What ship is tougher to master? Warbird or Javelin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ship is tougher to master? Warbird or Javelin

Thought I would throw some gas on this fire and add my 2 cents worth on what ship is hard to master. Obviously this is a biased opinion being as I only like to jav, but given the time I have been playing this game I feel I have a good idea of both sides.

To me, and again this is just my opinion, the javelin is of course a much more complex ship to master and for many reasons. OK, first obviously there are more weapons on a jav, ie. bullets and bombs. On a warbird...just a single bullet. So in this regard obviously there are more ways that one might play the ship with a bullet/bomb combo. This in itself is complex seeing as though there are different ways to use use bullets, single or multi, bouncing bombs and splash damage (another subject). These things combined make for a much more creative thinker to be able to judge and conserve energy and use your abilities to kill another. Warbirds on the other hand are cut and dry. 1 bullet = 1 kill. no two ways about it. No bouncing bullets, walls, or changing bullets usage to kill someone. The javelin bomb in itself is something complex as well. its a 1 shot kill weapon as well if it hits your target, but then again not everyone aims to kill, but to maybe mangle or cripple to come in and bullet. If you were to miss your shot you have to judge for the rebound or splash damage, which in itself is another thing you have to judge because how much damage is this bomb going to do when it explodes next to me? Who's gonna bullet me after? Just so many reasons why the Jav is much harder to me than a warbird. How about the subject of the arena is bigger? well javelins, and dont quote me, have a slower recharge rate and slower thrust speed than a warbird, so obviously a smaller map is needed. Imagine a wb match inside a small box with 10 people? Anarchy!! Instead you have a nice big open field to play on with no boundaries and plenty of room to run in. Pfffff...I could go on forever.....thoughts?

P.s. Jones you so dumb
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Keith> you don't need to eat human to eat meat.
    Goddess> Keith
    Goddess> gonna eat you

We got Burg <ER> and Steak <ER>, i already told them Goddess has a huge appetite! ?go PIE -H.M.S. Stargazer

(disown)> he loved to give head

Comment

every wb will say wb is harder to master and every jav will say jav is harder

jav is harder

but i've never been good at warbird so maybe warbird is harder
      Gun remembers.

Comment

jav is best

oh and your mom is

Comment

i'd like to toss in shark as well. definitely easy to be a competent shark, as far as getting really good is another story. Terr has an even bigger learning curve. You can trust me on the terr part, I watched Heisman go from losing us games in terr, to actually winning most of ours still in the terr. Keep in mind this took months. Whereas I learned to be a competent shark in a matter of weeks.

IMO, getting good at spider is hard as shit. especially when there is no one to practice against but spiders that are so much better than you (which is why we've stuck to bd'ing portal only ).
          4:BigKing> xD
          4:Best> i'm leaving chat
          4:BigKing> what did i do???
          4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
          4:BigKing> ???? why though
          4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
          4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Heisman yet is not any good in terr, please subscribe your explanation with a better example.
            Goddess> Keith
            Goddess> gonna eat you

We got Burg <ER> and Steak <ER>, i already told them Goddess has a huge appetite! ?go PIE -H.M.S. Stargazer

Comment

jav

i respect and fear both equally, but i would say im way more out of my element in a jav match than wb's.
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Its hard to say, i never wbed, so cant really compare them.
                Goddess> Keith
                Goddess> gonna eat you

Comment

i dont pretend i was good at either but i'd say it's jav

simply a lot more stuff going on

like ass bullets

wtf
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fLaReD View Post
                    every wb will say wb is harder to master and every jav will say jav is harder

jav is harder

but i've never been good at warbird so maybe warbird is harder
                    rly???????????????? im pretty sure every warbird wil say jav is harder.

Comment

I started out as wb and am now a jav. But I think jav is definately harder.
                      (Children)>hunted for life
                      (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                      :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

<- wb. Jav is harder.
                        sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                        1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

I think its best summarized like this.

There are more things to learn in jav simply because it has more options.

There are less skills to learn in wb, but because of that, you have to be very good at them to do well.

neither is inherently better than the other, its two different ships with lots of different appeals.

if you had to have a 1 word answer, I'd have to say jav.

Comment

coming from a 9 star player.......jav by FAR
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                            1:waven> is if im going to prison
                            1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Warbird is, because im a Warbird.

If more options of guns and etc means the ship is harder to master, than you guys agree with the idea that Trench Wars is a newbie zone, because the ships in other zones have way more options of guns and specials.

And that's not true. Most of other zones, at least for me, are easier to master...
                              Mega Newbie
                              TWLD Season MVP - 3 times
                              TWLD Captain/wb player Champion - Stray
                              TWEL wb and spid Champion!
                              TWLD final's chocker - 3 times
                              TWLJ bencher Champion
                              TWLB bencher Champion
                              Inactive Player

Comment

Working...
                              X