Any cigar smokers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any cigar smokers here?

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you like smoking cigars? Over the past year or so I've been getting into them quite a bit. I was surprised at how much I love the flavors and just sitting back and relaxing to smoke a nice cigar. It's relaxing, and just great and it feels like I'm on a nice vacation when I can find the time where I have nothing to do to just relax, watch TV or a video online and enjoy a cigar with nothing in the world bothering me. It's like my own personal getaway from life.

I've smoked some cigars with some older people (40-60 range) and they were kind of surprised to see a 23 year old smoking and knowing about cigars.

So what kind of cigars do you guys like, if you do smoke?

I was kind of hesitant in starting out because I didn't really know about anything. I first started when I was offered one at a friend's house. I was on vacation in a beach house with some rich people (lol). It was great. I started out with some Romeo and juliets, which I still enjoy and are good cigars, but I've discovered my palate really with things like Cohiba Red Dot, Pueblo Dominicano, and Arturo Fuente. I just finished smoking a cigar I really didn't think I'd like, a Man o War Ruination, and surprisingly I liked that one too! It was pretty strong, but it was gentle but spicy all at the same time. I was watching a video review of the cigar while I was smoking it, and I agreed with everything the guy said.. it was a great cigar and I was surprised I liked it (as did the guy doing the review).

cubans when i visit cuba for vacation, i always end up with boxes of them from friends as well. dominicans are nice too. romeo and juliets, cohibas, and montecristo are all solid cigars. i can't say i've had a "bad" cuban. people who do dip are hillbillies. if you think i'm generalizing here, you probably are a hillbilly who dips.

here's the thing about cigars, they don't need to be as big as they are... i've smoked some really nice cigars, and i still think that there's two main things to consider.

1) the size of the cigar needs to be proportional to the amount of drinking you're doing. most cubans are fucking huge and would take an entire night to finish, so in most cases there's no point lighting them up. stick to colts or old ports. the wine and rum tip is delicious, they are also $1-2 which makes them perfect for singular use.

2) do you have a toothbrush available right after smoking? if the answer is no don't smoke. I won't even smoke a cigarette if I can't brush my teeth, try mixing cigar smoke with shit food and alcohol and let it sit in your mouth for eight hours while you sleep. you'll wake up feeling raw, totally not worth it.

another pro tip, after a long night of drinking hit up a shisha bar... the smoke is less harsh and the food is usually delicious. flavored tobacco is better than non flavored tobacco. only issue is that shisha bars don't usually sell alcohol, so they don't tolerate drunks. i've gotten refused service, told to get the fuck out, passed out puking in their bathroom, and bribed a waitress to let me in. they smell cunts a mile away, don't show up and expect service if you're completely fucked.
    Last edited by Cops; 01-05-2012, 11:24 PM.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

LOL cops, #2 is spot on, I thought I was the only one who did that.

Last cigar I smoked was a H. Upmann Limited edition 2009, cigar was really good. One of the best I tasted (only did a few, started doing cigars a few months ago).

Comment

showing up wasted at a hookah lounge and puking in their bathroom isn't really what i'd consider a pro tip...not to mention the fact that they are wildly overpriced and attended mainly by underaged kids who can't handle their tiny portion of tobacco.

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
          people who do dip are hillbillies.
          Originally posted by Cops View Post
          i've gotten refused service, told to get the fuck out, passed out puking in their bathroom
          sigpic

Comment

I love a good hookah bar/lounge, but Scurvy's right. They're usually way too overrun with annoying kiddies who are woefully stupid and/or naive enough to think they're actually getting high.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Dipping is much more satisfying to me
              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                I love a good hookah bar/lounge, but Scurvy's right. They're usually way too overrun with annoying kiddies who are woefully stupid and/or naive enough to think they're actually getting high.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

thats why i have a 3 hose mya for personal use and nobody kicks me out when i get drunk. although put 20 drunk kids in a room with a lit hookah and you're sure to end up with some carpet burns.

Comment

Dutchmasters
                  sigpic
                  All good things must come to an end.

Comment

buncha degenerates in this thread
                    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                      showing up wasted at a hookah lounge and puking in their bathroom isn't really what i'd consider a pro tip...not to mention the fact that they are wildly overpriced and attended mainly by underaged kids who can't handle their tiny portion of tobacco.
                      I said don't, unless you like getting kicked out of places.
                      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I've been to shisha bars in Toronto, Niagara Falls, and Montreal and haven't run into hordes of children.

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                          Dipping is much more satisfying to me
                          Here

http://www.northerner.com/en/snus/No...%20Mini-32886/

Comment

backwoods cigars, while drinking, around a campfire are godly. it has to be warm and sort of humid though, but that's when it's the best.

Comment

Working...
                            X