No announcement yet.

Irene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im probly gonna edit those posts because jesus god you can just google that shit

edit: i edited the posts........
    Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 09-01-2011, 05:49 AM.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Irene has to go down in history as a media disaster, never has coverage of a storm sucked so much. Dumbass media sends clueless and untrained people to stand in the surf and call it ‘storm surge’. The 24/7 news shows drive this kind of inane ‘reporting’, they simply have to fill up air time. Meanwhile, and several days after the ‘storm’ hits, the REAL news is hundreds of miles away inland with the flooding. How many hurricanes do we have to go through before the media figures out that the infrastructure impact might not happen in the few hours that the storm actually hits?

And the fallout of this bullshit media coverage? General public doesn’t take future hurricane warning seriously.
      eph

Comment

Vermont got sacked though with the rain and run-off they had. As for the coastal areas such as NJ, MD & DE in the Mid-Atlantic areas, they didn't take such as hard a hit. IMHO, the worst part of the storm was the back-end that brought the winds. The rain didn't do all that much to me flood wise in my area in Philly, but the winds that followed up-rooted many many a tree due to the saturated soil. Quite a few 200+ year old Oak trees in my area came crashing down.

I still would rather have such weather conditions than deal with the heat and no rains that many are experiencing in the SW. Give me my Four Seasons any day! Has been so nice having high 50's / low 60's weather at nite...open the windows and enjoying the temps

The reporting on the storm itself was such a sensationalized media circus and I agree with Ephemeral on that, but what does a weatherman have to look forward too all year other than a winter storm hitting.
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Working...
        X