslas ** updated 8/21 with pics! **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vizslas ** updated 8/21 with pics! **

so i'm in the market for a dog and my g/f and i are pretty much settled on getting a vizsla.

the thing this, we started calling around to breeders and these things are $1200 - $1400. :O

think you'd drop that kind of money on a dog? i'm tempted to give up on a purebred and maybe look for a vizsla rescue or even a vizsla/pit bull mix (as they are pretty common).

anyone have any experience with this breed? my g/f works with dogs at this doggie "daycare" type place, which is where she first discovered vizslas. they call 'em the "velcro dog" because they get so attached to their owners and literally follow you everywhere you go. they're cute as all hell too as puppies and kinda majestic looking as adults. i really want one of these but sweet jesus that kind of money is a month's rent. :\
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

puppy:

adult:

jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I paid a cool grand for my dog, totally worth it man. Especially if the bloodline doesn't have any medical problems in its past. Think of it as an investment that will require less upkeep. If you get a mutt that has bad leg problems in its family history you are going to be paying twice that much for surgery assuming you don't want to spend a dollar on a shotgun shell that is.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

this is a very sturdy breed. only thing they might end up with is a bit of hip dysplasia, but that's common to almost all larger breeds. grooming requirements are basically nil. they even say that vizslas tend to always smell good. you could take them out for a day of hunting and run them all over the place through mud and tall grass and streams and what have you and they'll come back without that dirty stench hanging on them.

i soooo wanna pull the trigger. found a breeder practically in my backyard who just had a litter. the pups are a week old so i could have one by september.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

no, girls like it when you get dogs from the shelter
          can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

hope you are ready to satisfy its high energy needs, otherwise its a very good breed...they get along well with people

i had a chocolate lab and if I didn't play with him for one day he would tear up our garage sensors or make holes in the wall lol (when he was a puppy that is), these hunting/pointer breeds need play time
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

my g/f works here: wagsworth manor

she can bring the dog to work with her, and she's there 4 or 5 days a week. i live in an apartment, and that's my only hangup about having such a high energy dog, but i think taking it to that place will give it all the exercise and socialization it needs. in fact, we'll kinda be spoiling it.

edit: plus we already go for daily walks every night after work, so we'll bring the dog along. and valley forge state park is about 5 mins away, too.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

wow nice, thats like dog paradise then

im also considering buying a new dog. haven't decided on the breed yet, but i want a female one because i read that they are friendlier and i've always had male dogs. I hate small breeds, hairy breeds, and ugly breeds (poodle). Considering a german shephard.
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

with vizslas the only slight difference between male/female is size. females are generally a bit smaller, but only by five pounds or so. as far as temperament, there's no difference based on sex.

what kind of dog are you looking for? something smart and active? or a couch potato? since my girl got this job i've gotten into dogs quite a bit and i'm starting to learn a lot about various breeds.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

do you prefer male or female? are you going to spay/neuter your dog? not sure if these are myths or not but i've read and heard that female dogs are capable of holding in urine longer making them better house pets and easier to train but they tend to sulk

when i get older i'll get a couch potato, i've always wanted a bulldog that just sat in a corner lol...but as of now i want a semi-active and affectionate larger breed.

Comment

i tend to prefer female but with vizslas i'm not too concerned one way or the other.

have to talk to my g/f and see if she has any recommendations for you. she literally sees just about every breed of dog known to man on a daily basis.
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

tempted to get an Alaskan husky but they can be quite aggressive against other dogs and they shed a lot.

Comment

rhodesian ridgebacks are pretty cool. they can run alongside a horse for up to 30 miles. originally bred to hunt lions. they would actually chase 'em up trees.
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

paid $1500 for my doberman that had 2 champion parents that were healthy as horses, the extra money is worth it
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                            1:waven> is if im going to prison
                            1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

I was thinking about getting a vizsla as well. Normally I would say that an apartment isn't the best place, but if your girlfriend can take the dog to work, that will both socialize it and keep him from getting cabin fever in what I'm assuming is a small apartment. My problem is that I don't have a stable living situation, I travel a lot and am working on getting a full-time job. That puppy looks cute as hell though, I would pull the trigger if you can afford it.
                              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                              X